Character Discussion What "popular" characters do you find to be boring or dislike ?

Among the characters with a huge popularity trend and who appear in the top 10 or 20 most popular characters classements, which ones do you actually find to not be that cool or interesting in terms of personnality or powers or both ?

For my part I am not really a fan of Sabo and Hancock and Luffy is certainely far from being my favorite character in the manga or MC among the many ones found in mangas.

Was thinking something similair a short time ago. In the end I think there are not characters in OP that I dislike, really not even the ones made only for that reason (Spandam, Orochi etc. The characters I dislilke, really can't see them, are the gary sues), if we go in the top 10 even less of course.. But the point is that I end up disliking the characters that are wanked too much (imo) so I dislike the character but mainly because of the wank he get from the fandom. It is a bit like the banter between Zoro and Sanji fandoms that ends with disliking the other fandom character.

Anyway the ones I dislike:
Kaido, his strongest creature wank make me dislike him yet I have to admit that at first I saw him just as a beef cake with 0 brain and thought Oda made him so to troll the fans yet in the end even if Kaido is not the sharpest tool he is still an interesting character that gets new details with each passing chapter to his personalities and motives.. So I guess in the end I don't even dislike him really just the wank he gets.

Doffy, same reason, can't get why a lot of people want him to be a match for Kata (and that is true even for super knowledgable op fans like Arthur). But even he has an interesting personality even if I never liked the crazy ones. Anyway one day I should reread Dressrosa, probably without the weekly pause it will be more interesting.

I agree on Sabo. For me he is just some kind of replacement for Ace, even before he get the mera, plus the amnesia was ridicoulous as an excuse.

Also maybe a bit BM since she now has been a bit overused and I fear she will be ridiculized again soon. Even if she get the clash with Kaido. More pity than dislike to be honest (at least if she doesn't start to scream wedding cake again).

Last edited:
Oh boy, this is my thread!

• Whitebeard
  • Ace
  • Aokiji
  • Zoro
  • Sanji
  • Luffy
  • Muhawk
  • Doffy
  • Kidd
  • Madara
  • Gandhi
  • Franky
  • Katakuri
  • Lucci
  • Rayleigh
  • Sabo
Madara?:crazwhat:

OT: Spandam, Saint Charloss, Hody Jones, Bellamy is pretty obvious. Robin used to be cool but then she become a background character :laughmoji: Urouge is overhyped as hell:madmonk::madmonk:And then there's King the Background:king:

N

NeutralWatcher

I never a fan of characters with many female admirers, Doflamingo or male admirers, Boa Hancock.

And Akainu is despicable who doesn't hesitate to kill innocent people to achieve his goal. Too dislikeable in my taste.
Post automatically merged:

No offense about Boa but I dislike how she is liked by almost every male and depicted as perfect character in the manga.

Zoro
Mihawk
Kaido(until now he started to reveal some semblance of a personality)
Dragon

I never a fan of characters with many female admirers, Doflamingo or male admirers, Boa Hancock.

And Akainu is despicable who doesn't hesitate to kill innocent people to achieve his goal. Too dislikeable in my taste.

No offense about Boa but I dislike how she is liked by almost every male and depicted as perfect character in the manga.
I’m lynching you day 1 next game we play together