Questions & Mysteries What was the point of BM's memory loss??

it kinda bug me till now, but what's the point of showing her losing her memory? at first, i was kinda hyped thinking it was something big, and maybe BM will be our alliance, but after just a couple chapters, she got her memory back only because of queen's attack??

i think her alliance with kaido is cool, but once again what's the frickin point of the memory loss???
will it play another plot in the story?
or is there something that i missed?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
It had a few purposes.

1) to Get Big Mom in Wano without Big Mom immediately terrorizing everything.
2) To allow Chopper / O'Tama to form some bond with O'Lin
3) To Rescue Luffy from Udon and eventually allow for Big Mom and Kaido to meet up.

If Big Mom made it to Wano intact, even with her crew outside, she'd of done plenty of damage to Wano before Kaido had to stop her. And, if Big Mom was hurting Kuri (where she washed up) the industrial heartland of Wano, I doubt Kaido could forgive her so readily. It'd of been a longer, drawn out battle. The potential for an alliance is still there, but it becomes more likely that this battle could've lasted a week or more.

Oda clearly doesn't want either weakened for the current fights and Big Mom will have some connection or compassion for O'Tama and the starving people IMO, after her stint as O'Lin.

It was to stop Luffy from beating Queen. Luffy was going to Mid Diff Queen if Big Mom did not come through.

Big Mom without Haki and her devil fruit low diffed Queen.
Big Mom was forced to use armament haki combined with her devil fruit and her bodyweight to stop a normal Gear 4 Boundman Kong Gun. Her arm still shook despite her using her bodyweight to block it.

If Big Mom beat queen without her haki or devil fruit, and needed both to stop a kong gun, what would happen if Luffy hit queen with kong organ gun?

It had a few purposes.

3) To Rescue Luffy from Udon and eventually allow for Big Mom and Kaido to meet up.

If Big Mom made it to Wano intact, even with her crew outside, she'd of done plenty of damage to Wano before Kaido had to stop her. And, if Big Mom was hurting Kuri (where she washed up) the industrial heartland of Wano, I doubt Kaido could forgive her so readily. It'd of been a longer, drawn out battle. The potential for an alliance is still there, but it becomes more likely that this battle could've lasted a week or more.

Oda clearly doesn't want either weakened for the current fights and Big Mom will have some connection or compassion for O'Tama and the starving people IMO, after her stint as O'Lin.
great theory bro! but i still think it's kinda cheap for oda to use that mainstream plot called "memory loss" only for big mom to reach kaido like that, but if it will give something more deep to the story in the future (compassion to chopper / o'tama), then imo it's good
Post automatically merged:

It was to stop Luffy from beating Queen. Luffy was going to Mid Diff Queen if Big Mom did not come through.

Big Mom without Haki and her devil fruit low diffed Queen. Big Mom was forced to use armament haki combined with her devil fruit and her bodyweight to stop a normal Gear 4 Boundman Kong Gun. Her arm still shook despite her using her bodyweight to block it.

If Big Mom beat queen without her haki or devil fruit, and needed both to stop a kong gun, what would happen if Luffy hit queen with kong organ gun?
so u think luffy could beat up queen? what diff??:choppawhat:

great theory bro! but i still think it's kinda cheap for oda to use that mainstream plot called "memory loss" only for big mom to reach kaido like that, but if it will give something more deep to the story in the future (compassion to chopper / o'tama), then imo it's good
Post automatically merged:

so u think luffy could beat up queen? what diff??:choppawhat:
Keep in mind the Luffy I was talking about above, never mastered Advanced Armament Haki.

Current Luffy would one shot Queen with King Kong Gun v2.

As shown below, destroying something from the inside out without touching it, with the added force of Luffy's Gear 4 elasticity.

It had a few purposes.

1) Big Mom was coming to Anigashima and not exactly to Wano since she told Kaido about alliance even before coming to Wano, She wanted to meet Kaido and make an alliance with Kaido all along. Besides, why Big Mom would terrorize Wano? She's an evil woman but nat a maniac.
2) why Olin should exist in first place?
3) Luffy's escape plot could have been handled by literally anyone, even I can make Udon plot look great. Big Mom wanted to meet Kaido all along and at the end of the day she met Kaido eventually.

The worst thing about Big Mom's amnesia plot is not that Oda couldn't write samthing better, but that he could, but choose not to.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
1) Big Mom was coming to Anigashima and not exactly to Wano since she told Kaido about alliance even before coming to Wano, She wanted to meet Kaido and make an alliance with Kaido all along. Besides, why Big Mom would terrorize Wano? She's an evil woman but nat a maniac.
Big Mom would 100% rough up Kuri and Jack the Drought if she got there. She's in rival territory and one of Kaido's top men just potentially killed her children by flipping her ship. Why would she stroll around and be civil?

2) why Olin should exist in first place?
Because it's obviously going to come back around either in this arc or in Elbaf. Big Mom wanting to do something altruistic as O'Lin is significant. Even more so considering it's hunger/food related.

3) Luffy's escape plot could have been handled by literally anyone, even I can make Udon plot look great. Big Mom wanted to meet Kaido all along and at the end of the day she met Kaido eventually.

The worst thing about Big Mom's amnesia plot is not that Oda couldn't write samthing better, but that he could, but choose not to.
Okay, cool. Write your fanfiction. But in One Piece, Big Mom allowed for Luffy to escape, allowed for Luffy to free the prisoners, and took Queen physically out of Udon. She was responsible for saving Luffy, Eustass Kidd, Killer, and Hyou.

Big Mom without Haki and her devil fruit low diffed Queen. Big Mom was forced to use armament haki combined with her devil fruit and her bodyweight to stop a normal Gear 4 Boundman Kong Gun. Her arm still shook despite her using her bodyweight to block it.

Really wasn't ever about fights, considering Queen wasn't even at Udon when BM lost her memory lol. If Oda didn't want Luffy to beat Queen, he just wouldn't have encountered or beaten Queen at all

Big Mom would 100% rough up Kuri and Jack the Drought if she got there. She's in rival territory and one of Kaido's top men just potentially killed her children by flipping her ship. Why would she stroll around and be civil?
She could have easily checked what happened to her children and again, she wanted to meet with Kaido first.
Because it's obviously going to come back around either in this arc or in Elbaf. Big Mom wanting to do something altruistic as O'Lin is significant. Even more so considering it's hunger/food related.
I'm even afraid to imagine in which way or why, I just hope that she will not become a plot armor for the alliance, if Olin joins the alliance and fights with Kaido I will quit reading one piece cuz that's cartoon level of writing.

Okay, cool. Write your fanfiction. But in One Piece, Big Mom allowed for Luffy to escape, allowed for Luffy to free the prisoners, and took Queen physically out of Udon. She was responsible for saving Luffy, Eustass Kidd, Killer, and Hyou.
All things that you listed could have been reached in much better way.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
She could have easily checked what happened to her children and again, she wanted to meet with Kaido first.
She doesn't have Zeus or a transponder snail. So, at the very least she's now raiding a compound in Kuri. And you still have the fact she was just attacked by Kaido and has zero reason to play nice.

I'm even afraid to imagine in which way or why, I just hope that she will not become a plot armor for the alliance, if Olin joins the alliance and fights with Kaido I will quit reading one piece cuz that's cartoon level of writing.
Well, it is a cartoon. So expect some form of surprise from Linlin because of O'Lin.

All things that you listed could have been reached in much better way.
And again, I'm not arguing for the quality of the writing here. But why it happened

right, if the O'Lin plot is going to come back then i'm okay with the amnesia thing because at least it was meant to play a longer part in the story... but if the come back just meant to make BM alliance with luffy, then i will be very upset tbh :josad:

Again man, we are talking about plot and not about what she would have done in specific situation or not, this is not a personality analysis. The simple fact is, is that knowing Oda and how good of a writer he is I'm sure he could have done much better job, the reason why Big Mom had amnesia is because Oda was lazy.

Again man, we are talking about plot and not about what she would have done in specific situation or not, this is not a personality analysis. The simple fact is, is that knowing Oda and how good of a writer he is I'm sure he could have done much better job, the reason why Big Mom had amnesia is because Oda was lazy.
i agree with this because amnesia thing is the last kind of story i would ever read in op, it is such a mainstream and lazy type of story telling imo... but if it's going to be something more, then no complaints for me

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
right, if the O'Lin plot is going to come back then i'm okay with the amnesia thing because at least it was meant to play a longer part in the story... but if the come back just meant to make BM alliance with luffy, then i will be very upset tbh :josad:
I'm sure it'll come back to have Linlin spare or leave Wano without taking out the SH's.

So you're just talking about the quality of the writing instead of the reason for it. Yeah, it could've been better. But O'Lin being a thing was for several reasons. Considering Kaido's acclaim of an All Out War, it's normal to assume a straight up meeting between them wouldn't of been good for either side.

I'm sure it'll come back to have Linlin spare or leave Wano without taking out the SH's.

So you're just talking about the quality of the writing instead of the reason for it. Yeah, it could've been better. But O'Lin being a thing was for several reasons. Considering Kaido's acclaim of an All Out War, it's normal to assume a straight up meeting between them wouldn't of been good for either side.
lol thats okay, but i do hope BM will be beaten in the wano arc 😂

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I truly do not f'ing understand why Oda did that. This is completely useless for me especially now that her memories are back. He wasted so many chapters on that Meme sh*t like Luffy couldn't braw with Queen or something.

Amnesia plot is one of the worst if not the worst side plot of Wano.