Powers & Abilities What was the point of Sanji's exoskeleton PU?

Did Sanji just pull an uno reverse card?

• Total voters
I wouldn't worry too much, even if he gets back to normal it's pretty sure the exo will come back in his next fights. Maybe this turns into a transform he chooses when using equal to ssj or something similar.

If oda makes sanji lose his exoskeleton it will be bs.
I believe it's either of those two..
1. sanji actually wining the battle with his inner self and have all the powers from the pu.
2. Sanji have the exoskeleton but he is not as strong or fast and it's time he goes berserk he can tap into the ifrit mode but his eyebrows change and it's time he loses some of his humanity.
This could lead to evil sanji theories but i believe it's option 1.

Pretty sure he is still tough enough to break shusui and other meitou. The eye brow change signifies he still retains his humanity. Power ups don't just disappear. Even if it's gone it means it's something like Gear 4th that he can pull out in when he the need arises. That would be pretty amazing to be honest.

Sanji's main "weapon" is his legs. As we know with Queen's brachiosnake attacks, Advanced CoA, and Advanced CoC shown in this arc, Armament Haki itself won't be enough to make Sanji top tier. There are attacks that goes through defense in top tier fights.

Hence the Exoskeleton comes in, his legs/body itself are really durable. This allows him to fight a top tier battle and damages highly durable people.

Else, a few attacks like Brachiosnake/AdCoA/AdCoC will broke Sanji and render him useless. We can't have that. See Vergo situation.
Else, when he kicks ultra durable stuff, it backfires. See Kuma situation.

Isn't it obvious?

First off it means sanji's development isn't over yet

Second it means base sanji will get to show off his strength at times

Third the raid suit served as a way to highlight sanji's loyalty and character development

And finally oda needed an excuse to explain how sanji's powers worked

And it was a pretty good twist, sanji was never weak he just limited himself and still does