What was the worst era of anime?

Which era was the dark ages?

• Total voters
Were currently in a great era of anime, the past decade came with so many amazing anime, and a bunch of modern classics.

However, what was the era when anime was majorly shit?

Every medium goes through the "dark ages". Games, movies, western cartoons (especially western animation) sitcoms etc...

However, I can't think of a timespan when i actually hated anime.

There has been a lot of great anime that aired since then. You're missing out on a lot! I can link my animelist profile if you're interested.

For example, JJK is one of the best new anime out there right now
I think it has more to do with the fact that I'm getting older, I also watched tons of animes around 2015, here's my list : https://myanimelist.net/animelist/WestWood7

You can show me yours, if there a short (12/24 ep) animes I might watch them

Don't know
I only watch anime that i get recommended alot or people talk about very much so i have seen only good shows ( with the exception of maybe 4 or 5 shows ) and i never cared or looked for when they were made so i can't really say which decade had a lot of bad anime
This decade had some awesome ones tho
AOT, One punch man, Jojo and HXH to name a few

Anime from 2015 till 2020 was meh in many terms.
Lets see where this going in the 2021...for now it questionable.
Problem is that anime already lose uniqueness, something that made peopke watch it instead of watching some TV shows or series. In fact many anime just copy previous anime without giving something new to auditory. Another problem that some anime are showed as something good and pick interest onlyin the begining, but do not give any solid final at the end of story. But forme main problem of anime is fanservice and how it was added to any title. Compare this to 2000- th, where you could saw fanservice, even more hmm detalise with hmm tits and other things, but litteraly anime was never build on fanservice, it was used just in supporting matters. So if you build your anime on fanservice only, what plot could have anime like that?! Imho better watch hentai already, it could serve much better than another echi without plot. So yes, for me biggest problem of anime that air from 2014- 2020 was lack in plot terms. But problem is that those animes still got popularity, some people enjoy watching garbage like that, and case of that anime overall fall in terms of quelity, plot, characters. While TV series and shows develop quelity and made some solid series which easily beat garbage anime with meh plot, characters etc.

Haven't watch many anime , do watch anime adaptions of manga for ex Bleach , HxH , Naruto, Death Note etc..
Naruto shippudden (filler ) era was bad IMO , including one piece anime at that time.
Now a days anime quality has improved , but still missing Cow Boy Bebop, Samurai champloo type anime (best action , screenplay , soundtrack) . Nowdays anime protagonist become more and more immature..

That's a bit hard to discern.

Some times had really great OVA's and movies, but fairly underwhelming tv shows, while others had great tv shows, but more lackluster movies and so forth and so on.

And what would be a measure of overall quality anyway?
I'm not sure to be honest. If you just want to rate the series only (excluding movies and OVAs) then it's probably a better idea.