Speculations What were the matchups for Garp + Roger Pirates vs Rocks Pirates

THE GOD VALLEY INCIDENT

This is the event that pited Garp and Roger against Rocks and his crew. Let's discuss and speculate on what the potential matchups have been in the fight that broke apart the Rocks Pirates.

On the side of the Rocks Pirates we have Rocks himself

Whitebeard, Big Mom and Kaido

as well as other big names such as Golden Lion Shiki, Silver Axe, Captain John, Wang Zhi..

On the side of the Garp and Roger alliance we have obviously Roger and Garp

then Roger's Big Name subordinates at the time Rayleigh and Scopper

as well as some of the rest of Roger's crew which should have many other formidable fighters among its ranks

Beware though as we're unsure exactly who was a Roger Pirate already at the time this happened.

So how exactly did this fight go down ?

Did Roger and Garp both had to fight Rocks himself ?

Did Roger fights Rocks while Garp fought maybe Whitebeard ?

Who did Rayleigh and Gaban fight against ? Rayleigh vs Big Mom and Gaban vs Kaido ?

Did Roger even have his crew with him, or was he somehow by himself and somehow Roger and Garp fought Rocks and his entire crew by themselves ?

Feel free to speculate and go as indepth as you're comfortable with about how this historic battle played out :cheers:
Post automatically merged:

My guess goes as follow :

Roger and Garp teamed up against Rocks.

Kaido was young and brash and he tried his chance at Roger, and that's where he learned how strong Roger is getting quickly taken out.

Whitebeard and Big Mom i think were Rock's Right and Left Hands, so i'd put WB vs Rayleigh and Big Mom vs Gaban, with likely both fights being equal one's, and Whitebeard/Big Mom simply disengaging after Rocks was defeated.

Most of every other Rocks pirate likely fought the Marines that were with Garp and the other Roger pirates, and most of them also probably decided to escape after they witnessed the defeat of Rocks.

Last edited:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Hmm.. we acknowledged that Rocks wasn't labeled as WSM, but this doesn't necessarily hold a supreme weight and he was probably in his prime in there.. makes sense if Roger teamed up to bring him down.

WB also was not and perhaps he went up against Ray + another opponent.

Big Mom chased by someone else eventually.

Roger vs rocks

Garp vs WB

Rayleigh vs Shiki

Scopper gabban vs BM

No idea about others

It can also be roger + garp vs Rocks......
I considered Shiki among the big names as opponent for either Rayleigh or Scopper, but it seems that he was not quite as big of a deal back then since when the events are discussed we have the first tier of names dropped here

apparently, and Shikki is listed afterwards among the others

I considered Shiki among the big names as opponent for either Rayleigh or Scopper, but it seems that he was not quite as big of a deal back then since when the events are discussed we have the first tier of names dropped here

apparently, and Shikki is listed afterwards among the others

Well BM and kaido letter became yonkos and are rulling seas for longer time.........kaido was an apprentice in rox crew and BM was also considerable weaker.........shiki was close to his prime imo

Before that there is so much to talk about.

We have the betrayal plot. We have WB saying the problem of Rocks Pirates was because of many people with strong will(CoC users?).

All that against Roger crew + Garp and his marines makes me think that Rocks himself was in a different level that Roger and maybe even WB ever was.

Well BM and kaido letter became yonkos and are rulling seas for longer time.........kaido was an apprentice in rox crew and BM was also considerable weaker.........shiki was close to his prime imo
For Kaido, since he was so young, i think that he tried his chance at Roger and got taken out quickly. Like that was his moment when he had to accept defeat as he told Kinemon last chapter, and he got to learn how much of a monster Roger was.

If Roger and Garp had to team up vs Rocks, i think Ray vs WB and Gaban vs BM makes sense. Ray and Gaban would not have to win, just hold on in those fights until Roger and Garp manage to overwhelm Rocks, and which point it seems his crew disbanded as Rocks was the only thing holding them together.

I think this makes sense for their ages as well.

Rayleigh is 4 years older than Whitebeard, while Big Mom is a whole decade younger than Rayleigh.

If i were to guess based on their looks i'd say Scopper should also be younger than Rayleigh, so he could fit as her opponent at the time.

I think

Roger Vs Xebec (Parallel to wen Luffy fights BB)

Garp Vs WB (The 2 were throwing mad shade at each other during MF in regards to eachothers relative strengh)

Rayleigh Vs BM and Scooper Vs Shiki (Rayleigh obviously would get the stronger of the 2, hes also the more versatile fighter to handle all of BM techniques. I also feel Scooper and Shiki would have some neat fight choreography).

Kaido prolly jobed to Roger or smth, doubt he was nearly as strong as he is now.
Post automatically merged:

Before that there is so much to talk about.

We have the betrayal plot. We have WB saying the problem of Rocks Pirates was because of many people with strong will(CoC users?).

All that against Roger crew + Garp and his marines makes me think that Rocks himself was in a different level that Roger and maybe even WB ever was.
This is smth ive thought about, but WB strikes as a man who wouldnt betray his crew no matter how shitty they might be.

At most i can see him not fighting or stopping anyone from interfering with Roger's fight with Xebec.

Roger + Garp vs Xebec
WB vs Ray halfway then WB choose to ceasefire
Scopper VS Shikki halfway then Shikki Run Bcs Xebec start loosing
LinLin VS strongest 4 of Roger pirates/Garp 2nd strongest underling halfway then run while saving Kaido that was stomped early since he was most likely still a teenager.

If Roger's crew was with him which I think they were I can see going down like this
Roger & garp v xebec
Rayleigh vs whitebeard
Gaban v big mom
Kaido & shiki vs marines & the rest of roger pirates
Sengoku said xebec was roger first & most formidable rival, & what make me think it was tag team against rocks is because so far In one piece thrre has being a lot of tag team matches

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Think the Marines would have played a bigger part. Sengoku speaks like he was there- what about Tsuru, how strong was she in her prime? Was Kong there? Is this a chance to make Zephyr canon (yes please?)

I don’t think any matchup was really important other than Garp and Roger vs Xebec tbh. Oda had the chance to draw Rayleigh or Sengoku and chose not to. Suspect if it is ever shown it’ll just be the main fight with maybe a few side panels of other characters, not even fighting each other, just fighting fodder.

Think the Marines would have played a bigger part. Sengoku speaks like he was there- what about Tsuru, how strong was she in her prime? Was Kong there? Is this a chance to make Zephyr canon (yes please?)

I don’t think any matchup was really important other than Garp and Roger vs Xebec tbh. Oda had the chance to draw Rayleigh or Sengoku and chose not to. Suspect if it is ever shown it’ll just be the main fight with maybe a few side panels of other characters, not even fighting each other, just fighting fodder.
Could have been a good opportunity for some hints at a Sengoku vs Shiki, to tie it in with Sengoku going after Shiki way later when Garp decided to come along, and the two of them ended up defeating Shiki and bringing him to Impel Down.

Roger + Garp vs Rocks.
Ray vs WB (he probably fought against him since he was called a legend alongisde wb)
Gabban vs BM/Shiki/Kaido...
And the rest against the rest.
I know that both Roger and Garp are very strong but I don't see them fighting all of Rocks' crew alone. Imagine Roger+Garp VS Rocks+BM+WB+Kaido+Shiki... Etc. In my opinion that sounds more like a one sided massacre.

Roger + Garp + WB vs Rocks
Rayleigh vs Shiki
Scopper + Tsuru vs BM
Roger vs Kaido (Blueno treatment)

I imagine their relative strength something like this

Rocks - 10
Roger - 8.5
WB - 8.1
Garp - 7.7
Rayleigh - 7.2
Shiki - 6.9
BM - 6.7
Kaido - 6.4
Scopper - 6.1
Tsuru - 5.8

W
Roger + Garp + WB vs Rocks
Rayleigh vs Shiki
Scopper + Tsuru vs BM
Roger vs Kaido (Blueno treatment)

I imagine their relative strength something like this

Rocks - 10
Roger - 8.5
WB - 8.1
Garp - 7.7
Rayleigh - 7.2
Shiki - 6.9
BM - 6.7
Kaido - 6.4
Scopper - 6.1
Tsuru - 5.8
Why is WB fighting against his captain?

Why is WB fighting against his captain?
I think WB for one reason or other disagreed with what Rocks wanted to achieve. WB may already have been appalled by Rocks pirates killing each other and when he heard the entirety of Rocks world destruction plans during the battle he switched sides.

I adhere to the theory that the scar on WBs chest that he spoke with Shanks about is not from Roger but rather Rocks who is Shanks father.

I believe Roger and Garp fought Rocks, got defeated, WB stepped in and bought time for Roger and Garp to get healed and ultimately Rocks got defeated. Similar to Luffy and Law against Doflamingo or Roof Top 5 against Kaido or why not Yamato.

Idk why few of you are putting Gaban low when it is shown he fought Oden and beat him. Pretty sure he would be able to fight Big Mom or Kaido more. Shouldn't underestimate him. I wouldn't put Rayleigh to face Whitebeard either given he isn't in that range and would fight someone with Gaban more.