General & Others Where do you rank One Piece in all time Manga?

One Piece all time ranking

• Top 3

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Top 5

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Top 10

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Top 15

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Top 20

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Top 30

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters
Where do you rank One Piece in your all time list of the manga you have read so far??

Mine:

1. One Piece - Great interesting well developed world/developing world. Great side characters & side storylines. Fantastic main cast and the story only gets more and more interesting as it progresses with more questions to be answered.
2. Hajime no Ippo - this is like reading somebody's whole life bruh. What George has done with Hajime no Ippo is damn insane.
3. Kingdom - So well written when it comes to political aspect, well balanced development of the "youth" of the story, and fantastic world building that rivals that of One Piece's, though it's not as large of a world as One Piece.
4. Detective Conan - Amazing work in creating intriguing mystery short stories, that loosely connect with a bigger plot.
5. Berserk - No words to describe.

Now for chapter to chapter I would hold Kingdom & Berserk at top 2 spots, but that doesn't make sense to do so, because chapters are used differently by different mangakas. I think Kingdom will eventually be #1, there's currently about a 300+ story worth of different between the two. Once it's down to about 150-200 difference, I would def. put it at #1. But I greatly respect Detective Conan/One Piece/ Hajime No Ippo for continuing to deliver top quality stuff with 1000+ chapters. They're not milking the story, but actually telling the main story still.

But yea for now One Piece for me is the #1 manga out there, followed by Hajime no Ipo, then be Kingdom. Where do you rank One Piece in your top 5 or top 10?

I have read

HxH
Tokyo Ghoul
AOT
Parasyte the Maxium
FullMetal
Naruto
Berserk
World trigger (idk why I read it but I kinda enjoyed it lol),

And a couple of others that I cant recall but I put One Piece last! Worst manga I have ever read. One Piece is just 50% set up, 45% running around doing nothing and 5% story.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I rank it #1 on my personal list with two caveats:

1. I haven’t read a lot of mangas other than the common classics and a few Shonen Jump deep cuts, but among all the greats, it’s the one that has held me captivated the longest
2. Even if I think highly of Oda’s work, I’m not so blindly devoted that I think it’s as good as it could be or even as enjoyable as it used to be…part of that is how much I’ve aged since I started reading it, but the other part is how much the author has also declined in that time :kayneshrug:

Where do you rank One Piece in your all time list of the manga you have read so far??

Mine:

1. One Piece - Great interesting well developed world/developing world. Great side characters & side storylines. Fantastic main cast and the story only gets more and more interesting as it progresses with more questions to be answered.
2. Hajime no Ippo - this is like reading somebody's whole life bruh. What George has done with Hajime no Ippo is damn insane.
3. Kingdom - So well written when it comes to political aspect, well balanced development of the "youth" of the story, and fantastic world building that rivals that of One Piece's, though it's not as large of a world as One Piece.
4. Detective Conan - Amazing work in creating intriguing mystery short stories, that loosely connect with a bigger plot.
5. Berserk - No words to describe.

Now for chapter to chapter I would hold Kingdom & Berserk at top 2 spots, but that doesn't make sense to do so, because chapters are used differently by different mangakas. I think Kingdom will eventually be #1, there's currently about a 300+ story worth of different between the two. Once it's down to about 150-200 difference, I would def. put it at #1. But I greatly respect Detective Conan/One Piece/ Hajime No Ippo for continuing to deliver top quality stuff with 1000+ chapters. They're not milking the story, but actually telling the main story still.

But yea for now One Piece for me is the #1 manga out there, followed by Hajime no Ipo, then be Kingdom. Where do you rank One Piece in your top 5 or top 10?
Manga?
I have only read 4 Mangas, and One Piece is like second best

Overall anime and manga, probably still top 2 top 3 for me

But again I haven't seen much

2. Even if I think highly of Oda’s work, I’m not so blindly devoted that I think it’s as good as it could be or even as enjoyable as it used to be…part of that is how much I’ve aged since I started reading it, but the other part is how much the author has also declined in that time :kayneshrug:
Ahaha, I get that bruh. Crazy that it's the opposite for me, personally I enjoy the stuff post-TS way more than any stuff from pre-TS, so I find personally Oda's writing going up, rather than down. Though I still have my gripes with some of the stuff Oda's done post-Ts. But it's all subjective stuff tho.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Ahaha, I get that bruh. Crazy that it's the opposite for me, personally I enjoy the stuff post-TS way more than any stuff from pre-TS, so I find personally Oda's writing going up, rather than down. Though I still have my gripes with some of the stuff Oda's done post-Ts. But it's all subjective stuff tho.
I’ve enjoyed a lot of moments after the timeskip, but any given arc compared to any single one before the jump just doesn’t measure up for me. Glimpses of the old Oda are usually enough to sustain me through certain monotonous stretches of the canon, otherwise I’d be more inclined to drop off :usoprice:

Writing is not all subjective. If I wrote a manga and you compared my writing with Kishimoto's writing are you going to say that my writing is better than him since it is "all subjective"? No. There are rules and concepts that authors take when writing. Writing is much more objective than subjective. Post time skip falls into that category. There are rules and concepts that Oda forsake in order to create "hype" moments which is why post time skip is objectively worse than pretime skip. You prefer hype moments over quality writing, that is the only subjective thing about it.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Definitely below Death Note, Monster and Berserk. Code Geass too but the anime. Now after that there are a few manga I prefer over OP, though can't really say they are better than OP when everything is taken into consideration, they kinda even out, or some are a tiny bit better than OP or a tiny bit worse. So let's say somewhere in the top 20.

On my enjoyment list it has gone down abruptly. I've actually dropped it. Haven't read OP since chapter 1013 iirc. Maybe I'll pick it up in the future again, but so far I have no enjoyment from it.

Last edited:
Writing is not all subjective. If I wrote a manga and you compared my writing with Kishimoto's writing are you going to say that my writing is better than him since it is "all subjective"? No. There are rules and concepts that authors take when writing. Writing is much more objective than subjective. Post time skip falls into that category. There are rules and concepts that Oda forsake in order to create "hype" moments which is why post time skip is objectively worse than pretime skip. You prefer hype moments over quality writing, that is the only subjective thing about it.
I didn't say writing was subjective. Your preference for writing is subjective. Your standards of how you judge a piece of fiction are subjective. Your eyes that you use to look at something and the way you perceive it is subjective.

Tell me the clear cut rules & concepts of Echiiro Oda that he undertook when he started writing. Then we can continue this discussion further.

One Piece was a my undisputed number 1 for a long time but now it’s 3rd~4th favourite manga overall. Maybe the rank will rise during the next arcs.
There’s another ranking I have, my current enjoyment. If you count One Piece as a whole it’s still in my top 5 but this raid and WCI/Wano in general were mid for me.
I‘m more addicted than hyped currently.
Regarding my current enjoyment it’s still in my top 10, probably around 6-7 but they’re other mangas which I enjoy more weakly.

Unfair list because some of my faves ive never actually read their mangas but the following are in order of best/fav that I did indeed read arc after arc or binged read thru

1. One Piece
2. Worst
3. Hajime No Ippo
4. Kingdom
5. Crows
6. Vinland Saga
7. Gantz
8. Naruto (Never finished tho)
9. QP
10. Gamaran

Anime list

1. One Piece
2. Rurouni Kenshin
3. Yu Yu Hakusho
4. Death Note
5. Dragon Ball & DBZ (No Super)
6. Hajime No Ippo
7. Avatar the Last Airbender
8. Vinland Saga
9. Full Metal Alchamist
10. Naruto
11. Attack on Titan
12. Samurai Champloo
13. Cowboy Bebop
14. One Punch Man
15. Worlds Mightiest Disciple Kenichi

But Yeah One Piece tops the list on each. Never been this consistently intrigued and impressed and invested with a series for this long. Just wish I could've binge read more of the series before catching up like I could with Crows X Worst Ippo Vinland Kingdom and Gantz.

Will also point out that ive never truly read or watched HxH Berserk or Vagabond but from what I hear from and have seen from those series they could crack the top 10 and even top 5 lol

Last edited:
I’ve enjoyed a lot of moments after the timeskip, but any given arc compared to any single one before the jump just doesn’t measure up for me. Glimpses of the old Oda are usually enough to sustain me through certain monotonous stretches of the canon, otherwise I’d be more inclined to drop off :usoprice:
Personally bruhz, that's the last thing I want from Oda to go back to his pre-TS writing. In fact in my opinion he needs to abandon the pre-Ts mentality and get serious with OP, all that comedic non-sense fit the whole pre-TS, but post-TS those pre-TS elements that he for some reason doesn't want to abandon, just keep on killing the great stuff he's written.

Primary example, he builds up side characters with a big vendetta against the main antagonist of the arc... those arc-characters end up playing 2nd fiddle to the strawhats despite having more issues with the main antagonist of the arc. Koza/Vivi/Kobra - Crocodile, Nami - Arlong Park, Wyper/old man - Enel, so on and so forth. In my opinion, he should've abandoned this shit when Dressrosa happened, by having Kyros play a crucial role in Luffy's fight against Doflamingo or at the very least have Kyros be there to confront Doffy at the end or something, but nope, he wants to stick to that pre-TS methodology. Then we move on to the scabbards, EPIC ass build up.. for absolutely nothing... they'll defeat some side characters and that be it.

Gags - they was annoying pre-Ts and they still annoying now. For example, Sanji became annoying the moment this mf had that whole kiss Nami's ass moment and went at Zoro for it at Arlong park. And Oda still wants to keep that shit going.

But... some people like that shit. Hell people want more strawhat time, which I personally don't think is needed.

All the big issues I personally with post-TS are the shit that he's done pre-TS as well. However, I perfer the post-TS simply because it's just better characters & better storylines going. Fujitora-Sakazuki development/ Gorosei-Shanks/ Marines got shit popping/ Oden Flashback/ etc.

I didn't say writing was subjective. Your preference for writing is subjective. Your standards of how you judge a piece of fiction are subjective. Your eyes that you use to look at something and the way you perceive it is subjective.

Tell me the clear cut rules & concepts of Echiiro Oda that he undertook when he started writing. Then we can continue this discussion further.
Hmm plenty

- Bigger boobs and more fanservice
- Oda sacrifices other characters only to make Luffy look good.
- Unnecessary side characters and subplots for example Marco's note to Luffy or when Big Mom pirates came to Wano to only completely being shafted because of "plot".
- Over usage of PIS for example Queen and Big Mom
- Much longer arcs where Sabody, Amazon Lily, Impel Down, Marine Ford, Ace/Luffy flashback COMBINED took less chapters than Wano alone.
- The over usage of plot devices
- Introducing characters that are relevant to the overall story but not having them participate in anything, e.g Toki grew up in the void century than Oda decided to cast her aside to being a baby making machine for Oden
- Structure of scenes and plotline for example let's look at Kanjuro, what was the point in the scabbards fighting Kanjuro offscreen and Kanjuro being "killed" offscreen...only for the scabbards to have to confront Kanjuro a second time? That first encounter added absolutely nothing to the narrative and in fact hurt the Kanjuro plotline. Oda wasted months of tension and buildup on an offscreen encounter.
- Sheer amount of characters to such an extent that no matter what Oda does he won't be able to do justice with all characters now. Oda is trying to run a 4 hour marathon in 5 minutes, to do so he takes short cuts and progress in unnatural ways. Oda simply added too many characters and storylines, now he has no idea how to maneuver through this mess and often just leaps past all of it in attempts to just make luffy win because well.....that's what needs to happen.
- Literally hundreds of chapters used as set up.
- Retcons, for example King Baum disobeying Big Mom and yet obeyed Nami because she had Big Mom vivre card.

So much more.

B

Ballel

I dont read many manga but out of those I read , One Piece is pretty much at the top for what it is. I used to enjoy the pre ts anime a lot when I was younger. The manga currently is dragging on and on and as many others mentioned, my current enjoyment for the weekly release is not that great.
I know it will probably get better after Wabo os done once we get to the void century/eos fights stuff. I pretty much watch the anime only to see the manga in animated form. I dont watch all of the episodes, the pacing is mostly godawful even if you speed it up to 200%.

I rank Vagabond higher as a manga.

When it comes to Anime, One Piece is far from being the best.
Samurai champloo and Avatar are much better.