Break Week Which Arc Achieved More? Dressrosa vs WCI

Which Arc Achieved More

• Dressrosa

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • WCI

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters
Dressrosa opened up a lot of plotlines for the story to progress, the whole kaido saga, thw celestial dragons, sabo getting ace s fruit, the freedom of dressrosa meant the abolishment of shichibukai, disrupting the underground trades, creation of the fleet

While WCI, we got the big meme, the sanji backstory and sh getting a hand on the poneglyph, (the only valuable reason i could think)

D

Dragomir

Dressrosa moved the events of the plot forward. It set us off for the Yonko saga. The Straw Hats extended with the Grand Fleet to look more like a Pirate King crew. It established a new major plot point with Fuji trying to abolish the Warlords. Then we got CP0 which could be an organization that becomes relevant in the plot later down the line, however that may occur.

Dressrosa was necessary for the story and moved it forward tremendously. Whole Cake Island was just there for Sanji but did absolutely nothing to advance the story.

Story progression wise, dressrosa achieved more, it paved the way for the story to go where it is right now, remove the sanji plotline and thebwhole wci arc, nothing would change in the current story line.

Oda can bring big meme to wano if he wants even without the wci, oda can have the whole crew get to wano after zou right away without side stepping to wci, and story will still be the same

Story progression wise, dressrosa achieved more, it paved the way for the story to go where it is right now, remove the sanji plotline and thebwhole wci arc, nothing would change in the current story line.

Oda can bring big meme to wano if he wants even without the wci, oda can have the whole crew get to wano after zou right away without side stepping to wci, and story will still be the same
The Sanji plotline sidestepped the main storyline

MC growing is important.
MC grows in every arc. You're telling me it was worth wasting 2 years to have an arc that sidestepped the main storyline so the MC could grow?
Post automatically merged:

so getting one of the 4 road poneglyphs did nothing to advance the story?
Because Luffy planned on going back to WCI to beat BM down the line, for that reason I say yes it did

MC grows in every arc. You're telling me it was worth wasting 2 years to have an arc that sidestepped the main storyline so the MC could grow?
But he grew more than usual during WCI. Whole point of the fight against Katakuri was having Luffy grow. It would have looked weird if Luffy went straight from 500 millions berry scrub barely able to beat a shichibukai to defeating an emperor.

But he grew more than usual during WCI. Whole point of the fight against Katakuri was having Luffy grow. It would have looked weird if Luffy went straight from 500 millions berry scrub barely able to beat a shichibukai to defeating an emperor.
So we had a 2 year arc for Sanji, but in reality for the main purpose of watching Luffy grow via fighting Cracker and Katakuri. By that criteria of achievement as well, Dressrosa achieved waaaaaay more

Maybe Dressrosa, the G4 moment was memorable, probably the best power up for Luffy since ever, it was original, iconic, not the usual flashy thing. Doffy as a villain was good and among the best for sure. Zoro vs Puca was nice as well. This was the first arc to reveal some new good powerups and the only one with relevant fights for at least half the crew (at elast compared to the other post time skip arcs).

WCI on the other hand had Kata as the mvp: villain of the arc, the concept of FS and how beautifully he used it with his mochi df even if Doffy as a villain was most likely better. Everybody expected the terror of a yonko aka BM but Oda on the contrary made her become the biggest hindrance for the BM pirates in order to give the SH an excuse for a not so forced escape. Anyway no G4 here, just a snakeman which is not comparavle to the G4 intro (a bit like the g2 plus 3 used vs Moria compared to G2 and G3 used vs Lucci).

Story progession Dressrosa is relevant. Oda should've not made the crew separated doing half crew in each arc. Saving Zou by Chopper and the rest could be delayed if Oda played with timeline. It was better that the crew all fight in Dressrosa than Zou after that Wano.

Dressrosa also last arc Oda draw the Big Boss villain according to the hype given to them. Big Mom in WCI at least pass but after Tamabako Box exploded and keep screaming Wedding Cake it all failed all of sudden. Cant even catch or injured one of Luffy, Sanji, Jinbei, Pedro, Carrot and Nami. Her son able to do more to thsese group.

I would say Dressrosa but saying WCI didn't achieve anything is ridiculous, as during the arc Luffy was able to grow more and learn future sight as well as having him defeat two Yonko Commanders. You also have one of the road poneglyphs that they needed, Jinbe officially joining the crew, and characters like Luffy, Nami, and Sanji all receiving some sort of power up. The events of WCI also had Big Mom and some of her subordinates come to Wano, if WCI didn't happen before Wano then Big Mom and her crew wouldn't have come to Wano.

I'm on the belief that Oda is planning to have both Kaido and Big Mom be defeated during Wano, which is why Oda probably had WCI happen before Wano so that way the events of the WCI arc could have Big Mom come to the Wano arc. The only reason why some are saying that WCI didn't achieve anything is because of their dislike to the arc, I get not liking the arc but ignoring some of the stuff that the arc achieved is a bit dumb.

The Sanji plotline sidestepped the main storyline
In contrast to the interesting opinions I’ve seen others raise that Whole Cake Island gave us a chance to explore more of at least one Straw Hat’s character more, alongside Jinbe’s recruitment, not just expanding on Sanji’s past but also him dealing with any leftover baggage from Judge and how that affected his interaction with Luffy. It was a nice refresher in that respect considering how the three previous arcs had arguably focused more on Oden’s followers and the Grand Fleet in a way that I suppose made some people wonder how much dramatic character focus each of the Straw Hats would experience in the New World compared to the past.