General & Others Which character would have been the best teacher for Sanji ?

Which character would have been the best teacher for Sanji ?

• Garp (suppose that he’d b willing to train him because of Ace’s death)

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Sabo

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Jinbe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marco

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Chinjao

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
A lot of fans are disappointed with Sanji’s teacher and training. Sanji is not only a fighter but also a cook so it was the best possible training for him but had it been a 100% combat oriented training, which character would have been the best teacher for him ? I’ve selected some powerful brawlers that came to my mind.

Please, try to avoid starting power level debates about Zoro/Sanji, that’s not important.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
Garp is out because he fights with his fist and Chinjao uses his head, so he's also out. Ace and Sabo are too close to Sanji's age, and he probably wouldn't listen to them. Also it'd be weird to be on the same crew with your teacher, so Jinbei is out. Marco is the best match imo.

Last edited:
A lot of fans are disappointed with Sanji’s teacher and training
This is Oda's fault, not Sanji's teacher and training. Ivankov is a powerful individual (commander of the Grand Line for the Revolutionaries), was shown using kicks against Kuma and the whole physical training Sanji suffered plus the newkama recipes perfectly fit his style (the recipes are in fact combat oriented, they could be used to enhance the body). The problem is that Oda has made no proper use of such training and instead has given him a tech suit from a family introduced two arcs ago, so it is irrelevant who trained Sanji: the author would screw it up anyways.

I am one who believes that Sanji and Robin should have been BOTH SENT into the same island and BOTH trained under Revs Army... I wanna say Dragon... but Dragon is not gonna give them that much time LMAO he'll let his commanders do the teaching... and occasionally he may come to give some tips... same way how we saw Sabo training when he joined (starting with Hack... then Iva and Kuma... and Dragon slightly gives a test or tips)

So... I would have preferred if BOTH ended with Revs... and both have undergone supervision under same instructor with different things to learn:

1- Combat instructors: Sabo and Karasu (one on land.. other is sky combatant)

2- Knowledge/tech/inventions/science instructor: Lendberg (we know already that Sanji and Robin are well informed and read books)

3- Recipes for Sanji instructor: Ivankov

4- Some basic medic knowledge (to aid Chopper when he needs): Robin under Ivankov... we have seen her help Chopper during blood transfusion of Luffy-Jinbe... Plus she has multiple hands.. so a GREAT ASSISTANT for Chopper in need...

5- Meditation and psychology session instructor: Belo Petty

Robin and Sanji enter the new world: and they are a TRUE FORCE to be reckoned with! Great Duo LOL

Ivan was the best teacher for sanji. How many other strong guys are there that can also cook and teach a master chef? Ivan was strong enough for sanji to unlock and get massively stronger physically while also letting him grow as a chef. People forget sanji isn't a fighter first but a chef. The fact he got anyone who could help him at both is a blessing for him.

If it was solely about getting sanji as strong as possible then maybe garp or sengoku could have been best possible.

ivankov didn't teach him a thing sanji just ran and fought okama's to get recipes while zoro and luffy got trained by the wss and the vice captain of the late pirate king he should have be trained by someone good like scopper a revo commander, wb commander or even a former marine no have him fight transgenders for a gag

ivankov didn't teach him a thing sanji just ran and fought okama's to get recipes while zoro and luffy got trained by the wss and the vice captain of the late pirate king he should have be trained by someone good like scopper a revo commander, wb commander or even a former marine no have him fight transgenders for a gag
Those transgenders has STRONGER LEGS than your avarage man... it was stated because of those food recipe that they built stronger muscles...
that was the whole point... just because they looked weird.. doesn't mean they were trash... just saying

A lot of fans are disappointed with Sanji’s teacher and training. Sanji is not only a fighter but also a cook so it was the best possible training for him but had it been a 100% combat oriented training, which character would have been the best teacher for him ? I’ve selected some powerful brawlers that came to my mind.

Please, try to avoid starting power level debates about Zoro/Sanji, that’s not important.
  • Garp only uses fists so he is out
  • Chinjao only uses his head so he is out
  • Sabo so far only uses his fist/pipe so he is out
  • Jinbei so far only uses his fist so he is out
  • Marco is the best option. He can fly, has flames and uses kicks. These are techniques Sanji has. Marco would be the best teacher to train Sanji. There is also the added bonus that he has a lot of battle experience as he was with the WB pirates from the early days when there were only 5 divisions all the way to when WB died. He fought against marines, Pk crew, yonko etc.