Powers & Abilities Which mastery of Haki do you need to have black blade?

Which Haki?

• Coo

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Coa

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Coc

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
The best explanation right now is having the will/ambition of being the strongest swordsmen. Since there's no haki inside a perm black blade there's no relation in mastery your haki, it's simply applies there by default in your journey of becoming the greatest (so by default if you want to be great you'll need to apply Mihawk's application that he explained to Zoro). Once the blade accepts you AND sees your ambition being "achieved" it seems like it simply converts the users ambition and haki to a perm black blade grade.

There really isn't much of a power up of upping the grade of your sword other then making the quality of the blade more harder/sturdier. Every cursed/high graded sword already had it's unique perks prior to turning it black.

This explains why other top tiers with blades haven't witnessed a perm black blade. They simply do not have the ambition to be the greatest swordsmen.

CoA.
Mihawk doesn't seem teach Zoro anything related to CoC infusion as Zoro didn't even have idea when Kaido mentioned about Zoro using CoC.

In this flashback, it's all about CoA, and Mihawk mentioned "black blade" when teaching only about CoA, so I guess CoA is main focused to turn into black blade.

Would be cool if is CoA as a differential for Zoro as he would become one of the three only able to make such use of CoA

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything
adv coc level 10
Post automatically merged:

CoA.
Mihawk doesn't seem teach Zoro anything related to CoC infusion as Zoro didn't even have idea when Kaido mentioned about Zoro using CoC.

In this flashback, it's all about CoA, and Mihawk mentioned "black blade" when teaching only about CoA, so I guess CoA is main focused to turn into black blade.
he said haki not coa:seriously:

I think it's COA and Mihawk has the best COA in the verse even better than Garp :blush:
CoA mastery is a given for the pinnacle of Swordsmanship but CoC is not..

Just like Zoro skipped base CoA and went straight to his blade being infused in Haki in Alabasta..

Zoro will skip at some point CoC Coating and find a way to imbue CoC into his blades..