Character Discussion Which SN impressed you the most and which one disappointed you?

Since their introduction until now, which SN has proven to be a better character than you thought back in Sabaody and which one has disappointed or failed to meet your expectations?

Personally, Bege is the SN that has changed my opinion the most. At the beginning, Kid, Law, Hawkins or Drake seemed to me the most interesting and I didn't pay much attention to Bege. But after seeing his role in WCI, I realized that he is one of the best SN. He may not be the strongest, but he is one of the smartest. He also knows his limits and he doesn't brag about his power like others.

On the opposite side, the SN that has disappointed me the most (for now) is Kid. In Sabaody he became my favorite, mainly because of his DF, but as the plot progressed, Law and Bege took his place. His characterization doesn't help either, he thinks he's stronger than he is and, even so, so far he hasn't done anything to prove it. I still have hopes for him and I hope that after Wano my opinion has changed. Even so, I doubt he will be as cool as in his introduction.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Oh yeah, has to be Bege for biggest surprise. He always just seemed to be an afterthought of the Supernovas that no one really cared about, then became one of the few bright sparks in the last third of WCI.

Biggest disappointment is Kid. Saobody Kid was all set up to be a great opponent for Luffy. Now they’re fighting on the same side in Kid’s first real on-screen fight, having never done anything great before that. He’s also got to have the worst ego-to-accomplishment ratio in the entire series so far, guy is seriously deluded.

K

KAIDO D. STRONGER

Honestly killer pleased me more, he is really cool.

But all SN are managing to make kaido say that they are annoying.

Kid making kaido scream with an attack that is basically brute force, we have seen KAIDO throw himself from the sky 10,000 meters high, and not suffer damage or even scream, KID's attacks are irrelevant unless he has something behind it.
And yes it was a puncture in the script to make Kaido feel pain with the KID blow.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Killer, Apoo and Bege have been the most impressive (in roughly that order).

Kidd has been the least impressive. Zoro performed substantially better against Apoo than him, and even in the Kaido fight, it looks like Zoro will outperform. I can't say I expected Kidd to significantly outperform Zoro, but I went from thinking Kidd was on the same level as (and could probably beat) Santoryu Zoro last year to thinking that Santoryu Zoro is significantly stronger than him.

As others have said, his ego to accomplishments ratio is very bad. That said, it was a positive surprise to learn he has COC.

Since their introduction until now, which SN has proven to be a better character than you thought back in Sabaody and which one has disappointed or failed to meet your expectations?

Personally, Bege is the SN that has changed my opinion the most. At the beginning, Kid, Law, Hawkins or Drake seemed to me the most interesting and I didn't pay much attention to Bege. But after seeing his role in WCI, I realized that he is one of the best SN. He may not be the strongest, but he is one of the smartest. He also knows his limits and he doesn't brag about his power like others.

On the opposite side, the SN that has disappointed me the most (for now) is Kid. In Sabaody he became my favorite, mainly because of his DF, but as the plot progressed, Law and Bege took his place. His characterization doesn't help either, he thinks he's stronger than he is and, even so, so far he hasn't done anything to prove it. I still have hopes for him and I hope that after Wano my opinion has changed. Even so, I doubt he will be as cool as in his introduction.
Besides Zoro and Luffy obviously being most impressive, from the shock value perspective most impressive is Killer.

Ironically most disappointing is Kidd (or X Drake) I guess

Most Impressive: Killer (the sonic attack boosted him up so much for me)

Least Impressive: X-Drake what has this guy done except turn into a dinosaur? Hopefully he gets a chance against a Sweet Commander?

He’s also got to have the worst ego-to-accomplishment ratio in the entire series so far, guy is seriously deluded.
As others have said, his ego to accomplishments ratio is very bad. That said, it was a positive surprise to learn he has COC.
It's more accurate to say it his On Screen accomplishments seem small

Remember that there are probably dozens of Vet Level independent pirates in the New World. Him and X Drake were said to be the ones who "Headlined the newspapers the most these past two years" so I doubt that they just fucked around and Morgans reported it

Anyway On Topic

I remember back when most people speculated that Apoo Urouge and Bege were gonna "Die" in the Timeskip to show everyone how dangerous the New World is. Even when Oda reintroduced Apoo with a Bounty Higher than Hawkins people still said "it's only due to his bit mouth"

Bege in Particular was hated pretty badly by the fandom, mainly because his design wad the "least cool". I remember people legitimately thinking Cavendish would defeat him. If someone said he would tank a punch from a Yonko in 2012 they would be laughed at

He definitely surpassed the low expectations of the fandom

Killer, Apoo and Bege have been the most impressive (in roughly that order).

Kidd has been the least impressive. Zoro performed substantially better against Apoo than him, and even in the Kaido fight, it looks like Zoro will outperform. I can't say I expected Kidd to significantly outperform Zoro, but I went from thinking Kidd was on the same level as (and could probably beat) Santoryu Zoro last year to thinking that Santoryu Zoro is significantly stronger than him.

Kidd low diffed apoo and apoo only attacked again when he left. Go back and read it. Also apoo got up from Zoros attack. He is also gonna get up from drakes attack. He’s a tank.

But yeah Kidd low diffed apoo without using haki on his metal on his arm

https://i2.wp.com/otakuorbit.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/v3.png?fit=713,1024&ssl=1

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I have to say, my opinion of Killer has risen the most. I saw him as the least interesting and thrown together Supernova.

And the most impressive part about that is how economic Oda was with Killer's character arc. We have the essential details. Why Killer became Kamazou, why he has a SMILE fruit, the tragic fate for those who've ate one, his intellect and quick thinking, and the close bond between him and his crew. All in an arc with lots of moving details.

They all inform his character in subtle yet effective ways.

Hawkins disappointed me most. From seeing him, I expected great things from a Magician in One Piece.
Zoro/Killer impressed me most, I didn't expect Kaido/Big Mom to express fear/shock at Zoro so soon. And Killer is just killing it.
I seriously thought he was fodder, but now he's making better moves than his Captain.

But my favorite Supernova is Bege, because he carries himself with drip, finesse, and class.