Discussion Power Who are the current TOP TIERS of Black Clover?

As the title says, who are your top 10 strongest characters in terms of combat ability and magical prowess?

Here are mine, from strongest to weakest:
Dante, Julius, Zagred, Licht, Vanica, Lumiere, Zenon, Yami, Asta, Patry

It seems like a lot of you place some of Clover's captains quite high. Like higher than Loropechika even.
You guys really think that Mereoleona is stronger Zagred? @_@
I kinda wrote her off the top tier list when she almost lost to Vetto.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
@Seth ill drop mine here too I suppose-

Excluding the Devils, because Lucifero is the actual strongest character atm,

Lumiere/Licht
Dante/Zenon/Vanica/Julius
Mereoleona
Loropechika
The Witch Queen?

That would be my top ten.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I'm still confused about Loropechka. She doesn't seem like a fighter and flashbacks put more weight on Gadjah rather than Loropechka's power level.
It’s weird to compare people like Lolopechka to Yami as her strength is different. She is strong because she manipulates the magic of an entire Kingdom, while Yami is strong because of his intense fighting skill lol.

So weird to compare them but I feel like her level of power is above Yami’s.

(Though I guess she did lose against the Dark Triad while Yami won? Lol)

D

Dragomir

Sorry for my top 10 being co. placements but I think it is only fair if I do it this way.

My top 10 will not sit well with some people because I repped certain characters before to huge extent but after re-reading some chapters I have my own take.

1. Julius. He is like a God to me. The gap between him and the entire team of Squad Captains is just too fucking big. Dude was nerfed and almost killed to make Zagred relevant.
2. Lumiere/Licht. Lumiere and Licht were equals. Prime Lumiere took out argubly the strongest incarnation of Devil.
2. Dante ( I give him the benefit of the doubt because of Lucifero being the final Devil in the Qlipoth Tree ).
3. Zenon. Prodigy + wicked combo of Bone and Spatial magic.
4. Vanica and Mereoleona. Why Mereo:
I give her huge benefit of the doubt here ( talking about 275 spoilers ) look what she does to the "Demon God Licht" alike creature. + If her power works like I think it works I must say it's a sad day for Fuegoeleon fans because Mereoleona just caught up to him using Hellfire.
5. Zagred.
6. Fuegoleon. ( Captain level Fire Magic user with Salamander ).
7. Yami. Jack. Nozel. Dorothy.
8. Asta, Yuno, Langris and Luck.
9. Dorothy, Kaiser, Noelle.
10. Letoille, Klaus.

I might upgrade it later if I remember someone who I forgot to put here.
Fuego over Yami? How so? I also have a hard time placing Mero over Yami atm.

@bold you ranked Dorothy twice btw. Where are the rest of the Captains? Charlotte, Rill, and Vangeance?

D

Dragomir

Current Yami has better feats. He basically defeated Dante imo. Mereo had better feats and portrayal pre-skip but I don't think so anymore on the portrayal side as well. I'll wait until we see her scrap against the Triad first though.
Post automatically merged:

It’s weird to compare people like Lolopechka to Yami as her strength is different. She is strong because she manipulates the magic of an entire Kingdom, while Yami is strong because of his intense fighting skill lol.

So weird to compare them but I feel like her level of power is above Yami’s.

(Though I guess she did lose against the Dark Triad while Yami won? Lol)
Lolopechka and pretty much any combat-orientated magic-user aren't really comparable. Her magic is more utility based while Yami's is built for fighting. And I don't really see how her level of power is above his because as you said, she lost to Vanica was like a mid-diff, while Yami was completely overwhelming Dante. Only reason why the latter didn't die was due to the regen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
He basically defeated Dante imo.
While openly proclaiming that he would’ve stood no chance against Dante without having Asta to help him. He shouldn’t get sole credit for beating Dante under those circumstances.

Mereo had better feats and portrayal pre-skip but I don't think so anymore on the portrayal side as well.
Fun fact, Vetto (who faced Yami) openly stated that “Mereoleona is probably the strongest human in the Clover Kingdom.” [paraphrased]

I'll wait until we see her scrap against the Triad first though.
Imo current Yami is lucky if he as strong as pre-skip Mereo. Mereo completely demolished the Captain-level Rhya who should’ve been comparable in strength to Yami.

D

Dragomir

Lol didn't realize.

I said at the end I might forget so I will add later. Stop hating on me:josad::milaugh:

I give Fuego a huge benefit of the doubt here I know but if you think about it. ( without fanboying ). Larger mana pool. One of the strongest offensive elements. Spirit.
I don't think these points would make him stronger than Yami when by raw feats Yami is much more superior. I say Yami should be ranked above him for now until Fuego fights and we see his feats.
While openly proclaiming that he would’ve stood no chance against Dante without having Asta to help him. He shouldn’t get sole credit for beating Dante under those circumstances.
Sure, but he deserves the majority of the credit considering how Asta got bodied by Dante and Yami killed him at least 2 times if we ignore the regeneration.

Fun fact, Vetto (who faced Yami) openly stated that “Mereoleona is probably the strongest human in the Clover Kingdom.” [paraphrased]

Imo current Yami is lucky if he as strong as pre-skip Mereo. Mereo completely demolished the Captain-level Rhya who should’ve been comparable in strength to Yami.
Yeah, Mereo was undoubtedly the strongest Captain pre-skip I can agree with that. But Yami has shown feats that trump what she showed in pre-skip. Mereo's pre-skip feats and portrayal should not translate over to post-skip when Yami has looked much better so far. If you want to say that Mereo's new feats will make her >> Yami based on what you've seen from pre-skip then that's fair but I personally would rather wait.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
because Dark Magic is slow. Does that mean he has offensive spells without the katana but very slow?
His magic would be so slow to the point that it would be unviable. Not something I hold against him but still lol.

Sure, but he deserves the majority of the credit considering how Asta got bodied by Dante and Yami killed him at least 2 times if we ignore the regeneration.
Why ignore part of Dante’s strength set though? The fact is that Yami is correct, he wouldn’t have had a chance at defeating Dante without Asta’s anti-magic to help.

But Yami has shown feats that trump what she showed in pre-skip.
I heavily disagree. Post-timeskip Yami, has shown 1 new move. That’s it. Pre-timeskip Yami we seem to agree was a tier beneath Mereo, and developing one new move doesn’t bump him an entire tier up to be able to be above Mereoleona.

Yami is about 3rd Eye level pre-TS, give or take. Mereoleona is destructively above that.

Mereo's pre-skip feats and portrayal should not translate over to post-skip when Yami has looked much better so far.
But Mereo hasn’t shown anything yet lol. All she’s shown is one attack at the moment. It’s not fair to already say Yami is above her on top of all the stuff I mentioned above.

If you want to say that Mereo's new feats will make her >> Yami based on what you've seen from pre-skip then that's fair but I personally would rather wait.
They will, but I won’t say that for now lol. We’ll see I guess.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
@Admiral Lee Hung @Dragomir
I will wait for officials scans but some dudes translated and it states that it looks like Mereoleona became one with mana itself.

Hellfire mode elevates her to another fucking level above the rest of the Captains sorry.
Lol, wtf? @Admiral Lee Hung nevermind what I said about Yami > Mereo lmao.
This is what happens when you spend 100% of your time bathing in the mana of nature and increasing your connection to the world around you.

@Seth i once said that I didn’t think any Black Clover characters were underrated due to their power level, but I think Mereoleona is underrated for how awesome she is. She really probably is the best female character I know of in this style of manga.

D

Dragomir

This is what happens when you spend 100% of your time bathing in the mana of nature and increasing your connection to the world around you.

@Seth i once said that I didn’t think any Black Clover characters are underrated because of their power level, but I think Mereoleona is underrated for how awesome she is. She really probably is the best female character I know of in this style of manga.
How would you compare her to the OP-verse? I think she's comparable to Primebeard and Roger.

D

Dragomir

Yeah, I agree. I underestimated her a little too. But I reread some chapters from the Elf Reincarnation arc up to the latest chapter + spoilers and I totally changed my mind.

She is freaking awesome.

God bless Tabata. I always complain that there are no strong women in Shonen.

Tabata: There you go mate: Mereoleona✔️ Vanica✔️Noelle✔️Acier✔️Charlotte✔️
Post automatically merged:

With the mode from 276?
Agreed. Never thought much of Mereo before. But she feels like a Big Mom done right.

Yeah.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Agreed. Never thought much of Mereo before. But she feels like a Big Mom done right.

Yeah.
She is too fast for anyone in the OP verse I think. When it comes to Hellfire capabilities. I think the combination she does in the spoilers is a far more impressive feat than almost everything we saw in the series. + as Admiral said. Hax and shit.

I think Mereoleona would easily beat Big Mom and Kaido. Dunno about Prime Roger and Whitebeard @Admiral Lee Hung

They are such a top spectrum for me.
Tabata is putting on a clinic on how to write great female characters imo. Most other Mangaka royally fuck this shit up for one reason or another but Mereoleona is really something else and always has been.

The problem with primebeard and Roger, is that they are in the same General realm of power as the OP top tiers who are basically like Black Clover high tiers. Mereoleona is just straight up above that level of power.

Tabata is putting on a clinic on how to write great female characters imo. Most other Mangaka royally fuck this shit up for one reason or another but Mereoleona is really something else and always has been.

The problem with primebeard and Roger, is that they are in the same General realm of power as the OP top tiers who are basically like Black Clover high tiers. Mereoleona is just straight up above that level of power.
Bruh her final move against that demon could probably demolish several OP top tiers at once! She is leaguesss above OP top tiers