General & Others Who do like more in OP?....Marines or Pirates??

Who do you like more in One Piece world??

• Total voters
S

Shura

The question is as straightforward as it sounds.....

who do you like more?...in one piece world

The marines.....so called justice warriors
The pirates.....so called criminals of the sea

I like pirates becuase

1) They don't have rules and they are freest warriors in the sea
2) They are not hypocrites likes Marines

And more importantly yonkos and SH pirates saved more islands from many threats and villains than the so called "justice warriors" did....

feel free to share your opinion

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Pirates, and it’s not particularly close. I’ll acknowledge that the Marines have a lot of cool DF users, and I like individual members of the force, but they represent the first and most frequently recurring line of defense for the vile, corrupt World Government...most of the pirates we’ve seen in the story have complex backstories and motives for their actions, we get a wider variety of character designs/more intriguing DF powers, and most importantly, we see them having fun as they traverse the seas as free men and women. In terms of what they represent, gotta go with the buccaneers here...s.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Well, there are way more Pirate characters than there are Marines. On average, I like the Marines more. I also enjoy their place in the story as foils for the Pirates. Reason being, there's more room for interesting interactions and storylines within the Marines as loyalties are tested, and ones own morality gets put to the test as ideals clash. The endless struggle within the Marines being attack dogs for the corrupt establishment and protectors of the people has so much potential. One that gets spotlight here and there, but I know it's gonna lead to stellar moments later down the line.

SWORD is probably the most exciting new element introduced, imo, because it shows that atleast a faction of the Marines are acting out on their own, divorced from the WG, which will almost certainly blow up into something bigger.

The question is as straightforward as it sounds.....

who do you like more?...in one piece world

The marines.....so called justice warriors
The pirates.....so called criminals of the sea

I like pirates becuase

1) They don't have rules and they are freest warriors in the sea
2) They are not hypocrites likes Marines

And more importantly yonkos and SH pirates saved more islands from many threats and villains than the so called "justice warriors" did....

feel free to share your opinion
Wooow how is Marines even winning in a Pirate series 😂

WB, Shanks, Kaido, Marco, Ace, SHs, Mihawk, BB, Crocodile, Katakuri, Law, Kidd, Doflamingo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>≥> Akainu, Aokiji, Garp, Sengoku, Smoker, Coby & Tashigi

i like pirates more because the marines uniform is boring and...uniform. Pirates has various clothes and creative designs while marines stick to that boring fashion.

The pirates is the biggest and the most diverse group introduсed in the manga, thus it's difficult to rival them. But if we compared organizations and crews I'd choose Marines.

Pirates because of Mihawk and Zoro. They embody what I wanted to see in a fictional character. Each of them doing in an original unique way.

Then Marines come close thanks to the mightiness of the admirals, their unopposed force and Akainu's absolute justice.

W

wordyworm

Pirates are more creative, more resourceful, braver, more fashionable, more inclusive, and better at self-policing their own.
I like some Marines, but as a whole I just can't bring myself to root for The Man.

I like marines as characters more.
But I agree with pirate philosophy, if u're top tier why bend a knee to celestial dragons?

I think hatred of pirates/Chaos is what makes admirals obey WG.

Mixed.

Every side and every character has its own pros and cons. however, the Marine/Pirate sides have extremists who would go too far to create order/havoc.
These wicked characters with their twisted ideologies are prime example of what Doflamingo said ( the man who was considered to be manipulating both factions ). they are set to be prime antagonists in the future and their will power doing their immoral acts are what makes them special. that's why i can't prefer only one group, i like both navies and pirates.

S

Shura

Mixed.

Every side and every character has its own pros and cons. however, the Marine/Pirate sides have extremists who would go too far to create order/havoc.
These wicked characters with their twisted ideologies are prime example of what Doflamingo said ( the man who was considered to be manipulating both factions ). they are set to be prime antagonists in the future and their will power doing their immoral acts are what makes them special. that's why i can't prefer only one group, i like both navies and pirates.
Nah

Marines are the biggest hypocrites in one piece....pirates are true to what they are....

Nah

Marines are the biggest hypocrites in one piece....pirates are true to what they are....
Hypocrisy doesn't really ruin antagonist groups unless you don't consider the Marine to be one, The organization itself is based on hypocritical principles indeed since they are obligated to serve the World Government and the World Nobles BUT that definitely doesn't render all of them unlikable since some of them are against the World Government's actions and Fleet Admirals / Admirals whom represent the Marine in general were even disgusted by the WG's acts. and you have righteous individuals like Aokiji and Issho who are strongly against the Marines' dogma of "Absolute Justice" and are extremely vocal in their opposition of it despite it not being the root of the problem.

It's a usual theme that the Marine work their best until the World Government fucks shit up. trying to weaken Kaido / Orochi meanwhile CP0 support them behind the scenes with warships, and you can see how the navy's higher ups have mutual disdain to the WG. Issho especially, intentionally blinded himself from the corruption in the world, purposely humiliated the WG by bowing to King Riku and managed to raise the voice of the 170 countries to abolish the corrupt warlord system. Sengoku called out their bullshit when they tried to cover up the Impel Down breakout incident and tried to appoint Aokiji instead of their own choice ( Akainu ), Garp refused promotions just to not work directly under the World Nobles, then you have other individuals inside the marines who are also working behind their own agenda like SWORD whose captain was shocked to see CP0 at Wano dealing with Orochi. even extremists like Akainu called CP0 lapdogs.

They are definitely not bland enough to get along with everything the WG does, it's just the storyline that forces them to undergo with what the WG's doing until EoS, when a minority of their extremists would be antagonists.

Pirates obviously. Marines in one piece are just the WG dogs and are also for some of them a bunch of gangsters, criminals worse than the wicked pirates.
Just look at ohara, or even the fact that they searched for ace when he was supposed to be a baby to kill him just because his father was the pirate king.