The usual suspects I have in my mind are

Monkey D. Luffy
Trafalgar D. Watel Law
Akagami no Shanks
Marshal D. Teach
Portuguas D. Ace
Nefertari Vivi
Buggy (not trolling)

from the way Oden narrates, Luffy fits the bill, however, I am still not so sure that Oda makes it so obvious.....however he was not gender specific..

IMO, Ace was JoyBoy and Luffy inherited his will.....but many of you may have different opinions and hence, I listed out most of the "D" clan members who has the highest possibility of being a JoyBoy with an exception of Shanks and Vivi

Shanks is an exception because of the striking resemblance of shadow when Shirahoshi mom talking about Joyboy

And Vivi is the only one who fits the bill, if JoyBoy is female....

Anways, share your opinions and elaborate theories (if you have).....

PS: Flame baiting/Power scaling discussion is not allowed....

Last edited by a moderator:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
These are all really good suggestions for who it could be, and your logic is sound for each one. I believe we’re already thinking about it more than Oda has, and while he’s certainly tricked us before, Luffy as the reincarnation of Joyboy has been set up since at least Fishman Island and was practically confirmed in this chapter/flashback. Until further notice, the correct answer is likely the easiest one.

Imagine thinking Luffy is not the reincarnation of Joyboy after hearing WB speech at Marineford and how highly all the high-tiers spoke of him and acknowledged him:bamathink:.

cmon Fishman Island basically sealed the deal for me

Luffy always shines its inevitable especially after Wano OMG if you hate Luffy now you better stop reading OP because it’s too obvious Oda might shock us but I feel that Luffy needs a tie to the void century and Joyboy and Luffy have a close relationship with fishman island

Are you saying this to me??.....I hate Luffy?.....:suresure::suresure:

btb where are your gif posts??....badly missing in chapter and spoilers section
Nah I’m just directing at the Luffy haters I know your a Luffy fan real recognise real only OG’s recognise the future King of the Pirates :cheers:

been busy lately hardly get any data plus I’m waiting for the FB to end and see everyone in action

Bogard

You can't win
Obviously Luffy. We can see this from Joyboy's ability

We know that while Joyboy had no ability to control neptunians, he had the ability to guide the mermaid living at the time to control those neptunians, with him despite dying at the time, making sure to leave a message that his successor will eventually come to fulfil that promise with the Ship of promise known as Noah.

And similarly, while Luffy can't directly control the neptunians, he already showed a similar ability when he unconsciously guided the current mermaid to control the seakings

With that said, it's not impossible that Ace may have been one before his will passed through Luffy

It's implied Joyboy had many successors passing his will over the 800 years, except they died before being able to fulfil his wish. I believe Roger was a previous successor of Joyboy himself, except he was borned before Poseidon's came to life, with his sickness not allowing him to fulfil that wish

And Roger hinted at him wanting his son(Ace) to inherit that will, with Whitebeard who knew the history of the Ds wanting for Ace to become pirate king and even after he died, he said someone will inherit Ace's will despite his death, not making it impossible then that the will of Joyboy passed from Ace to Luffy in his dying moments

But among all Joyboy's reincarnations, Roger was the first one to discover the final island, but not managing to fulfil Joyboy's promise due to illness, with Luffy ultimately being the one who will accomplish that promise

Obviously Luffy. We can see this from Joyboy's ability

We know that while Joyboy had no ability to control neptunians, he had the ability to guide the mermaid living at the time to control those neptunians, with him despite dying at the time, making sure to leave a message that his successor will eventually come to fulfil that promise with the Ship of promise known as Noah.

And similarly, while Luffy can't directly control the neptunians, he already showed a similar ability when he unconsciously guided the current mermaid to control the seakings

With that said, it's not impossible that Ace may have been one before his will passed through Luffy

It's implied Joyboy had many successors passing his will over the 800 years, except they died before being able to fulfil his wish. I believe Roger was a previous successor of Joyboy himself, except he was borned before Poseidon's came to life, with his sickness not allowing him to fulfil that wish

And Roger hinted at him wanting his son(Ace) to inherit that will, with Whitebeard who knew the history of the Ds wanting for Ace to become pirate king and even after he died, he said someone will inherit Ace's will despite his death, not making it impossible then that the will of Joyboy passed from Ace to Luffy in his dying moments

But among all Joyboy's reincarnations, Roger was the first one to discover the final island, but not managing to fulfil Joyboy's promise due to illness, with Luffy ultimately being the one who will accomplish that promise
Luffy was always Joyboy, proven by him having the ability to turn foes into allows wherever he goes.

Mihawk calls it the most dangerous ability on the sea. This is a kingly ability that, only Joyboy could have.

Luffy Haki Speciality being, Conquerors Haki.

Check chapters 626 647, &649. Luffy being Joyboy was confirmed in that chapter.

Last edited:
S

Shura

why is ace an option lmfao?
This is what I was thinking when I put Ace in the option:

Because Ace was the son of Roger....however, he was killed mid way before and even WB said Ace inherited Rogers will and even though BB is the reason Ace was killed he said "will of D always lives on and how Ace inherited Rogers will..someone will inherit Ace will"....along those lines....

anyway going by the current trend Luffy is the obvious choice, but who knows.....