Theory Who is Oden (1007)

This is a realization I had when I was discussing 1007's cliffhanger with a friend, so half of the credit goes to him.

Who was the Oden who appeared at the end of 1007? The answer is simple, it's Kozuki Oden or at least a younger version of him.

The reason is also simple... Time travel is a bitch! And Oda took full advantage of it to hide the answer in plain sight and if this is true then he's a very clever SOB.

In this panel Toki says it's impossible for people to travel to the past but the future is very possible. Like most people I took this at face value. One piece time travel only goes forwards not backwards BUT that's not what's been said here. Perhaps people other than the user of the fruit can't go to the past.

Think of it like this, if Toki had died or was dying what would happen to the toki-toki no mi? Will it reincarnate in the current timeline where the user had died or will it travel back in time to its original timeline? What about the user itself? Will her body remain at the place where she had died or will her body return back to which it came?

I believe when Toki was loosing consciousness and dying, she was sent back to the past by her fruit as a corrective measure taken by the fruit but when she reached a certain point she regained consciousness. As she jumped forward in time she left "time stamps" if you will and when she was going back to her time line 800 years ago it followed the same leap patterns she took going forward and she woke up at a time Oden was younger.

Oden knew the exact time to send Momonosuke and the retainers, and we had all believed it had something to do with what he learnt at Laugh Tale. The reason I believe he knew was because Toki had sent him to the future when she was on the verge of dying only for the effect to reverse when she reached her final time line.

This page here never made sense to me when I first saw it. Oden is talking about a 20 year old dream where the timeline in which he said this was 25 years in the past. I believe the Oden of this time line had gone to the future and fought with his scabbards against kaido's forces. Met Luffy and the others and succeeded in opening Wano's Borders but when he was sent back to his original time line, it felt like a dream to him. Which is why he's surprised to see the scabbards older and why he said he "missed" them.

This also explains why Oden had been the one to tell Toki to use her powers as she had used them on him before.

This is a realization I had when I was discussing 1007's cliffhanger with a friend, so half of the credit goes to him.

Who was the Oden who appeared at the end of 1007? The answer is simple, it's Kozuki Oden or at least a younger version of him.

The reason is also simple... Time travel is a bitch! And Oda took full advantage of it to hide the answer in plain sight and if this is true then he's a very clever SOB.

In this panel Toki says it's impossible for people to travel to the past but the future is very possible. Like most people I took this at face value. One piece time travel only goes forwards not backwards BUT that's not what's been said here. Perhaps people other than the user of the fruit can't go to the past.

Think of it like this, if Toki had died or was dying what would happen to the toki-toki no mi? Will it reincarnate in the current timeline where the user had died or will it travel back in time to its original timeline? What about the user itself? Will her body remain at the place where she had died or will her body return back to which it came?

I believe when Toki was loosing consciousness and dying, she was sent back to the past by her fruit as a corrective measure taken by the fruit but when she reached a certain point she regained consciousness. As she jumped forward in time she left "time stamps" if you will and when she was going back to her time line 800 years ago it followed the same leap patterns she took going forward and she woke up at a time Oden was younger.

Oden knew the exact time to send Momonosuke and the retainers, and we had all believed it had something to do with what he learnt at Laugh Tale. The reason I believe he knew was because Toki had sent him to the future when she was on the verge of dying only for the effect to reverse when she reached her final time line.

This page here never made sense to me when I first saw it. Oden is talking about a 20 year old dream where the timeline in which he said this was 25 years in the past. I believe the Oden of this time line had gone to the future and fought with his scabbards against kaido's forces. Met Luffy and the others and succeeded in opening Wano's Borders but when he was sent back to his original time line, it felt like a dream to him. Which is why he's surprised to see the scabbards older and why he said he "missed" them.

This also explains why Oden had been the one to tell Toki to use her powers as she had used them on him before.
You had me in some moments but you also lost me on the others. Maybe you're close to something but the presentation wasn't the best.

You had me in some moments but you also lost me on the others. Maybe you're close to something but the presentation wasn't the best.
Had to get this out of my head before I went crazy.
Post automatically merged:

Toki dying and her traveling back is just one possibility. I didn't want to jump into the awakening train. But main point is, this is Oden from the past who was able to see and participate in the future battle and went back to his original time line after.

Had to get this out of my head before I went crazy.
Post automatically merged:

Toki dying and her traveling back is just one possibility. I didn't want to jump into the awakening train. But main point is, this is Oden from the past who was able to see and participate in the future battle and went back to his original time line after.
Listen, If Oden is back to fight against Kaido then there's no reason for him to go back. Why would he, right? If Oda went as far as to bring Oden back then neretevly it makes more sense for him to stay, like for example:

1. Oden would become the shogun of Wano while Momonoske can take his time traveling with Luffy and going to Rafael just like his father.
2. Oden Would tell us the origin of ponegliphs and teach Momo their family knowledge about the ponegliphs.
3. Oden can give Zoro some haki lessons just Like Hyo did for Luffy. Oden also can help Zoro to master Enma faster.
4. Oden would become a leading force and an important character in the final war against the WG.
5. Oden would adapt Yamato as his daughter since she's such a fangirl of him.
6. And finally Oden would take care of one the Emperors while the SP focus on the other.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Listen, If Oden is back to fight against Kaido then there's no reason for him to go back. Why would he, right? If Oda went as far as to bring Oden back then neretevly it makes more sense for him to stay, like for example:

1. Oden would become the shogun of Wano while Momonoske can take his time traveling with Luffy and going to Rafael just like his father.
2. Oden Would tell us the origin of ponegliphs and teach Momo their family knowledge about the ponegliphs.
3. Oden can give Zoro some haki lessons just Like Hyo did for Luffy. Oden also can help Zoro to master Enma faster.
4. Oden would become a leading force and an important character in the final war against the WG.
5. Oden would adapt Yamato as his daughter since she's such a fangirl of him.
6. And finally Oden would take care of one the Emperors while the SP focus on the other.
Good dumb guys in fiction tend to have a different thought process though, they mostly prefer saying I don't belong to this time and go back to their original time.