Future Events Who is the 1 % character that is going to die? A big death is coming.

Who is the 1% character that is going to die by the end of the day?

• Luffy

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Zoro

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Kid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Law

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Killer

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • X-Drake

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Apoo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kaido

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Big Meme

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • He was talking about himself

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Nobody from the alliance will die

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters
Hawkins predicted that the chance of a certain man surviving up to the next day is 1%. And we know how accurate Hawkins is with his predictions. That simply means that the person Hawkins is talking about is certainly going to die. Also, that person is probably going to be the great death and tragedy of this big war, similar to Ace in Marineford.
If you think that nobody from the alliance is going to die then you are dreaming. I don't want to hear Marco because Hawkins didn't know Marco was on his way to the Onigashima. The scabbard's death is also irrelevant because they are not important and Hawkins doesn't care about them.

A big death is coming and my money is on Killer. I think Big Mom will kill him using Napoleon.

Hawkins has always been interested in Luffy's survival rate. Mentioned in Marineford(?) that Luffy's survival never reached 0%.

Luffy is also the leader of the alliance so odds are Hawkins would look him up rather than someone like Zoro or Killer.

Kid and Law have a slight chance I guess.

It was drake and if it wasn’t him then either zoro or Marco.
- It wasn't Drake. Hawkins is a very cold character, and he goes straight up to the point. If it was Drake, he would've told him to his face "Drake you will die by the end of the day" or "you only have 1 percent chance of survival''. That's why it's not Drake.
- You clearly haven't read what I wrote bro, Hawkins wasn't aware of Marco's arrival by the time he made that prediction. I think Marco didn't even appear by that time.
- Zoro will not die until he achieves his dream.
Post automatically merged:

You know that everyone will survive and it will be a miracle...
That would make the new world look really bad.
The Straw hats survived Enies Lobby miraculously. Surviving Wano miraculously again won't be something new.
A major death needs to happen in this war to be more impactful.

Last edited:
I would literally believe it was anyone else if Drake didn't go, "oh sucks to be that guy."
But you know how Hawkins is, he would've told him straight to his face that he has a 1 percent chance of surviving.
That's why it's not Drake. Also, why would Oda kill a marine guy in the middle of pirates? What impact would it leave?

1% is as good as 120% in OP. Actually I would not believe it even if the chance to survive was -5%.
This is Marineford all over again. Do you think no major character will die in this massive war?

- It wasn't Drake. Hawkins is a very cold character, and he goes straight up to the point. If it was Drake, he would've told him to his face "Drake you will die by the end of the day" or "you only have 1 percent chance of survival''. That's why it's not Drake.
- You clearly haven't read what I wrote bro, Hawkins wasn't aware of Marco's arrival by the time he made that prediction. I think Marco didn't even appear by that time.
- Zoro will not die until he achieves his dream.

That would make the new world look really bad.
The Straw hats survived Enies Lobby miraculously. Surviving Wano miraculously again won't be something new.
A major death needs to happen in this war to be more impactful.
The one percent person won’t die but someone else will.

Here was my analysis of the deal with the 1% prediction:

PREMISE: This is what Hawkins announced
Looking at Wano arc, Hawkins had relevant interactions with the following characters:
- Luffy
- Kidd
- Law
- Zoro
- Drake

Luffy: Hawkins met Luffy (together with Zoro) and said that the two of 'em had a 19% chance to be alive in a month from that moment.
And let's remember that Hawkins showed interest in Luffy's survival percentage back in MF too, making a comment about it.

Kidd: They were allied, until Kaido fell on their heads and everything went the fuck out of the window. They never met here in Wano, however Hawkins aknowlodged Kidd for being different from him and specified that he thinks Kidd will die.

Law: I'm not even explaining this. Law is the SNs Hawkins was more focused on in Wano.

Zoro: He had the same meeting as Luffy at the start of Wano.
Plus, he's in an extremely dangerous condition now.

Drake: This case is similar to Law's, full of interactions between the 2 during this arc. But this really depends on the exact translation of what Hawkins said. Is it "a man"? Meaning that Drake didn't knew who Hawkins was referring to? Or did he say "that man"? In which case Drake knew who Hawkins was talking about. The former scenario would point at Drake being the 1% man, seen what happened right after that:
While the latter scenario would automatically exclude Drake from the list.[/SPOILER]

But you know how Hawkins is, he would've told him straight to his face that he has a 1 percent chance of surviving.
That's why it's not Drake. Also, why would Oda kill a marine guy in the middle of pirates? What impact would it leave?
Hawkins has no obligation to tell Drake though. He probably only mentioned it to Luffy because he was also giving a join or die speech.

Which is the thing that works against people assuming it's Luffy: what's the point of even checking the odds if they fluctuate whenever you check them?

The assumption that it's anyone massively important to the larger story assumes the scene was also more significant than it might really be. We really won't know until we see his next steps: obviously if it's Kaido he'll betray him.

Personally I'm just sold on the dramatic irony for now.