Questions & Mysteries Why did none of the minor nations (besides the Land of Iron) help out in the 4th War?

One thing that always bugged me was that it was only the 5 Great Nations + the samurai who fought the Akatsuki, instead of it being the entire ninja world vs the Akatsuki. Obviously the minor nations would also want to prevent the Infinite Tsukuyomi from happening. Were they so irrelevant that the Kage didn’t even bother to reach out to them? Surely all minor nations combined could at least have as much military might as one of the 5 Great Nations?

Obviously the out of universe explanation is that Kishimoto either forgot about them or just didn’t want to create some powerful shinobi from those villages, but I wonder if there’s any valid in-universe explanation

They were all too worried about homeland security, can’t have zetsu or bully nations turn them into the Hidden Rain while the braves are away

I guess Land of Iron is where Five kage Summit took place and they are some sort of head of it IG. I Could be totally wrong. I don't even remember Naruto properly. Its been years since I have read it.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Tbh, the minor nations weren't invited into the alliance. The 5 hidden villages teamed up because they're the strongest and the Land of Iron got lumped in because they hosted the event. They outright ordered the evacuation of Yugakure and Shimogakure (the two border nations between Land of Fire and Land of Cloud).

It sort of speaks to Pein's point about the major nations doing as they pleased with the minor nations, in a hilariously—short—sighted way because Kishi didn't consider adding them to the war.

If you want an In-Universe reason, they probably had sent some shinobi but didn't have enough shinobi to become major factions.