Character Discussion Why did Oda made Sanji say these?

Why did oda made sanji say: " if im getting stronger i wont do it by relying on raid suit and science"
when his PU was going to be with both of these things
Or
Why he had sanji say "he'd use raid suit if that means he is protecting lives and will swallow his pride for this."
But then again we see him not use it vs Queen no matter what happens.
Does oda like to just troll sanji ?

Why did oda made sanji say: " if im getting stronger i wont do it by relying on raid suit and science"
when his PU was going to be with both of these things
Or
Why he had sanji say "he'd use raid suit if that means he is protecting lives and will swallow his pride for this."
But then again we see him not use it vs Queen no matter what happens.
Does oda like to just troll sanji ?
It's not trolling but building a nuanced character. Whether you like this route or not (I personally don't), proper characters are contradictory, face inner conflict and many times make no sense (within their own thoughts and experiences, not from outside). Oda is just doing what he's supposed to do, which is writing.

He didn't want to get stronger by relying on science because that reminds him of his biological family who he despises, he then swallows his pride because it would be good to hide his identity in that moment and now he refuses because that's exactly what Queen wants and he's experiencing an existential dilemma on his Vinsmoke name.

Simple as that.

Oda dropped the ball a tad. With the RS, not really with the exoskeleton.

You have to remember that Oda does not plan absolutely everything out in advance. When Oda had Sanji say that, he almost certainly had in mind that Sanji would have to swallow his pride at some point and wear the RS.

He probably also had in mind that he’d unlock the exoskeleton against Queen.

But that’s just a broad outline, the more in-depth developments had yet to come. He might not have planned for Sanji vs Page One at that stage, for example.

So the decision for Sanji to first use the RS, it didn’t really land and seems quite contradictory towards what he said there, because the situation really didn’t seem all that desperate. It just sort of come off as Sanji putting the RS on at the first opportunity he could get.

So this idea, that Sanji would have to swallow his pride- it is there, it’s just quite rushed and not really well developed. When Sanji said there that he’d never wear the RS- everyone knew that he would. No point giving him the RS otherwise. But I think most expected to come in some sort of last-gasp, desperate situation, which it… really wasn’t.

The exoskeleton doesn’t have that problem because unlike the RS, it’s not voluntary. Sanji has no choice in the matter here.

I don’t like the Germa powerups for him, but one thing I will say is that the groundwork for Sanji getting it is certainly all there. Nothing is an asspull. It’s just the first decision to wear the RS that came too quickly.

He doesn't care much about him.
IDK why even he made Sanji making an excuse of not liking it, now which is a much more dangerous situation but was fine when fighting against P1 just to hide his identity. :whitepress:
It will now feel like he got the excuse that oh, I did not want to take this power...I just don't have a choice. This is just bad for me. Just say thanks dad and move on already oda/sanji, I don't like the whole germa/RS/lineage factor BS anyway, its main purpose just seems to be giving Sanji a PU.