General & Others Why didn't Rayleigh teach advanced COA to Luffy?

Now I understand for FS as it blooms during fights it couldn't have bloom in simple beast training or obstacle avoiding etc

But Adv.CoA literally needed just risky situations and training in Udon...
He could have definitely try to learn it in Rukushaina Island and try it against Hody...

Do you imagine if he had Adv.CoA during the fight against Doffy ? Against Katakuri.
Make me think that Oda thought about it later

Both fs & Adv CoA require lots of training. Luffy was training to get those abilities since before timeskip, it was not enough. Luffy needed go through risky experiences & fight strong opponents to make his Haki bloom.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I think because Oda wanted it as development on panel for us to see and to write a story around it to make it plausible for a rookie to even come close to Admirals.
FS and aCoA could have been both taught by Rayleigh, for FS he could have given him a serious beating day after day until he starts seeing future, aCoA could have been obtained during TS as well but then Oda would be in trouble as to where to go from there and how to deal with Luffy's fights and the challenge the opponents would represent when going against FS and aCoA(they would be too easy)...

The reason was already mentioned in the manga. It'd take long for even someone as talented as Luffy to learn the basics of haki in 2years

Luffy learned all 3 basic haki in 1 year and 6 months. Rayleigh left 1 year and 6 months into Luffy's training.

He was even using Gear 4 before Rayleigh left.
Post automatically merged:

Only reason is he could teach him the basics but he had to make experience by himself
Nope, Oda messed up and now he does not know what to do.

Last edited: