General & Others Why didn't Yasopp visit his son?

I'm sure we'll find out eventually, but I have a feeling it's because Yasopp didn't want Usopp to follow in his footsteps because he saw how much of a coward he was when he was younger, and didn't want him to get inspired to head out to sea and get himself killed. Probably figured if he never went back, Usopp would stay in the village, but didn't count on his son meeting Luffy and being pulled into the Pirate life.

I'm sure we'll find out eventually, but I have a feeling it's because Yasopp didn't want Usopp to follow in his footsteps because he saw how much of a coward he was when he was younger, and didn't want him to get inspired to head out to sea and get himself killed. Probably figured if he never went back, Usopp would stay in the village, but didn't count on his son meeting Luffy and being pulled into the Pirate life.
A more thoughtful answer. Usopp and Banchina didn’t seem to hold it against him, so I won’t either. Other people can be ready to condemn him all they want, but I’m honestly interested to see what he has to say once he and Usopp meet up again, and eventually confronts the fact that he wasn’t there for him in a way many would interpret as purposeful abandonment. I sense quite a bit of angst and perhaps some self-deprication about him seeing himself as a useless dad and leaves an opportunity there for potential character development whenever it would come around to that.

Thats why having Shanks crew appearing more in the manga will be way more interesting than the crew of Big Mom and Kaido.
Blackbeard and Shanks arc >>>>>> Big Mom and Kaido arc.
By the way in a filler episode in Rogue Town we can see that Yasopp is not proud to having abandoned his son.