Current Events Why do You Think Zoro Will Defeat King?

What are the main reasons you believe that Zoro will defeat King? (Select TWO)

• King is Kaido's strongest subordinate

• King is a formidable swordsman

• Zoro should get a 1 vs 1 fight in Wano

• King/Queen seem like the perfect match for Zoro/Sanji

• No one else is strong enough/otherwise suited to defeat King

• Zoro is too weak to be fighting Kaido

• Something else (reply in thread)

• I don't think Zoro will defeat King

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cinera

๐€๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Œ๐š๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ง๐ง๐ฒ ๐๐ž๐ญ
โ€Ž
I'll write a proper thread on why I think Zoro wouldn't face King sometime later, but I'm curious what reasons people have for endorsing Zoro vs King.

As far as I'm aware, the main reasons to endorse Zoro vs King are:
  • Meta
    • Zoro has always faced the strongest subordinate(s) of the arc antagonist:
      • Cabaji
      • Nyaban Brothers
      • Hatchan
      • Daz Bones
      • Ohm
      • Kaku
      • Ryuma
      • Hyouzou
      • Monet
      • Pica
    • Zoro has faced all formidable swordsmen opponents:
      • Cabaji
      • Mihawk
      • Hatchan
      • Ohm
      • Captain T-Bone
      • Kaku
      • Ryuma
      • Hyouzou
    • There is no precedent for non-Zoro Strawhats defeating King
      • A non-Zoro Strawhat defeating the arc antagonist's strongest subordinate is unprecedented
      • A non-Zoro Strawhat defeating a formidable swordsman opponent is unprecedented
    • King and Queen seem to fit the bill for Sanji and Zoro opponents
      • Both share a rivalry like other pairs of Zoro/Sanji opponents
        • Mr. 2 and Mr. 1
        • Jabra and Kaku
      • King is serious while Queen is goofy like other pairs of Zoro/Sanji opponents
        • Mr. 2 and Mr. 1
        • Jabra and Kaku
  • Expectations
    • You think that all the Strawhats should get proper 1 vs 1s in Wano
      • Luffy will get a 1 vs 1 against Kaido
      • Zoro will get a 1 vs 1 against King
        • King is a swordsman and Zoro should get a 1 vs 1 with a powerful swordsman
  • Power scaling
    • You think that no one else is strong enough to face King
      • You believe that Marco will be defeated or that it's not his place to beat King
    • You think that Zoro is too weak to contribute much to the Kaido fight
      • You expect Zoro to leave the Rooftop eventually
      • You think Zoro needs to gain mastery of Enma/become stronger in a fight with King
    • You expect the Supernova to be defeated
      • You expect Zoro to face King when the battles restart

Suggestions welcome.

I'll write a proper thread on why I think Zoro wouldn't face King sometime later, but I'm curious what reasons people have for endorsing Zoro vs King.

As far as I'm aware, the main reasons to endorse Zoro vs King are:
  • Meta
    • Zoro has always faced the strongest subordinate(s) of the arc antagonist:
      • Cabaji
      • Nyaban Brothers
      • Hatchan
      • Daz Bones
      • Ohm
      • Kaku
      • Ryuma
      • Hyouzou
      • Monet
      • Pica
    • Zoro has faced all formidable swordsmen opponents:
      • Cabaji
      • Mihawk
      • Hatchan
      • Ohm
      • Captain T-Bone
      • Kaku
      • Ryuma
      • Hyouzou
    • There is no precedent for non-Zoro Strawhats defeating King
      • A non-Zoro Strawhat defeating the arc antagonist's strongest subordinate is unprecedented
      • A non-Zoro Strawhat defeating a formidable swordsman opponent is unprecedented
    • King and Queen seem to fit the bill for Sanji and Zoro opponents
      • Both share a rivalry like other pairs of Zoro/Sanji opponents
        • Mr. 2 and Mr. 1
        • Jabra and Kaku
      • King is serious while Queen is goofy like other pairs of Zoro/Sanji opponents
        • Mr. 2 and Mr. 1
        • Jabra and Kaku
  • Expectations
    • You think that all the Strawhats should get proper 1 vs 1s in Wano
      • Luffy will get a 1 vs 1 against Kaido
      • Zoro will get a 1 vs 1 against King
        • King is a swordsman and Zoro should get a 1 vs 1 with a powerful swordsman
  • Power scaling
    • You think that no one else is strong enough to face King
      • You believe that Marco will be defeated or that it's not his place to beat King
    • You think that Zoro is too weak to contribute much to the Kaido fight
      • You expect Zoro to leave the Rooftop eventually

Suggestions welcome.

This is precisely why I think Zoro vs King followed by Zoro joining Luffy in the fight against Kaido.

King and Queen are too much of heavy hitters to be taken down by anyone outside of the straw hats; And their personality and powers seem to fit as basic opponents of Zoro and Sanji.

Going behind that, Luffy hates people interrupting his fights; itโ€™s what he and Katakuri agreed on. And I think he deserves the opportunity to fight Kaido one on one so we can see how much heโ€™s grown. (Not that heโ€™ll win. God no)

Zoro hasnโ€™t fought a swordsman since Fishman Island. Yes Pica is named after the suit named after a sword, and yes he had a sword in a few images, but he wasnโ€™t much of a swordsman just a big dude. And there doesnโ€™t seem to be any stronger swordsman than king until Shiryu and eventually Fujitora

Finally the big thing is Zoro himself mentioned a lack of mastery of Enma. Giving him an opponent that isnโ€™t an emperor to get a better grip of the blade will show a more natural progression of Zoro making that sword his own before opening kaidos scar.

Oda is a creature of habit, and always pits Zoro against the second strongest. So King is the right opponent. That doesn't stop Zoro from hurting Kaido. I think both will happen, though I don't know in what order.

And if King is Zoro's enemy, Oda will make sure the battle meets the fans' expectations, as always.

Oda is a creature of habit, and always pits Zoro against the second strongest. So King is the right opponent. That doesn't stop Zoro from hurting Kaido. I think both will happen, though I don't know in what order.

And if King is Zoro's enemy, Oda will make sure the battle meets the fans' expectations, as always.
The second strongest is big mom dude and guess what sheโ€™s a swordsman

The second strongest is big mom dude and guess what sheโ€™s a swordsman
BM isnโ€™t a swordsman. And the SHP take on the Beast Pirates. BM is being passive in the fight and if you add to that the fact that her crew has not shown up yet, you can deduce that they are simply there to take BM and run away at any moment.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
That is not a downgrade. Zoro can't beat Kaido, only damage him. Instead King is an enemy he can beat in 1vs1.
Yes this is a downgrade.
Dude who the fuck wants feats on mere commander if Zoro can play a part in defeating one Yonko at least.

lmaooo

You lot don't love Zoro. You lot love to downgrade him.

J

Jo_Ndule

Yes this is a downgrade.
Dude who the fuck wants feats on mere commander if Zoro can play a part in defeating one Yonko at least.

lmaooo

You lot don't love Zoro. You lot love to downgrade him.
And then?
It's like saying Nami can't fight flyers or needing PUs coz she took down a YC alongside Luffy after 11jrs of a fight.
Nami also stalled Linlin