Speculations Why is Franky getting a powerup AFTER his fight?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Traditionally SHs get a powerup in the arc and then beat their main arc opponent
I know, but Oda’s doing a lot of shit backwards and upside down this arc…and I get the feeling he’s trying to wrap it up he can finish the series, so there’s a finality to these fights I think some of y’all aren’t acknowledging. With all the major players coming to a head after Wano, as long as Franky gets the upgrade prior to the crew leaving this place, shouldn’t matter if that’s before, during, or after his main scuffle.

Ah yes, just create cooler bigger more powerful weapons. Lmfao! Oda did the same thing with Nami, Zoro swords, Sanji raid suit, Chooper monster ball can now extend 20 more minutes LMFAO. Such shit writing for kids. There is no story in One Piece anymore instead the story has become “power ups”.

Sasaki is done mate. Oda did him dirty with the belly weakness ting but the fight was defo written in a conclusive way. No sense in bringing him back. The Queen ting was more of a foreshadowing for Future Franky PUs if anything. Both are Cyborgs and Queen is clearly a more advanced version.

I do agree with you that it feels a bit odd that Franky didn't get a PU this arc but the reason for that might be bcoz of the so called "anti-kaido" weapon he said he was gonna make on Zou. That I feel could be his PU this arc. Oddly enough most of the SHs are still fresh so I reckon they all face Kaido kinda like the did Oars on Thriller Back before Luffy ultimately beats Kaido

G

Gorosei Informer

Oda is sacrificing Sasaki as he just remembered Franky was meant to unveil and thus unleash his "Anti-Kaido weapons" on Kaido himself. Kaido has no idea what's coming his way soon!

:king::kaidowhat::pepemy:

SUUUUUUUUUPEEEEEEER!
:fransuper::cheers::stealthblack::finally:

Still waiting for Robin to use "Gigantesco Clutch" on "Kaido's Dragonballs" though. Maybe that is "Franky's Anti-Kaido weapons" based on his own experiences with her?

Funnily enough, I think there are some strong similarities with Kid and Franky, including both from South Blue I believe, both are tinkerers/engineers or whatever, both associated with metallurgy and robots too, they both use wrestling type moves and I wonder if Kid was abandoned by his pirate prates like Franky was apparently? Someone even talked to me before about how they represent the "red and blue oni trope" in writing too.

I seriously think they would get along very well with their personalities and especially shared interests. I wanted Kid to fight Queen with Killer's help as they can get revenge on him but I really want to see Franky and Kid team up at some point. They would be in awe of each other's capabilities imo and may even serve to help each other improve their arsenal and fighting styles even.

:kidsmile::Dr.Killer::fransuper:

Also I don't think Sasaki is actually done, unless Oda has forgotten or dropped the plotline with Denjiro and him. It's too soon for a F6 to go down and given how much spotlight and resilience Ulti and Page One were given and showing, Whos Who and Sasaki should by no means be down as well.

I'm not sure where this could go with Sasaki and Franky but I really did enjoy their fight and I hope Sasaki isn't out for the count yet. There is the still the issue of the Kokoro theory, I'm gonna be majorly disappointed and annoyed if he set up Franky vs Sasaki and then doesn't reveal he is Kokoro's son or whatever. Or even if Oda denies it now and thus Franky vs Sasaki was just more based on their fighting styles, abilities, roles and what not.

:lusalty::kriwhat:

Oda is sacrificing Sasaki as he just remembered Franky was meant to unveil and thus unleash his "Anti-Kaido weapons" on Kaido himself. Kaido has no idea what's coming his way soon!

:king::kaidowhat::pepemy:

SUUUUUUUUUPEEEEEEER!
:fransuper::cheers::stealthblack::finally:

Still waiting for Robin to use "Gigantesco Clutch" on "Kaido's Dragonballs" though. Maybe that is "Franky's Anti-Kaido weapons" based on his own experiences with her?

Funnily enough, I think there are some strong similarities with Kid and Franky, including both from South Blue I believe, both are tinkerers/engineers or whatever, both associated with metallurgy and robots too, they both use wrestling type moves and I wonder if Kid was abandoned by his pirate prates like Franky was apparently? Someone even talked to me before about how they represent the "red and blue oni trope" in writing too.

I seriously think they would get along very well with their personalities and especially shared interests. I wanted Kid to fight Queen with Killer's help as they can get revenge on him but I really want to see Franky and Kid team up at some point. They would be in awe of each other's capabilities imo and may even serve to help each other improve their arsenal and fighting styles even.

:kidsmile::Dr.Killer::fransuper:

Also I don't think Sasaki is actually done, unless Oda has forgotten or dropped the plotline with Denjiro and him. It's too soon for a F6 to go down and given how much spotlight and resilience Ulti and Page One were given and showing, Whos Who and Sasaki should by no means be down as well.

I'm not sure where this could go with Sasaki and Franky but I really did enjoy their fight and I hope Sasaki isn't out for the count yet. There is the still the issue of the Kokoro theory, I'm gonna be majorly disappointed and annoyed if he set up Franky vs Sasaki and then doesn't reveal he is Kokoro's son or whatever. Or even if Oda denies it now and thus Franky vs Sasaki was just more based on their fighting styles, abilities, roles and what not.

:lusalty::kriwhat:
Since Kaido is Magikarp, I bet the Anti-Kaido weapon is a pokeball made of Tama's magical dango. :gokulaugh:

Funnily enough, I think there are some strong similarities with Kid and Franky, including both from South Blue I believe, both are tinkerers/engineers or whatever, both associated with metallurgy and robots too, they both use wrestling type moves and I wonder if Kid was abandoned by his pirate prates like Franky was apparently? Someone even talked to me before about how they represent the "red and blue oni trope" in writing too
Sanji also called Franky "a Eccentric guy with a Punk haircut" when they first met iirc