Is it overrated?

• Yes

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Idgaf

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
PIS is the ultimate nerf to Future sight.
If the plot demands it pre-skip Luffy can future sight Mihawk chopping his arms, if the plot demands it to hype the ability up he can make Katakuri immune to G4 boundman, if the plot demands it to hype it Luffy can call out and instruct someone else in combat- more impressive than anything Katakuri has done in some respects.
If the plot demands it, Kanjuro can kidnap Momo on the same battlefield as a future sight user, and subsequently avoiding hunting him down with boundman.
If the plot demands it Luffy can get tagged with an explosion - and also conveniently avoiding trying to counterattack at all after the initial punch.

Because some think that having FS means you see everhthing.
And that having FS means you can dodge all attacks hence never get hit.
And having FS means you can tag anyone without FS.

These 3 things have been proved wrong by Oda over and over... especially in Luffy's case.
Those who want to damage control will start claiming PIS, Oda is poor with FS, Luffy wasn't using it, Luffy was emotional.....

its not. Katakuri was near invincible with it. Wano Luffy's CoO should be on a similar level.

for apoo, you most likely cannot dodge his attacks. His attacks are transmitted through music itself. Unless you are kizaru, you most likely cannot dodge sound waves. As long as you are in his range, you will be hit. This is the same reason why Apoo was able to land a slash on Zoro, who has pretty decent CoO.

If apoo was able to land several hits on Luffy, and luffy is a known user of advanced CoO, maybe the question isn't "is FS overated" but rather "how hax is apoo's ability?"

Also, it seems as if luffy actually was able to use FS to predict Apoo's attack. Zoro said that Apoo was about to use another attack and Luffy stated he already knew. The issue wasn't that he couldn't predict, its that he couldn't dodge.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I’m willing to believe, at least for the moment, that Apoo’s powers are such that they can’t be combatted right away unless you either know what they are/have seen them before, or you just burst in like Kid and smash the shit out of him before he can fire off any attacks. Luffy was mad and reckless, so he didn’t use FS like he should, but keep in mind that he only unlocked this power a little over two weeks ago in the canon and has likely spent that time focusing on advanced CoA more than FS.

Guys, stop the BS, we even don't know Apoo's powers, it's clear that he can bypass CoO haki regardless of its level even Kizaru (who I'm pretty sure has an advanced CoO) wasn't able to detect/predict Apoo's attacks.
When it comes to its importance I would say that FS is underrated because Luffy is currently the only strowhat who has it (along side with advanced CoA) and everybody, literally everybody hate that Luffy has become so strong compared to Zoro and Sanji that he can low/mid diff them combined.

TF.
So From now we need to assume that Luffy is using FS in Every Battle?
Yes because that's his observation haki and observation haki is used in battle.
It is manga fact that he was using it. Even before the second attack, Zoro tells him another one is coming and Luffy affirms that he knows....hence COO.
We know Zoro was also using COO because even after the slash, he was blocking attacks without looking.

So as I said prove he wasn't using it

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
:nicagesmile: I originally thought this was about the Flying Six lol

I think Luffy was using some semblance of FS at this moment.

As others have stated, he was furious, unfocused, and even laughing during this whole skirmish. However, once Apoo knocked some sense into him, Luffy became focused and got his shit together. "I Know!!!" is purposely bolded here, and think this is where he turned it on (he was at least using CoO). He knew an attack was coming, although didn't know the nature or type of attack. It could have been any of the previous (blunt attack or slash), but he braced himself for what was coming.

Last edited: