General & Others Why is that Naruto's anime is way superior than One Piece?

Not only anime, but manga too.
You see Kishimoto didn't afraid to give major victory in arc to other characters then Naruto:
1. Chunin exam first half was more about Rock Lee, Sakura and Neji;
2. Orochimaru fight was about Jiraya and Tsunade vs Orochimaru;
3. Return Sasuke arc give character development to everyone, without feeling that Naruto was able to beat any opponent;
4. Sasori arc battle was Sakura arc, Naruto in same time wasn't able to do anything;
5. Hidan and Kakuzu was more about Shikamaru revenge;
6. Sasuke vs Itachi and Pain vs Jiraya - both arcs was about other characters and Naruto didn't play any major role;
7. War announcement was Sasuke vs Danzo - again no Naruto;
8. Shinobi war before showing Madara was about every alliance character, not Naruto centered;

Also there wasn't any clowns between Naruto enemies, each enemy feels more deadly and dangerous. And story in Naruto always feel fresh

From other hand in One Piece major thing was plot and secrets of world etc and foreshadowing ofc. Also it was story about all Straw Hats and their adventure. But after time skip story became literal luffy centered garbage with clown enemies, no SH development and plot that keep repeating itself. Also whole foreshadowing also stopped to work, case Oda forgot some crucial moments from before.

So even with horrible fillers Naruto is better then this garbage

Naruto thankfully had filler arcs and they weren't afraid to use them. Which is something you need to do when both your anime and manga schedules are weekly.

And the OST is arguably the best anime soundtrack.

Toei doesn't do filler arcs anymore, and God knows why. The reason could been ratings for any other IP than One Piece, but OP has a titanic pressence in Japan so that makes no sense

Not only anime, but manga too.
You see Kishimoto didn't afraid to give major victory in arc to other characters then Naruto:
1. Chunin exam first half was more about Rock Lee, Sakura and Neji;
2. Orochimaru fight was about Jiraya and Tsunade vs Orochimaru;
3. Return Sasuke arc give character development to everyone, without feeling that Naruto was able to beat any opponent;
4. Sasori arc battle was Sakura arc, Naruto in same time wasn't able to do anything;
5. Hidan and Kakuzu was more about Shikamaru revenge;
6. Sasuke vs Itachi and Pain vs Jiraya - both arcs was about other characters and Naruto didn't play any major role;
7. War announcement was Sasuke vs Danzo - again no Naruto;
8. Shinobi war before showing Madara was about every alliance character, not Naruto centered;

Also there wasn't any clowns between Naruto enemies, each enemy feels more deadly and dangerous. And story in Naruto always feel fresh

From other hand in One Piece major thing was plot and secrets of world etc and foreshadowing ofc. Also it was story about all Straw Hats and their adventure. But after time skip story became literal luffy centered garbage with clown enemies, no SH development and plot that keep repeating itself. Also whole foreshadowing also stopped to work, case Oda forgot some crucial moments from before.

So even with horrible fillers Naruto is better then this garbage
It doesn’t seem like much could be done after Naruto defeated Kaguya. One Piece has a lot of potential story wise because the entire world could be filled with adventures.

Naruto was mostly about getting strong enough to bring Sasuke back and ultimately save the world. 85% of the story seemed to focus on the Sasuke rescue mission.

I would mention Boruto but I think it’s already known how eh that is. :seriously:

Naruto was good for 220 episodes and not really because alot of those episodes were filler.... really bad filler. One piece was good for about 500+ chapters. Shippuden was ass and in retrospect its watchable but watching it live was painful. all the bad animation, bad decisions and constantly watch Naruto fail at learning ninjutsu and then it turns into dragon ball super. They legit did not even resemble ninjas by the end of the anime and showed us nothing we wanted to see. to make things worse they chose the worse names for kids and made their kids completely shit.60 percent of oc's fanfictions were more relevant and interesting.

I'll agree that Naruto openings slightly edge out one piece openings... maybe more than slightly. though its well known fact eastblue to enislobby was way more enjoyable to watch compared to part 1 or 2 of naruto.

Because Studio Pierrot > Toei Animation.
hmm good point. in retrospect it's obvious toeing animation didn't do Naruto. not gonna lie the early days of naruto I got to see clips of vote naruto and didn't actually see the actual fight till I downloaded it on likewise. the fights are undoubtedly more entertaining. even of I think One piece fights were about equal when first watching them. I still hold that because one piece had few fillers and alot of them were good that it's just as entertaining. though I'll admit the production value of naruto was better.

though don't sleep on the one piece anime because like GOT the best thing they did was accurately keep the epic news of certain scenes like 'I want to live' or all of the early flashbacks. also you had to have less suspension of disbelief to watch one piece than naruto. a pirate anime where certain characters can't swim is still better than a ninja in an orange jumpsuit. I just realized that Kishimoto missed the opportunity for Luffy to use the setting sun as camaflouge. that also brings up the point was there was many things naruto could have done to become a better ninja and more entertaining that he never did. Luffy atleast used everything at his disposal to get stronger.

kishimoto used the cover art to show Naruto doing cool things whereas Luffy actually did the things fans wanted to see like Luffy wearing a pirate coat. though the few times Naruto used a smoke bomb or picked up a sword were rewarding. the naruto anime could have used a few more appealing designs on Narutos part like him using a few more design changes other than the I'm tired fishnet stockings shirt. I'll end it on this the one piece anime especially fillers early on did wano tf out of Zoro but naruto didn't do so with sasuke.

It's because Naruto used so much filler, that they were able to make the Canon episodes matter. But don't let that shit fool you, because there was so much recycled footage in Naruto, it was unbearable to watch at some points.

I mean, who wouldn't enjoy 250+ episodes worth 10-15 minute long flashbacks of the same shit over and over and over?

If I had to watch that swing scene one more God damn time, I was going to fucking lose it.

One Piece unfortunately was adapted by toei animation, who are the fucking King's of drawing out episodes. Just look at the original run of Dragon Ball Z. You get 7 episodes of setup for one damn attack.

Episode 1: Kaaaaaaa

Episode 2: Meeeeee

Episode 4: Haaaaaaa

Episode 5: Meeeeeee

Episode 6: 25 minutes of talking

Episode 7: HaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

EPISODE 8-22: The clash goes back and forth

Episode 23: Shit, that didn't work..... Time for 19 episodes of the spirit bomb!

Last edited:
From OST to fight sequences to pacing (excluding filters) to voice actors, everything is beautifully executed in Naruto through the years, but in OP, it's below average just like any other 90 series that's aging with the new gen, but can't keep up with it.
Naruto’s anime has serious problems with filler, but it’s a lot better than how Toei does it. I’d rather have filler arcs that I could skip versus the entire pacing of the series getting ruined

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
The sad part is the One Piece anime was just fine pre timeskip, objectively speaking the chapter to canon episode ratio was around 1.4:1, post skip we are getting arcs with under a chapter per episode, brutal pace and to make matters worse the animation and art took a hit as well up until very recently.