Questions & Mysteries Why isn't Shusui considered a Meito / Supreme Grade sword?

Considering the near mythical status Ryuma had in the world, and how it is literally the only other black blade aside from Mihawks Yoru we know, it just seems weird to me that Oda would not just make it a Supreme grade sword too. Especially considering we only know 3 of the 12 it is a bit confusing to me to not make the only other known black blade from a character literally called the Sword God into one of these 12 sword too.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
It could be Oda's way of implying Mihawk>Ryuma. Both achieved the same feat, black blades, but Mihawk's blade is of a higher level, and canonically the strongest/finest sword in the world.

And then later down the line Zoro will have 3 black blades of supreme grade or higher if possible.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
Probably because Shusui wasn't as well made before it achieved it status as a black blade.

Just like how Enma would go from being one of the 21 greats grades to becoming one of the supreme blades if turned permanently black, maybe Shushi started off as a low ranking sword which then finally achieved a status among the 21 blades once it got permanent coating.

Probably because Shusui wasn't as well made before it achieved it status as a black blade.

Just like how Enma would go from being one of the 21 greats grades to becoming one of the supreme blade if turned permanently black, maybe Shushi started off as a low ranking sword which then finally achieved a status among the 21 blades once it got permanent coating.
My thoughts exactly can't wait for Zoro to forge his own soon:finally:

Need Zoro to let go of Sandai if he's to ever make 3 supreme grade black blades by EoS.

And yeah, one's happening pretty damm soon when he goes out there to beheads a flying fish.

:finally:
I have gotten more attached to the Sandai just Like Nik haha probably has to do with all the Enma undermining ever since Zoro got it. Who knows maybe Zoro can keep and raise the Sandai to a supreme grade a feat worthy of the future WSS:zosmug:

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
I have gotten more attached to the Sandai just Like Nik haha probably has to do with all the Enma undermining ever since Zoro got it. Who knows maybe Zoro can keep and raise the Sandai to a supreme grade a feat worthy of the future WSS:zosmug:
Lmao fuck @nik87 and his Kitetsu fetish.

Join the Enma/ black blade supremacy train. Lol.

:finally:

But nah, I think Sandai is outdated. If he really needs a cursed blade, there's always the Nidai on the loose.

shusui could've started being just a grade/skillful grade and after it became black it's rank increased to a great grade sword

yoru could've started being a supreme, it was already at the top before it became black

WB's glaive and shoudai kitetsu are max level without being black

Sandai might get broken given that Zoro's Haki is likely drained
Post automatically merged:

Now that I think about it
Isn't weird that someone like Mr 11 had a Meito yet it isn't confirmed yet that Ashura or Denjiiro have one?

Last edited:
Iโ€™ve been of the mind that blackening a sword raises it one grade after what was said earlier in Wano to Zoro about being able to raise a swords quality. So to me Shusui is probably a supreme grade in quality even though itโ€™s base level was great grade. Following this logic in my mind Yoru is the strongest blade because in theory itโ€™s a supreme grade that has also been turned black, elevating it beyond other swords and solidifying Mihawk as the strongest swordsman of all time.