Questions & Mysteries Why isn't Shusui considered a Meito / Supreme Grade sword?

The answer is very simple. A sword or blade grade is just the quality of the weapon or how well the weapon was created.

When a blade is turned into a Black blade you don't improve the quality of the weapon. You just increase the strength of the blade. You make the blade so strong it can't be broken or chipped but the quality of the blade is the same.

Would be nice if Shanks and Roger swords were confirmed just as regular made swords nothing special on them.

WB's blade is also supreme, and its the latest rank. So if it became black blade would be just a supreme black blade like Yoru. So Shusui is a meito black blade and Enma will be one once it turns black blade.

Oda probably wants to make Supreme Blades something really special so should be end game for Zoro. Only for that.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Lots of Sandai Kitetsu slander here...

Considering the near mythical status Ryuma had in the world, and how it is literally the only other black blade aside from Mihawks Yoru we know, it just seems weird to me that Oda would not just make it a Supreme grade sword too. Especially considering we only know 3 of the 12 it is a bit confusing to me to not make the only other known black blade from a character literally called the Sword God into one of these 12 sword too.
Like already mentioned, to imply Mihawk above Ryuma.
Both are unparalleled swordsmen from different eras.
However, only one of them is going to face the greatest.
Leave Sandai Kitetsu alone. Who cares if it isn’t/never be some fancy smancy supreme grade. It’s never let Zoro down, plus sword quality doesn’t make the swordsman. :kriwhat:
Kiri-chan knows. :catrude:

Probably because shusui was a lower ranked meito grade sword before it became a black blade. Just being a black blade shouldn't automatically make a blade supreme grade. Swords have different qualities. Why should a ordinary sword if turned black = shodai kitetsu if it was turned black? A blackened shodai kitetsu should still be alot better than a blacken ordinary sword since it was made of a way better quality.

S

Shelby

Because Zoro having a supreme grade sword pre-timeskip makes no sense. What goal does he have to work to then? Much better for him to turn a sword into a supreme grade sword with his own haki instead of being gifted it randomly.
Post automatically merged:

Also who said that it was even possible to create a Meito back during Ryuuma's time? The technique of creating swords has obviously improved after 800 years or whenever Ryuma lived. Maybe a Meito wasn't even possible back then.

Because Zoro having a supreme grade sword pre-timeskip makes no sense. What goal does he have to work to then? Much better for him to turn a sword into a supreme grade sword with his own haki instead of being gifted it randomly
A Fucking 3 Million East Blue pirate who was defeated by pre Series Tashigi had a Skillful grade sword. Fucking Mr 11 had one too

Those two apparently have better swords than most New World Captains

So I don't see the problem

S

Shelby

A Fucking 3 Million East Blue pirate who was defeated by pre Series Tashigi had a Skillful grade sword. Fucking Mr 11 had one too

Those two apparently have better swords than most New World Captains

So I don't see the problem
Is Oda showing up the journey of those people and how they will continue to grow stronger every arc?

Sandai has always felt the most like "Zoro's sword" to me. All of his other swords have truly belonged to someone else before coming to him, but Zoro is the only one who has ever drawn out Sandai's potential. It's the one I most want to see blackened.

Probably Plot Plot no mi is the most compelling answer had I to place my cents.

As a matter of fact Shusui could have constituted a lot of sense as a Supreme Grade, but not necessarily either. There aren't many SGS around the Globe, and still it's Ryuma's sword we are talking about, a black blade forger. Expecially when the patterns seems to indicate that owner and grade have a compelling interlinkable so far.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Mihawk isn't Zoro, though, and shouldn't have to perfectly mirror his path to the top.
No I wasn't claiming that.

I just disagree that the rank of the blades is irrelevant.

Independent of whether Zoro actually will replace the Sandai Kitetsu with a higher grade sword or not, I think he can become stronger by doing so. It sounds like you were advancing a position contrary to that.

Last edited: