Theory Why Nacht hates Yami and the Black Bulls + ( Nacht appreciation thread )

What's your opinion about Nacht right now? ( I appreciate votes from people who read 273 )

• Total voters

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
This thread's purpose is to make people appreciate his character more. I motivated myself to write this because of @Admiral Lee Hung who thinks that Nacht is a jerk for how he acts and treats the Black Bulls.
This is not the most quality content you will see. My writing is very chaotic and my capabilities are pretty weak especially using 2nd language but I hope you will at least give it a shot despite flaws.

So about Nacht. I think he deserves way more credit than people give him. I saw a lot of people including you who didn't like his scene with the rest of the Bulls saying that he doesn't know what they went through and shit. I would like to disagree:

He knows everything about them. He may not be present during their hardest time because of his mission but he spends enough time to gather info about who joins the squad and how they behave.

Another example with Asta:

As we can see Nacht follows his own value code. He is another Noble exception like Mereoleona. Instead of being typical Noble pricks, they value certain things more than others.

Saying that he didn't care about the Bulls = Debunked.

Now onto more heated discussion/theory whatever.

Why Nacht hates beloved Yami? ( I love Yami too in case you may think I rant on Yami but Nacht has some points on this ).

I think I might possibly solve the theory of why Nacht hates Yami. Hear me out.
I think he hates Yami because Yami could change Black Bulls as Asta did. Motivate them, inspire them, because he can but he Yami just didn't fucking care.
Look at this panel:

I think Yami regressed with his personality a little after Grey Deer members grew enough to be their own squad Captains.
Like it or not but Yami became a lazy daddy after Grey Deer. Look at the panel closer. Nacht seems to like Yami's approach to squad thins and shit.

I think this is why Nacht hates him and still stayed as a Bull member. Besides you know having privileges of VC.
I like Nacht even more, a lot of people don't understand him. He likes people like Asta not because they are energetic but because they can share this energy and make people even better.

Now let's face some fucking facts.
If you think about it not from Black Bulls fanboy perspective but as someone who looks at the entire journey. Not only good but also bad things that happened, Black Bulls before Asta were really trash, with no goal in life. It also adds to Asta's character for motivating them, but I think Nacht scolding the fuck out of them was also needed, they lived in their lovely bubble for too long.

Now the latest addition to why Nacht might hate Yami. I think Nacht joined Black Bulls with his brother:

Pay attention to what Nacht's brother says here. Doesn't this look like someone heavy influenced by Yami's style of being?

THE GUY MARKED IN RED IS NOT NACHT! It's Nacht's brother.

Now look at this:

It looks like Nacht has as many reasons to hate the Dark Triad as our "Light Triad" ( Asta, Yuno, and Noelle ). I think they are responsible for Nacht's brother's death. But there is also someone who is indirectly responsible for Nacht's brother's death and it is no other than Yami.

I think Nacht's brother got heavily influenced by Yami's style of doing things and he didn't pay much attention to stuff like training or doing proper things for the squad.

I think at one point during some missions on the borders or somewhere he encountered the Dark Triad alongside Nacht. Nacht came out of this fight as the only one alive because he was obviously stronger even without the Devils but the Dark Triad ( or just one of them ) who attacked them were stronger.

Or just Yami appointed Nacht's brother to a military mission on the borders without knowing what is waiting for him there. I think this was also the nail to the coffin for Yami's motivation. He was lazy before that but I think Nacht's brother's death might strike him mentally pretty bad if that's what really happened back then.

There is one problem when it comes to being influenced by the current Yami. Yami grew up under Julius's commands so he rarely had time to slack off and he grew to be one hell of a fighter. One of the strongest Captains.

Nacht's brother probably acknowledged this as the way of life he should adapt to but he didn't understand that Yami could allow himself to do that since if something happens he can take care of himself.

Adam ๐ŸŽ

Pretty Boy
โ€Ž
For me Nacht is someone that despises lazy and selfish people
Nacht hates Black Bulls because they were lazy and selfish. They were always dead last in rankings and gave 0 shit about anyone
Now compare that to other magic teams that actually work

So Nacht hating lazy people even tho its his teammates is in line with his character
You don't wanna be perceived lazy, selfish, weak? Then get of your ass and work for it

Meanwhile he likes Asta, bcs Asta wants to change himself and works on it

Adam ๐ŸŽ

Pretty Boy
โ€Ž
Exactly. Spitting facts man.
If Yami had William's approach or Asta's type of personality to motivate others to not slack off and do something. Year after year it would be Bulls vs Dawn for the 1# spot.

I love Yami too he's the goat but slowly and surely I want people to realize that he also has flaws.

Chad moments are not everything. It also took me some time to see the flaws in his leadership because I was blinded by his chad moments in fights and etc.
Yami > Zoro
Still doesn't take away the fact Yami is bad leader but a good soldier

BangOO๐Ÿ…

Pepebusi Spammer
โ€Ž
We need clarification on how Nacht joined the Black Bulls. I assume there are 2 scenarios:

1. Per Julius's recommendation ( this would be after he told Yami to create the Bulls so before Yami became lazy ).

2. He respected Yami during Gray Deer times and he didn't know Yami would slack off like that so he just went after him.

Although I think Nacht mentioned that he was made VC without accepting or denying it.

So it was either Yami being Yami or Julius's decision.
both yami and nacht had a good relationship when they are in grey deer,
so i kinda believe something happen after Yami recruit Nacht join Black Bulls.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
This thread's purpose is to make people appreciate his character more. I motivated myself to write this because of @Admiral Lee Hung who thinks that Nacht is a jerk for how he acts and treats the Black Bulls.
I should clarify my stance on Nacht really quick,

I donโ€™t dislike Nacht because he is mean. A lot of my favorite characters of all time are mean. My literal favorite character ever, Guts, is mean as hell. Another one of my favorite manga characters, Ouhon from Kingdom, is a colossal Dick in many ways lol.

Being mean in and of itself isnโ€™t something I dislike characters for. Oftentimes, mean characters are that way because they are covering up a personal insecurity, which makes for nuance and complexity, which is awesome.

I dislike Nacht because his dumbass philosophy of โ€œthe best people are the ones who are good from the startโ€ is the dumbest spit-take Iโ€™ve read in Black Clover. It is the most offensively out of place philosophy in the entire manga, imo.

In a series where the main cast of characters are defined by being a bunch of fuckups who overcome their own personal flaws over time to grow stronger and come together as a squad, the last thing we need is some ass hole coming in to tell us that it doesnโ€™t matter how far the Bulls have come as a squad, because in his mind they will never be defined by anything more than their starting line.

Nacht is stupid, objectively wrong, and baselessly arrogant all at the same time in this regard. In a manga about character growth, the last thing we need is a fucktard like Nacht. Even Noelleโ€™s shitty ass brother and sister acknowledge her growth, but if we are to believe Nacht, then fuck Noelle because she had to work hard instead of just being born naturally great.

Nacht even tells Asta that Asta was โ€œrightโ€ from the start, which is why he was always rooting for Asta. Seriously, fuck this guy.

Iโ€™m going to read the full OP now, I just wanted to clarify why I donโ€™t like Nacht before I began because it was going to bother me if I didnโ€™t lol.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
Can you imagine what would happen if Asta never existed?
But Asta does exist, and the Black Bulls have been the best squad objectively since Asta came into the picture. No other squad has accomplished as much as the Bulls, and Asta is just one person in that squad. He canโ€™t pull all of the weight alone, itโ€™s the Bulls as a unit that are responsible for their achievements which dwarf every other squads.

โ€œIโ€™ve been watching the Bulls all this timeโ€ mmmmmkay, well then you should know that the Bulls garnered 150 stars in the same time period that the Golden Dawn earned only 50. Obviously they must be doing some shit right if we were to take a look at the Bulls that isnโ€™t laughably shallow and surface level, which is how Nacht chooses to view them.

Heโ€™s a complete idiot, choosing to view the Bulls for their outward appearance and not their actual merit, growth, or achievements, which objectively take a shit on every other magic Knight squad by a massive margin. The Bulls were literally the only squad to not get their collective shits completely kicked in during the Elf Invasion.

If Nacht werenโ€™t a complete imbecile who is arrogant about his own lack of knowledge, he would see that. Iโ€™m sorry, I just really dislike this idiot.

And itโ€™s not because he dislikes Yami either, I read the OP lol. Nacht disliking Yami is probably the only thing I like about him. It would be boring if he were a Yami dicksucker lol.

Nacht is a really cool character and I had no idea Lee disliked him.
I dislike Nacht because his dumbass philosophy of โ€œthe best people are the ones who are good from the startโ€ is the dumbest spit-take Iโ€™ve read in Black Clover. It is the most offensively out of place philosophy in the entire manga, imo.
I do feel it is bit much but not enough to dislike him. Maybe he gave chance to some "bad guy turned good guy" before and it came back to bit him.
This could be the reason for him to say he dislikes Yami and Black Bulls cause none is clean except for Asta. He may also know some past of Yami, some of the darkest perhaps.

Nice thread :)

Well I know what you mean and in some point I agree. But what I like most about Nacht is, that he is a very serious character. All other serious characters have their own comedy moments too. But Nacht is a special one. If some would make a comedy scene in front of him, he would kill the person. :milaugh:

And what i like about him too is his special personality. And he is mysterious. I really want to know why he hates Yami. And and what their connection is.

I also still have some hopes that he is or will be an antagonist.

Exactly. Spitting facts man.
If Yami had William's approach or Asta's type of personality to motivate others to not slack off and do something. Year after year it would be Bulls vs Dawn for the 1# spot.

I love Yami too he's the goat but slowly and surely I want people to realize that he also has flaws.

Chad moments are not everything. It also took me some time to see the flaws in his leadership because I was blinded by his chad moments in fights and etc.
He wouldn't be nearly as desirable as someone to fan over etc if he was oh so perfect, especially right off the bat.

Yuelyn

๐’ž๐“‡๐’พ๐“‚๐“ˆ๐‘œ๐“ƒ ๐‘…๐’ถ๐’พ๐“ƒ ๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ๐“‰ ๐น๐“๐‘œ๐“Œ๐‘’๐“‡
โ€Ž