Speculations Why no one on the roof will die

The reason is because banquet.

mot sounds stupid but think about it. After they win the war they will throw a massive banquet the biggest in the series to date by luffys own words.

Why would kidd celebrate or zoro celebrate after killers death?

Why would they celebrate after laws death?

These are just examples.

The only person I can see Oda killing that is big but wouldn’t affect anything that much is Marco.

just like pell in alabasta. Even though pell is still alive no one knew that. Marco would actually die this time since he has no relevance after this arc and doesn’t have a place in the story. Perfect time for him to die.

thats why I think oda will kill Marco since it won’t affect the vibes at the banquet.

Anyone on the roof dying is also way to obvious and Oda said himself he said doesn’t like killing people because he likes to throw banquets and he doesn’t like to kill people because when he does they are dead and aren’t coming back.

that’s why if anyone dies it will be Marco not someone like law or killer. That would be later in the story if anything.

Anyone that tries to dispute this is gonna fail because this is supposed to be the biggest banquet and a lot of happiness after not Kidd losing his first mate and being depressed or luffy losing his friend.

Do people think luffy is just gonna accept law dying like it’s normal???
Post automatically merged:

Marco dying won’t spoil shit also since msor people don’t have a connection to him or will care for him too much if he dies.

More characters care about Marco than they do Kid or Killer, who haven’t exactly made that many friends outside of their crew.
Not the point...... the main characters are what’s important. Oda doesn’t give two shits about the scabbards who have fought many battles and are experienced. They will just celebrate and it makes sense. Killer dying would make Kidd depressed and kill the vibes.

Law is literally luffys good friend why would lufffy want to eat a lot of food if his good friend dies? The only one who makes actual sense is marco
Post automatically merged:

I don't know about Oda but death has never stopped Luffy and co from celebrating. They were celebrating like fucking mad even though to THEM, Pell just blew himself the f up. Or when Going Merry died, or when Pedro died.
SO it's up to Oda to decide whether the character dies or not, but he's not bound to the rules that Lufffy can't celebrate even after some one dies.
None of those people you named are like anyone on the roof.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Not the point...... the main characters are what’s important. Oda doesn’t give two shits about the scabbards who have fought many battles and are experienced. They will just celebrate and it makes sense. Killer dying would make Kidd depressed and kill the vibes.
It was your point, you mention Marco’s death wouldn’t kill the mood of the party, which is false because there are people on the Alliance that care about Marco.

Kid and Killer are as much main characters as Marco. And there’s nothing to suggest Luffy cares about them anymore than Marco. Plus even if Luffy somehow mourned Killer’s death more than Marco’s, that’s not stopping the Dukes, Jinbe, Izo, etc from being distraught over Marco’s passing.

Marco isn’t that disposable either. He still has his ties to Weevil.

Last edited:
It was your point, you mention Marco’s death wouldn’t kill the mood of the party, which is false because there are people on the Alliance that care about Marco.

Kid and Killer are as much main characters as Marco. And there’s nothing to suggest Luffy cares about them anymore than Marco. Plus even if Luffy somehow mourned Killer’s death more than Marco’s, that’s not stopping the Dukes, Jinbe, Izo, etc from being distraught over Marco’s passing.

Marco isn’t that disposable either. He still has his ties to Weevil.
Since I’m tired I will only address the weevil point. Marco dying actually makes more sense when you think about weevil. What could Marco bring in the story for weevil? For Marco to die that can change weevils plan

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Since I’m tired I will only address the weevil point. Marco dying actually makes more sense when you think about weevil. What could Marco bring in the story for weevil? For Marco to die that can change weevils plan
Weevil’s plans wouldn’t change at all. Sphinx island is where Newgate’s inheritance is according to him and Bakkin (there isn’t any, though). They were always gunning for that. That’s why Marco stayed there; to protect the island in case Weevil arrived to rampage.

Weevil’s plans wouldn’t change at all. Sphinx island is where Newgate’s inheritance is according to him and Bakkin (there isn’t any, though). They were always gunning for that. That’s why Marco stayed there; to protect the island in case Weevil arrived to rampage.
He won’t make it out of wano. Weevils gonna hear that Marco died and then we will truly see what’s going on

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
There's no reason not to celebrate if Kaido and/or BM will die...
I expect the former to most likely do, not much the latter, but maybe because Oda doesn't "love death" and probably doesn't covet to portray something like that in a double way. Perhaps also because Big Mom will be entirely defeated later on if we take into account Katakuri's foreshadow seriously, which is debatable however. He wasn't seeing the future in that occasion.

I expect the former to most likely do, not much the latter, but maybe because Oda doesn't "love death" and probably doesn't covet to portray something like that in a double way. Perhaps also because Big Mom will be entirely defeated later on if we take into account Katakuri's foreshadow seriously, which is debatable however. He wasn't seeing the future in that occasion.
The thing is, this is the 2nd major (world defining) war in the series... The last time we had one, 2 major characters died both "sided" with Luffy...

I personally expect 2 more major characters dying in this war but in the opposite side since Oda loves inexact parallels... Also with the fact that Oda has yet to show a major villain dying, he might do it big time with 2 consecutive one like the previous war... I mean, it's something the story lacks to date...

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
The thing is, this is the 2nd major (world defining) war in the series... The last time we had one, 2 major characters died both "sided" with Luffy...

I personally expect 2 more major characters dying in this war but in the opposite side since Oda loves inexact parallels... Also with the fact that Oda has yet to show a major villain dying, he might do it big time with 2 consecutive one like the previous war... I mean, it's something the story lacks to date...
I'm rooting for it to happen because it's a twist this manga would really need in my opinion and the premises are solid and substantial. I'm merely particularly skeptical about Big Mom for the possibility that she will be ended in another arc, which I hope shall not prove the case, because at the end of the day Katakuri asking Luffy whether or not he would return on WCI to defeat Big Mom doesn't necessarily have to be taken as the author craving for it.

I'm rooting for it to happen because it's a twist this manga would really need in my opinion and the premises are solid and substantial. I'm merely particularly skeptical about Big Mom for the possibility that she will be ended in another arc, which I hope shall not prove the case, because at the end of the day Katakuri asking Luffy whether or not he would return on WCI to defeat Big Mom doesn't necessarily have to be taken as the author craving for it.
Good point, though even Zoro's promise to Hajrudin never happened in his hands...

If any, it would be the SHs and allies immediately tailing BM to WCI while she and her crew is likely fleeing from Wano... It would be a reverse of BM's reason to go Wano... Alliance (minus the samurais but maybe including the Scabbards) invading WCI because BM is an ally to Kaido... Quite impossible but that's the only way WCI would be brought back again without taking too much chapters and be a mini arc (since we don't need another long arc for that place in a near ending manga)...

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
The fire festival is a celebration of the dead, so characters can die. Yasu, for example, he’ll get something toasting his contribution to the cause by sacrificing himself.

If anyone’s to die it’ll be one of the Scabbards, cause they’re the ones who’ve been talking about being happy to die if it means they avenge Oden, and can tie in to this whole samurai way of life that Oden exemplified. And even that is looking very unlikely since Kaido didn’t kill any of them when he had the chance. There’s just no reason to kill any on the roof. It doesn’t give us anything