Powers & Abilities Will every Blackbeard Captain consume a DF?

Will all the BB captains consume DFs?

• Yes. That has become a theme of theirs over the story.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No. Stronger is the 10th captain and he don't need no weakness.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
The story of Blackbeard begins with him joining Whitebeard's crew to find a Devil Fruit. His most defining moment pre-TS is Blackbeard acquiring a second Devil Fruit and declaring it was his era. Even though it feels like all the attention is on Blackbeard, he himself knows a powerful crew is needed to move up in the world and for that reason he invaded Impel Down to recruit some of the worst from Level 6.

After the time skip we learned they have a become a crew of Devil Fruit hunters. They kill people and take their Devil Fruit before it reincarnates in some unknown location. We meet a Blackbeard Pirate for the first time after the time skip and that's exactly what they're up to.

What if Blackbeard wants all the power for himself and a strong crew just aids his quest? Later we meet Shiryu, having consumed a Devil Fruit they recently hunted. The character described as Magellan's equal despite the lack of a deadly poison ability, possibly the only Blackbeard pirate who get by just fine on his swordsmanship skills still decides to eat a DF. Where does this leave the rest of Blackbeard's crew?

The Blackbeard Pirates are still a growing force after the time skip. Nothing makes that clearer than BB's 2.2 billion bounty vs every other Yonko over 4 billion. But Blackbeard loves taking the quick, easy route to his goals. I need the Yami Yami for a specific reason? Let the Whitebeard Pirates find it, my chances are highest with them. I need power? I'll consume the strongest Devil Fruit there is. I need an all mighty crew? I'll just recruit the best ones from Impel Down. Maybe he's even observing and waiting for someone else do the hard work of collecting the Road Poneglyphs, at least undermining Big Mom and Kaido so he can jump at the right opportunity.

Who is to say BB's crew is above his own approach? If that slimy bastard is acquiring Devil Fruits, why not pick out a good one? Blackbeard isn't the only one who needs to grow. While some people may find a specialized tutor and train to work on their talents for two years, a Devil Fruit can give you strength as well as variety. Even a basic Zoan will multiply your strength, speed, toughness, and senses with no training required. Doesn't really matter if Burgess takes an L in Dressrosa, he's a growing boy who has yet to receive his DF boost. The only fact not in their favor is that every antagonist group so far has had their exceptions, but you could say that's what will make the Blackbeard Pirates special in the end:

- Baroque Works: Mr. 4, everyone after Mr. 5 doesn't have a DF.
- CP9: Fukurou, Kumadori
- Thriller Bark: Hogback is just a mad scientist
- Donquixote Pirates: Vergo, Dellinger, Lao G
- Big Mom Pirates: Only 16 confirmed DF users, plenty of ministers lack special abilities.
- Beast Pirates: plenty among Orochi's men, but we haven't seen Kaido's full hierarchy.

Could the Blackbeard Pirates become the only crew where all the executives (captains) are cursed devils?

S

stealthblack

they should have some non fruit users just in case the fruit users drown so they can save them.

I

Inspector_Mu

Teach commanders : skills and DFs
Shanks commanders : all about haki mastery and skills (sniping)
WB top commanders had powerful dfs: logia and Paramecia Zoan dfs : Ace Marco Jozu
BM top commanders: haki masters with Paramecia fruits
Kaido : physical fighters with zoan fruits