Current Events Will Kaido be defeated from Luffy's island sized punch?

Will Kaido be defeated by Luffy's island sized punch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With Luffy putting Momo on the line for this task and the flying lanterns seemingly coinciding with the launch of this attack, does it make the most sense narratively and thematically for this to be the end for Kaido?

If not, what would be the deterrent for Momo or those flying lanterns to NOT have thematic or narrative relevance for Luffy's punch to miss/not put Kaido down for good, given how this event has been set up? Discuss and share your reasons for both the choices

Few tags-
@Paperchampion23 @Tyki_Mikk @Sentinel @Bango🍅 @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @nik87 @NikaInParis @HA001 @Roo @Wiwi @Pantheos' FC @solis @Ghostly Reflections @Seth @Sanji D Goat @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @TheAncientCenturion @Fn Lucci @Jailer @mly90 @DoctorIndigo @Doggo @Jaguark101 @KINGKONGGUN15 @Hanzo hattori @MonsterKaido @Sasaki Kojirō @GrandmasterChef Zonji @ImmaIvanoM @KiriNigiri @Tejas @ConquistadoR @Lord_Braggy @AdmiralKinyagi @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @Den_Den_Mushi @Weeman @Twin Milf etc...

Last edited:
Yes, most definitely, it's time and it's been set up narratively. I say 1049 as 1048 probably show Momo moving the island, Kaido's last attack and the impact of Luffy's attack on Kaido, but 1049 probably will have the aftermath/victory. Similar to Sanji and Zoro's fights.

Imo, the only way it lasts past this is if Kaido's flashback miraculously starts in the middle of this final set of attacks, but this is most certainly the end of the fight.

Kaido will be defeated at the dawn

This is honestly the biggest reason holding me back from completely believing that this will be the end for Kaido. Maybe we get signs of the dawn approaching beginning from the next chapter itself but I think if Kaido was really meant to be defeated in the next 1-2 chapters, we would have already seen Wano being on the verge of dawn by now (Kinda like in Thriller Bark vs Moria).

Although who knows, the relevance of dawn could have implications beyond just defeating Kaido which probably involves Zunisha, opening the borders of Wano etc.. .But it would definitely feel a bit off if we didn't get this during Kaido's defeat.

I think it’s more likely to be like the first G3 hit Lucci took, properly fuck him up and then they’ll be one final fight so

1048: Punch hits, Momo has his moment, Orochi goes down
1049: Luffy vs Kaido, ends with the final blow
1050: Reaction to the defeat

But I’d be very happy for it to be over with the big punch, I’ve enjoyed Luffy vs Kaido but I’m done with it. We’ve seen enough.