Anime Discussion [Spring 2024] Anime Seasonals - General Discussion

Do you want more pinned threads in this section? For example a thread dedicated for anime news?

• Total voters

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
Kaguya-sama is on point as always
Rikei ga Koi comeback was good too
High hopes for Spy x Family
Thinking about watching Dance Danseur as well
And I'm also planning to see Summertime Render(I have some bad feelings about this show however the staff looks decent).

I didn't watch Komi-san first season but seems like the sequel still pretty interesting.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
I see everyone looks forward to Spy x Family. I just watched the first episode and it was great. Exciting and well animated. It lives up to the hype.

I will watch Shikimori is not a cutie later, it also airs today and seems to be the new romcom star this season.

Other new shows I can recommend after watching:
- Ya Boi Kongming!
it's from the Angel Beats studio, reverse Isekai, historical, music, comedy and a true gem

-Love after World Domination
this is a very interesting concept and I was fascinated by it's animation, your typical super hero show but with a twist of romcom

Aharen-san and Skeleton Knight in another world are other neat new anime that I started, both have great animations and look clean so far

Additionally I am watching the sequels of Komi-san, Shield Hero, Kaguya, DAL and I am waiting for Ascendance of a Bookworm season 3
all renown title that I can recommend to watch if ya feel like watching new modern anime

Once upon a time I kept up with anime every season. Anyway got any good recommendations? Maybe imma pick up something this season. I prefer either a good action series or a sweet romance series with not too many annoying fan service or a funny as hell series.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Once upon a time I kept up with anime every season. Anyway got any good recommendations? Maybe imma pick up something this season. I prefer either a good action series or a sweet romance series with not too many annoying fan service or a funny as hell series.
Spy X Family should be up your alley, or ever tried Kaguya-sama Love is War?
About action...hmmm, this season is stuffed with Isekai stuff. Do you like music? If yes, then "Ya Boy Kongming!" is the choice you should go for.:kata:

Spy x Family - This anime sits at the top of my list for most anticipated anime of the Spring season. I read the manga and have been looking forward to this one.
Rising of the Shield Hero (S2) - I love this anime and I am very happy to see it getting another season. I still need to finish season 1 but once I do, I will be spoiler free as I have not caught up with the manga yet. I cannot wait to see how Naofumi's character development in the second season.
Tomodachi Game - I really do not know anything about this anime aside from the MAL synopsis but what has me interested in it is I used to talk with a guy, about anime and manga, who went by the name Tomodachi on another site some years ago.
Spriggan - From the synopsis I believe this has a very interesting plot and focuses on an area of the world that I am very interested in visiting myself. I'll definitely be checking this one out when it releases.

AL sama

Red Haired
ok here here goes
  1. tate no yusha season 2
  2. kaguya sama love is war season 3
  3. komi can't communicate season 2
  4. science fell in love so I tried to prove it season 2
  5. spy x family
  6. shikimori's not just a cutie
  7. aharen san is Indecipherable
  8. I m quitting heroing
  9. skeleton knight in another world
  10. tomodachi game
  11. the greatest demon lord is reborn as a typical nobody
  12. a couple of cuckoos (will air in a few days)
  13. summer time rendering (hidden gem of the season in my opinion)
  14. trapped in a dating sim the world of otome games is tough for mobs
  15. love after word domination
  16. the executioner and her way of life (very interesting concept)

17. the dawn of the witch
  18. ya boy kongming
  19. ao ashi
  20. deaimon
  21. dance dance danseur
  22. black rock shooter dawn fall
  23. birdie wing golf girls' story
  24. shin ikkitousen (not aired yet)

Rej

Year of the black beard!
ok here here goes
  1. tate no yusha season 2
  2. kaguya sama love is war season 3
  3. komi can't communicate season 2
  4. science fell in love so I tried to prove it season 2
  5. spy x family
  6. shikimori's not just a cutie
  7. aharen san is Indecipherable
  8. I m quitting heroing
  9. skeleton knight in another world
  10. tomodachi game
  11. the greatest demon lord is reborn as a typical nobody
  12. a couple of cuckoos (will air in a few days)
  13. summer time rendering (hidden gem of the season in my opinion)
  14. trapped in a dating sim the world of otome games is tough for mobs
  15. love after word domination
  16. the executioner and her way of life (very interesting concept)

17. the dawn of the witch
  18. ya boy kongming
  19. ao ashi
  20. deaimon
  21. dance dance danseur
  22. black rock shooter dawn fall
  23. birdie wing golf girls' story
  24. shin ikkitousen (not aired yet)
:gokulaugh:
crappy list, no Honzuki

Rej

Year of the black beard!
after watching most of this weeks episodes I can clearly say that my new most favourite anime is Ya Boy Kongming! This anime really makes me happy and I apreciate its existence so much

also I enjoyed watching all other episodes this week, I sadly must say that Shield Hero is probably the show I watch which sticks on the weaker end this season, the CGI turtle fight was anticlimatic

yesterdays SPY x FAMILY episode on the other side did everything right a hyped anime should have done :cheers:

we feasted well this week

Rej

Year of the black beard!
What an amazing episode 4 from Kaguya-sama!
Ishigami best character :christnally:
That direction and storyboard always drive me crazy
Oh yes, seems we enter some big Ishigami focussed arc, hence "Ultra romantic". I am rooting for my boy to get himself some Tsubame xd
A survey made on a website

From these I'm only watching Date a Live IV and Ultra Romantic
I watch the top 5 and the rankings are fair it seems. Tho I def would had placed Koumei over DAL, but I understand that we enter a turning point in DAL and its absolutely sicckk

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
I watch the top 5 and the rankings are fair it seems. Tho I def would had placed Koumei over DAL, but I understand that we enter a turning point in DAL and its absolutely sicckk
A Couple of Cuckoos debuted last week and it seems good.

I'll check it out.

Love after World domination too.