Questions & Mysteries Would Oden have turned Enma black if he was still alive?

Could Oden have turned Enma permanently black?

• Total voters

Bogard

You can't win
Title says it all. Let's remember

> Oden was initially portrayed as a natural born Monster, accomplishing feats vastly beyond people around his age, a little bit like Big Mom, with Oden being a dedicated swordsman/samurai

> Could use hardening from an early age, and was a conqueror haki user

> Whitebeard was calling him "little brother" when he usually call his crewmates his "sons" paralleling a bit what Rayleigh was to Roger(partner), with Whitebeard even saying he wasn't the type to be led by anyone

> Kaido respected his strength enough he had to place a spy in his group to follow his movements, and come with an army to fight 10people and could still have lost if not the old hag

But he died at 39, 20years ago. So the question now is to know if Oden could have turned Enma black if he was still alive?

Give your thoughts on the comment below :optimistic:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
OT: I think he wouldn't have managed it. He lived long enough to make his blade black. Even if he were still alive, I doubt he'd be constantly fighting strong dudes who can pressure him enough to reach new heights of COA. Being a freak of nature doesn't help much either considering every person who managed it so far isn't an inborn monster.

Now that you mentioned it. Assuming Mihawk turned his blade black, He likely pulled it off at an age younger than Oden. Mihawk looks even more impressive now.

To blackened a sword you have to live and die for the art of the sword.
No, it's not a requirement. At least, it's never been mentioned or implied so far.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
No, it's not a requirement. At least, it's never been mentioned or implied so far.
For now the only two people who managed to have a black blade are Mihawk and Ryuma. Two WSS, and their sole occupation was/is the sword. Their weren't some leaders, or kings, or have an other goal than swordmanship, fighting other swordmen etc.

If we look at other extremely powerful people who used swords but didn't have black blade : Roger, Rayleigh and Shanks.
They are all extremely powerful and they had time to blackened their swords but they did/does other things in life, didn't have that goal etc. Roger wanted to be PK (maybe had other powers other than sword), Shanks is a Yonko and wants to maintain the balance of power etc, Rayleigh is more shady about his own dream but he didn't strike me as someone who wanted to be the best swordmen in the world etc.

So this lead me to believe that it require dedictation to balckened your sword and it is not only power related.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Mihawk had it done by that age. Oden wasnt strong enough.

Lmfao the sword lover nonsense is still being pedalled.
Oden is a samurai a bonafide sword lover.
Post automatically merged:

What ryuma wasnt some leader ?
He just cared about his sword ?
Are people even reading the story. He succeeded in everything oden failed to do.
He singlehandedly kept wano safe

For now the only two people who managed to have a black blade are Mihawk and Ryuma. Two WSS, and their sole occupation was/is the sword. Their weren't some leaders, or kings, or have an other goal than swordmanship, fighting other swordmen etc.

If we look at other extremely powerful people who used swords but didn't have black blade : Roger, Rayleigh and Shanks.
They are all extremely powerful and they had time to blackened their swords but they did/does other things in life, didn't have that goal etc. Roger wanted to be PK (maybe had other powers other than sword), Shanks is a Yonko and wants to maintain the balance of power etc, Rayleigh is more shady about his own dream but he didn't strike me as someone who wanted to be the best swordmen in the world etc.

So this lead me to believe that it require dedictation to balckened your sword and it is not only power related.
Ryuma main goal was protect his country from foreigners tho .

I don't see why not. Tenguyama seemed confident that Zoro would be able to turn Enma into a black blade simply coz he is strong enough or rather has the disposition to wield troublesome blades like Enma and Sandai Kitestu, something Oden was also capable of (at least with regards to Enma, tho I have no doubt he'd be able to wield the Sandai as well), so it falls to reason that Oden should've also been capable of doing so at least by Tenguyama logic.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Title says it all. Let's remember

> Oden was initially portrayed as a natural born Monster, accomplishing feats vastly beyond people around his age, a little bit like Big Mom, with Oden being a dedicated swordsman/samurai

> Could use hardening from an early age, and was a conqueror haki user

> Whitebeard was calling him "little brother" when he usually call his crewmates his "sons" paralleling a bit what Rayleigh was to Roger(partner), with Whitebeard even saying he wasn't the type to be led by anyone

> Kaido respected his strength enough he had to place a spy in his group to follow his movements, and come with an army to fight 10people and could still have lost if not the old hag

But he died at 39, 20years ago. So the question now is to know if Oden could have turned Enma black if he was still alive?

Give your thoughts on the comment below :optimistic:
Wano is land of swordsmen. They have been with swords since early age and I am inclined to believe that learning Ryo comes to them more early as well. Since beginning they engage themselves into swordsmanship.

Oden would be no different. Also, he was proclaimed as madman who used to cause rukus. To me this indicates that he went through Many battles as well in order to become one with swords

So,if oden dies at 39 then he had enough time to make Enma permanently black. Nothin was stopping him from doing so if he was capable enough but he didn't which indicates he lacked the capability to perma black enma and not time.

W

wordyworm

I think no, because he had the sword for so long without turning it black, including fighting battles that would have required all his CoA strength against some really top tier opponents.

If brute strength or monster level haki was all that was necessary, we would have a lot more black swords. So it seems like dedication, study, training, etc are also required.