Character Discussion Would you prefer had Doffy been a Yonkou instead of Kaido?

Kaido is on his own 120 chapter Arc and barely received 20% of the exposition Doffy received.
Oda is dealing with so much characters that it is taking a toll on Kaido's character. I am still waiting for his flashback, Rocks, him being a experiment I mean it has soo much potential. If by the end of Wano we still feel this way then Oda failed Kaido.

I would tbh. Doffy has 1000x better personality and charisma than Kaido. He would have been an amazing Yonko since he loves to abuse power and control people. Imagine if he was as strong as Kaido with the same level of influence combined with his ruthlessness, supreme ambition and the extremely sensitive knowledge he possesses. He would have been, without a doubt, the best villain the series could offer other than maybe Imu

He's sadistic, manipulative, extremely ambitious, smart, power-hungry, a great leader, and overall one of the best villains and characters introduced thus far in One Piece

Kaido on the other hand is just a boring, stupid, giant meatbag. All he does is drink and cry, no personality or charisma other than getting jerked off by all the characters for being "so strong". He's just a really tough practice tool for Luffy to get stronger, nothing more. But as a character he might as well not exist and nothing of value would be lost

People make fun of Big Mom for being a joke. But to me Kaido is much worse because he's boring as hell and every scene he appears in is just embarrassing to watch

Doffy loves to be behind the scenes , being an emperor doesn’t fit him

From what you are saying, you basically want Doflamingo with Kaido's strength.

The problem with this thinking, is that Doflamingo's lack of strength is what made him resort to being manipulative and cunning, he knew he couldn't beat some of these guys, so instead he outsmarted them.

He is a great character but the reason he is so appealing is because he did not have overwhelming strength like Kaido to rely on, and instead had to rely on soft skills like manipulation.

As for your judgement on Kaido, I think its premature, we know very little about what drives him, so to say he is just a meat bag is misguided.

Kaido may not be as charismatic or cunning as Doflamingo, but he is strong and smart enough to have Doflamingo submit to him and do his bidding, which is why he mostly spends his time drinking or attempting suicide.
1.- Doflamingo did not lack strength. There is a limit of what you can do with poor power.
2.- Kaido did not submit Doflamingo. They were partners.

Irony is alot of Doffy fanboys only care about his strength , they want him to be as strong as Yonko , Admirals , in battledome they like the most stubborn people and push Low admiral level agenda and downplay like every damn characters
You are wrong, no one wants him being stronger than he is, just give him the credit he deserves. No one downplays characters, we in fact say they are greater than what people think.
Post automatically merged:

I dont think that Doflamingo needs the power of Kaido or be an emperor. He is what he is.

Kaido also isnt bad. I like him and how Oda is handling him.

People believe Doffy was weak, it is just wrong. But still he aint at the level of Emperors for sure.

1.- Doflamingo did not lack strength. There is a limit of what you can do with poor power.
2.- Kaido did not submit Doflamingo. They were partners
1. In comparison with other characters, particularly the emperors, his strength was lacking for him to acquire power in the New world through force like the emperors.
His true power was in how he held the strings that kept the New world ticking and brokered deals between the big players, which is what made him an amazing character.

2. Here I disagree, partnerships are equal in nature with each party having the same amount of authority. When the smile factory in punk hazard was destroyed and Ceaser kidnapped, Doflamingo was more concerned with having to answer to Kaido than losing the business. As Law pointed out, if Doflamingo didn't deliver, Kaido would kill him, which meant that he was being held hostage in the deal, and that to me is not a partnership.

A similar case is Orochi, who believed he was in a partnership with Kaido, the only difference with Doflamingo's case is that Orochi believed they were equal partners whereas Doflamingo understood that the partnership was completely one-sided.

I don't know if I'd prefer him to be a Yonko. His role as a middle man who pulls the strings (no pun intended) was pretty perfect.

I do think he's still the best villain though. Kaido is monstrously strong, but also just a dumb brute. Big Mom is just a caricature of the Hansel & Gretel Witch. Neither impress me personality wise.

1. In comparison with other characters, particularly the emperors, his strength was lacking for him to acquire power in the New world through force like the emperors.
His true power was in how he held the strings that kept the New world ticking and brokered deals between the big players, which is what made him an amazing character.

2. Here I disagree, partnerships are equal in nature with each party having the same amount of authority. When the smile factory in punk hazard was destroyed and Ceaser kidnapped, Doflamingo was more concerned with having to answer to Kaido than losing the business. As Law pointed out, if Doflamingo didn't deliver, Kaido would kill him, which meant that he was being held hostage in the deal, and that to me is not a partnership.

A similar case is Orochi, who believed he was in a partnership with Kaido, the only difference with Doflamingo's case is that Orochi believed they were equal partners whereas Doflamingo understood that the partnership was completely one-sided.
1.- Comparing him to Emperors of course he is weaker. But does not lack power. Compare Akainu to Kaido and he is also weaker. Doflamingo had personal power and for me, greater power of control than Emperors. After all, he was the strongest and best broker of the underworld, the king there.
2.- Deals are deal. If you cant do them, then Doflamingo had to find a way to make his part. For that same reason, I can say they were partners, Kaido will not kill King, Queen or Jack for failure and Doflamingo not being a subordinate did not give him that protection. So yeah, they were partners. You brought Law to the equation, well, it was this same Law who said they were partners.

And no, it was not 1 sided lol. Orochi did not give nothing to Kaido, just terriory while with Doffy he had weapons and minerals. Heck, even the Cp0 had to go to wano to make the deals since Doflamingo was not there anymore.