Questions & Mysteries Xebec and Teach links

This thread will be open for any discussion about the relation between Xebec and Teach along with their pirate crews. we have similar threads already but i want this thread to be open so that it could gather all the information around, and if other hints appear in the future, you could come back and add them here.

1. Teach and Xebec are Pirate King candidates who both were stated to be interested at researching history:

SBS volume 82, page 46: Teach's hobby is researching history
Teach has vast knowledge since he read the devil fruit encyclopedia as well.

2. Teach and Xebec are the only pure evil members of the D. family so far. Notice how Oda made Whitebeard specifically mention Teach in front of Roger, Xebec's biggest rival. later Whitebeard says Roger wasn't waiting for Teach but someone else:

3. Teach and Xebec are the biggest danger to Im, leader of the world nobles. Teach's picture was torn apart by Imu and Xebec terrorized the world government, attacked the world nobles, and wanted to be the king of the world which is according to Sterry possible if one could sits on the empty throne that belongs secretly to Im:

4. Both Teach and Xebec made Beehive island their base of operations:

5. Teach's ship (Saber Of Xebec) shares its name with Xebec which is a sailing ship with three lateens and oars. Notice how number "three" is always roaming around Teach. his flag consists of three skulls. was born in third of August. Foreshadowed to have the strongest fruit in each of the three devil fruit types. Inflicted three scars on Shanks. His beard is separated into three beard braids. Has three guns on his belt:

6. The Rocks pirates had no issue murdering each other, a striking resemblance to what Teach did to his crew mates in the Whitebeard crew. and what he did in Impel Down by letting level 6 inmates kill each other:

7. A member of the Rocks pirates, Captain John, was turned into a zombie by Moria, who's now affiliated with Teach:

8. Teach was born 40 years ago, around where Rocks pirates were prominent. Teach also was an orphan who was taken care of by one of Rocks' most prominent underlings, Whitebeard:

9. Xebec was Roger's greatest pirate enemy just like how Teach is eventually going to be Luffy's greatest pirate enemy:

Another striking resemblance between Rocks pirates and Blackbeard pirates is the similar Titles, epithets or design between some of their members.

Catarina Devon and Charlotte Linlin:

Similar outfit. Strongest woman in their crew. Swordswomen.

Avalo Pizarro and Kaido:

Same horns. Long mustaches.

Blackbeard and Whitebeard:

Similar epithets. Same power.

You can discuss about the topic here and/or add more information if it hasn't been mentioned.

Last edited:
Not bad.

People said Teach isn't a D. because of WB's last words. But I think what WB meant that Teach is a different type of D. like Xebec.

Not every D. is like Luffy, look at Law. They are completely different characters. They are both D. but Luffy is the D. that Roger is waiting for. Roger had Xebec, Luffy has Teach.

One thing, the number of missing teeth is not really consistent.
Here, he is not missing any

Here, he is missing 3

Here, he is missing more than 3
I knew someone will address that and i was aware of this before making that point since i was talking about current Teach.

Oda had so much inconsistency with drawing Teach's teeth pre time skip. this is his mouth in the same arc :

I thought current Teach will forever remain with three missing teeth but your post made me reread Wano and i forgot about this :

31 chapters later Teach is shown missing more teeth. damn just edited the thread know. thanks for correcting this.

S

stealthblack

It's s shame that teach will never be as good as rox because no way teach crew will surpass a crew made of kaidou, bm, wb, shiki.

I

Inspector_Mu

It's s shame that teach will never be as good as rox because no way teach crew will surpass a crew made of kaidou, bm, wb, shiki.
No crew will ever surpass Xebec crew

Even Shanks crew is below
Xebec > Shanks
Young WB >= Benn, both are low top max
Young BM > Roo, Young BM is low top or inbetweener
Young Shiki > Yassop
Rookie Kaido > rockstar