Fanclub Yamato, Daughter of Kaidou Fanclub

Guys, I was thinking about the perfect role for Yamato if she joins: Strategist(or Military Strategist. I put just Strategist to make it simpler). Yamato spending 20 years locked in Onigashima, trying to beat Kaido multiple times (and lost all the time), formulating better ways to beat Kaido, sounds a lot like Strategist. She even prepared a substitute doll for Momo out of nowhere, means that she is really prepared before going to the battlefield.

I was thinking about this because of 1 important panel, where Luffy was about to use Gear 4th on mere Numbers; only to be stopped by Sanji. And Yamato’s role as Strategist could be a funny theme, because of Luffy’s reckless behaviour. Yamato’s role as a Strategist also allows her to look for multiple plans, if Luffy somehow break her strategy.

If Yamato is indeed a Strategist in future fights, it will also fit that Yamato will know each of Straw Hat’s powers & weaknesses, thus when SHP fight BB later, Yamato will be the one who formulates the idea of which SH fights which BB, and role Strategist maybe underrated but it is important especially in battlefield.

I thought about this because of Luffy, Ace & Sabo’s relationship are like 3 sworn brothers of Shu; which are Liu Bei, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei. Therefore, Yamato is based on Zhuge Liang. Also @Kai.Do mentioned that Zhuge Liang is known as Crouching Dragon, but as Dragon is already Kaido, Yamato is Crouching Tiger. And not to mention that Strategist role is kind of special role, while not everybody can be a strategist; unlike Carrot’s role to be a lookout. Again, Yamato spending most of her life trying to beat Kaido multiple times & formulating ways to beat Kaido, makes her a perfect Strategist (where I believe Carrot can’t be it)

in Japanese, Military Strategist is gunji senryaku-ka (軍事戦略家)

Last edited:
Guys, I was thinking about the perfect role for Yamato if she joins: Strategist(or Military Strategist. I put just Strategist to make it simpler). Yamato spending 20 years locked in Onigashima, trying to beat Kaido multiple times (and lost all the time), formulating better ways to beat Kaido, sounds a lot like Strategist. She even prepared a substitute doll for Momo out of nowhere, means that she is really prepared before going to the battlefield.

I was thinking about this because of 1 important panel, where Luffy was about to use Gear 4th on mere Numbers; only to be stopped by Sanji. And Yamato’s role as Strategist could be a funny theme, because of Luffy’s reckless behaviour. Yamato’s role as a Strategist also allows her to look for multiple plans, if Luffy somehow break her strategy.

If Yamato is indeed a Strategist in future fights, it will also fit that Yamato will know each of Straw Hat’s powers & weaknesses, thus when SHP fight BB later, Yamato will be the one who formulates the idea of which SH fights which BB, and role Strategist maybe underrated but it is important especially in battlefield.

I thought about this because of Luffy, Ace & Sabo’s relationship are like 3 sworn brothers of Shu; which are Liu Bei, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei. And not to mention that Strategist role is kind of special role, while not everybody can be a strategist; unlike Carrot’s role to be a lookout. Again, Yamato spending most of her life trying to beat Kaido multiple times & formulating ways to beat Kaido, makes her a perfect Strategist (where I believe Carrot can’t be it)

I don’t know Yamato character would be a strategist she doesn’t think things through like Jimbei does. As Kaido point out she is not good thinking things ahead time and or advance. What I do believe Yamato role is possible perhaps might as well be the ships defender. Since she’s shown have strong fighting capabilities as well what Yamato doing right now facing her father. She is not just protecting just straw hats but the alliance as well. Yamato has shown have incredible durability just like her father.

I don’t know Yamato character would be a strategist she doesn’t think things through like Jimbei does. As Kaido point out she is not good thinking things ahead time and or advance. What I do believe Yamato role is possible perhaps might as well be the ships defender. Since she’s shown have strong fighting capabilities as well what Yamato doing right now facing her father. She is not just protecting just straw hats but the alliance as well. Yamato has shown have incredible durability just like her father.
Because she has strong fighting capabilities & durabilities that’s why I suggested Strategist. I don’t remember Kaido stated about Yamato that way, but Kaido left Yamato 4-5 years ago in Onigashima, where Yamato can learn about battle strategy especially that she learned many things from Oden’s logbook. Yamato may not think ahead at some point, but maybe in battle strategy she is more than capable.

Remember what Sanji said in Enies Lobby about the crew to Usopp: you do things I can’t do, I do things you can’t do. So far SHP have been recklessly going into battlefield without proper preparation, that’s why Luffy has been KO’d easily even post-timeskip. Yamato will give formulas to SHP how to give huge damage to enemies, with minimum casualties to SHP side.
Post automatically merged:

Sorry, I forgot to mention that if Yamato is a Strategist, she would be Shu Kingdom’s Zhuge Liang, who is a military strategist & diplomat.

Last edited:

I thought about this because of Luffy, Ace & Sabo’s relationship are like 3 sworn brothers of Shu; which are Liu Bei, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei. And not to mention that Strategist role is kind of special role, while not everybody can be a strategist; unlike Carrot’s role to be a lookout. Again, Yamato spending most of her life trying to beat Kaido multiple times & formulating ways to beat Kaido, makes her a perfect Strategist (where I believe Carrot can’t be it)

Bodyguard seems most likely at this point honestly.

Bodyguard seems most likely at this point honestly.
I actually agree with any role Yamato will have later, it’s just that having Yamato as Military Strategist will make Yamato a complete package of brain & brawl, and would be quite rational to counter Carrot fans. Lookout / Bodyguard is good, but I don’t think it has something special (especially lookout); as we know that currently 2 female SHPs are more brain than brawl. I’m open to any idea of her; and being a Strategist and or Bodyguard (especially to protect Nami & Robin when Monster Trio are not available), both sound likely IMO.

I actually agree with any role Yamato will have later, it’s just that having Yamato as Military Strategist will make Yamato a complete package of brain & brawl, and would be quite rational to counter Carrot fans. Lookout / Bodyguard is good, but I don’t think it has something special (especially lookout); as we know that currently 2 female SHPs are more brain than brawl. I’m open to any idea of her; and being a Strategist and or Bodyguard (especially to protect Nami & Robin when Monster Trio are not available), both sound likely IMO.
Yamato is way better idea than the people who promote the momo for nakama idea from one piece youtube community.

Pretty sweet of Yamato to be challenging an Emperor for Luffy’s sake in light of Luffy giving her freedom. Even several of Big Mom’s children were intimidated by Big Mom, but Yamato doesn’t seem to be intimidated by Kaido at all here. It definitely has the makings of a strong friendship that could potentially develop between her and Luffy if it isn’t developing already.