Future Events Yamato is Going To Die...

Yamato's not gonna make it..... here's why....

With Yamato Oda's forcing the "I want to join the crew" thing down our throats despite the fact that Yamato has read Odens Journal and clearly knows too much.
These are very conflicting Ideals and its a recipe for Death In One Piece.

Among the Emperors of the seas ,only Gol. D Roger and Kaido have 1 child, Yamato has the same limitless potential Portages D. Ace had. Her sealing is as high if not higher than Luffys. Just... like.... Ace.

I'll explain how its going to happen......

There are Two Scenario's

Scenario #1

Luffy will get back into the fight and either sub Yamato out or they will both fight Kaido together.

Kaido and Luffy will fight 1v1 again for some time but Luffy will once again get overpowered ,

Kaido will go for the killing blow on Luffy, but Yamato will jump in Last minute and Kaido will accidently kill Yamato instead. Very similar to the death of Ace.

This will be: The Tragedy of Act 3, End of Act 3, and the end of Volume 100

Which ironically has Ace and Yamato on the cover.

Scenario #2

Yamato Dies Saving Momonuske

In a similar manner as scenario 1, someone would go for the kill on Momo and Yamato would step in last minute and take the fatal hit, However this scenario has 3 potential Candidates for Yamato's Killer

CP0

They may attempt to exterminate Momonuske once they realize his fruit was not a failure.

Kaido

This is the most likely scenario if Momonuske is involved:
Kaido has challenged momonuske before, and was actively trying to kill momonuske like 2 chapters ago. He may continue his pursuit only to end up Killing his own Child in the end.

And Sakazuki

The Marines may come to Wano,if Akainu is there best believe someone is going to die. We know how Akainu feels about bloodlines: If he had a choice he'd probably pursue and take out Luffy, Yamato and Momonuske all at once. This is why he's a potential candidate to kill Yamato.

If Im being honest. Scenario #1 is the one Im betting on, either way Yamato is likely going to Die.

But Yea... leave your thoughts below

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
So what purpose would Yamato dying achieve?

Luffy and everyone on Onigashima already have a massive grudge against Kaido, adding Yamato to it makes no sense bcs only Luffy knows Yamato

Plus, Yamato as a whole has way more reason to stay alive than Scarabs. Yea she read the yournal but it is questionable just how much is in there and if some pages were destroyed.

Hell Franky knows how to make Ancient Weapon, should we kill him too?

If anyone is gonna die for Momo it will be Scarabs themselves not Yamato.

Plus Oda himself doesnt really like killing characters, and judging how popular Yamato is abd the fact SH crew will need more fightets to face BB and Marines/WG Yamato joining is dead given

Carrot has been shafted ever since WCI, not much was invested into following her. She is out

Killing Yamato would be one of the cheapest deaths Oda could pick for the tragedy for this whole raid imo. He introduced her very late into Wano and the audience hasn’t even had time to get fully emotionally invested in her. If Oda was trying to set up a mirror to Ace’s death with Yamato he couldn’t have gone about it in a worse way. The longer you’ve known a character the more an audience will grow attached to them as a general rule. Ace was introduced all the way back in Alabasta and we got to see him several more times before his execution. He and his death had real proper build up. Yamato got introduced during the raid. To kill her off in that same raid would be cheap and a waste of time. No one would be sad, everyone would either be angry that Oda wasted their time, or joyous if they don’t like her character.

A character like Law (don’t you dare do it Oda) or Kinemon would be much more impactful deaths that would actually leave a mark because we’ve had a chance to grow familiar with them. It would be bonkers bad writing if Oda said “crap someone needs to die to create a tragedy for this arc, let me add a new character at the last second to kill off”.
Post automatically merged:

Kinemon is the perfect death for this arc imo. I’m not sure Oda will do it, idc if he just stabbed him or not lol. I need to see him buried. Even seeing the body isn’t good enough with Oda’s track record.

He’s been with us since Punk Hazard, we’ve laughed and cried with him and had adventures. If Kinemon died the fan base would have actually lost something. Not to mention it would have real impact on Momo’s character, as well as the SHs. Yamato doesn’t have any bonds with the SHs. She’s briefly met Luffy and has some chemistry but that’s it. He doesn’t even really know her yet. No one in this raid on our alliances side really knows her. The only person her death would really affect beyond “huh that sucks I was just starting to like what’s her name” is Kaido.

Last edited:
Killing Yamato would be one of the cheapest deaths Oda could pick for the tragedy for this whole raid imo. He introduced her very late into Wano and the audience hasn’t even had time to get fully emotionally invested in her. If Oda was trying to set up a mirror to Ace’s death with Yamato he couldn’t have gone about it in a worse way. The longer you’ve known a character the more an audience will grow attached to them as a general rule. Ace was introduced all the way back in Alabasta and we got to see him several more times before his execution. He and his death had real proper build up. Yamato got introduced during the raid. To kill her off in that same raid would be cheap and a waste of time. No one would be sad, everyone would either be angry that Oda wasted their time, or joyous if they don’t like her character.

A character like Law (don’t you dare do it Oda) or Kinemon would be much more impactful deaths that would actually leave a mark because we’ve had a chance to grow familiar with them. It would be bonkers bad writing if Oda said “crap someone needs to die to create a tragedy for this arc, let me add a new character at the last second to kill off”.
The Quality of the flashback is what determines whether or not people will feel for a character.

The Quality of the flashback is what determines whether or not people will feel for a character.
Even with a good flashback the ceiling for her death would be a Yasuie type death. Kinda sad but we didn’t really lose anything. I’m not sure any Yasuie fans are still reeling after his death and that’s because despite Oda giving him a daughter and including him in a flashback we still weren’t deeply attached. We just me the guy. We felt for his death, but it wasn’t a gut punch for the fan base.

And that’s not even to mention again how Yamato’s death doesn’t serve as any sort of impact on the other characters. Ace’s death changed everything for Luffy. No main character is going to be deeply affected by Yamato’s death at all. None of them have a deep relationship with her.

The greatest flashback ever won’t change those two things. Even if her death was made sad it would still be shallow. We’d have lost nothing we had coming into this raid.

Last edited:
Among the Emperors of the seas ,only Gol. D Roger and Kaido have 1 child, Yamato has the same limitless potential Portages D. Ace had. Her sealing is as high if not higher than luffy s just like ace
Her potential is not even close to luffy, she is 28 years old and her father his a yonko ( he obviously would have trained her) also ace did not have any potential the only thing that made him special was that he was Rogers son.

I honestly love this idea. Yamato is one of the few characters who would be perfect for the 3rd act tragedy that hawkins foreshadowed(the 99% death chance man).

She's loved by the fandom while not being too important to the plot to prevent her from being killed off. From the looks of it, she honestly seems too strong to join the straw hats. She was fighting on par with Luffy despite not even showing off her devil fruit. Not it seems like she might be clashing with hybrid kaido. Its just too much.

There's also the thing that she was largely absent throughout this arc, which is a really odd choice if she was supposed to be a future straw hat.

I also feel like kaido killing yamato on accident would be poetic in a way. It would be the thing that finally destroys all of his humanity. Kaido's equivalent of Thanos sacrificing his daughter for the soul stone. It think this would overall make the kaido fight much better.

If it happens, I'd kinda like Luffy to make Yamato an honorary straw hat.