Current Events Yamato won't join

Every arc post-skip, one piece fans have latched on to some character that they liked, and shipped them to join the straw hat crew. In punk hazard it was monet, in dressrosa it was rebecca, violet, and the colosseum fighters, in whole cake island it was carrot and pudding, and now in wano it is yamato.

The thing about the straw hat crew that y'all don't get, is that it is a very tightly nit group of characters and just because a character is friends with Luffy or whatever doesn't mean they are going to join the crew. Jinbe was the only straw hat to join post skip and even still, he played a major role pre-skip which justified his inclusion into the crew. But this is wano, we are entering the end stage of the series, why the hell should any more characters be shoehorned into the straw hat crew? Oda has a hard enough time as it is giving the current cast enough time, why add more?

And specifically, why Yamato? For a future straw hat, Oda really dropped the ball with her. He could have easily introduced her at the beginning of wano and had her play a bigger role in the arc, yet she was only introduced in act 3. What's more is that she has no real dream, apart form leaving wano, and she honestly seems too powerful to join the crew. I mean a mythical zoan? She was able to fight 1v1 with kaido, I don't think the straw hats need someone that strong.

At least for Oden, he served a purpose. Roger needed someone who could read the poneglyphs, which oden could. What role is there on the crew that demands Yamato's inclusion?

Personally, I think it would be better if she just joined Law's crew. Law seemingly has a close relationship with momonosuke and the scabbards. At the moment, it seems like Shinobu will use her powers to permanently turn Momo into an adult. This effectively decreases Momo's lifespan and traps him in the body of an adult when he is still just a boy. Given how much he knows, I'm willing to bet Law knows what Jewelry Bonney can do and hence will probably follow down Corazon's footsteps, taking momo aboard his crew and helping him become a boy again by finding jewelry bonney.
If this is where Momonosuke goes, Yamato, who has become an unofficial retainer of Momo's, would likely follow suit. This would also have the effect of giving Law something of a decent crew. Out of the 3 top supernova captains, Luffy, Law, and Kid, Law has the most underwhelming crew; so I think yamato and Momonosuke would be a good fit.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Of course not. Not a single SH member that joined during Grand Line was predictable and she's openly saying it... After this chapter considering how many meat he gave him, Luffy's heart has a special spot for lord Caribou, a unique logia which Strawhats dont have.
The guy who nobody saw coming and yet he entered the New World together with Strawhats, we watched his voyage in NW on the cover pages and he is part of greatest arc together with them and he just fed Luffy a meal of his lifetime.
:smoothy:

Of course not. Not a single SH member that joined during Grand Line was predictable and she's openly saying it... After this chapter considering how many meat he gave him, Luffy's heart has a special spot for lord Caribou, a unique logia which Strawhats dont have.
The guy who nobody saw coming and yet he entered the New World together with Strawhats, we watched his voyage in NW on the cover pages and he is part of greatest arc together with them and he just fed Luffy a meal of his lifetime.
:smoothy:
Would have to drop the series if this happens.

If some don't think Yamato will likely join I wonder how they conceive the idea of Carrot instead lol.
I don’t mind Yamato joining or not joining lol since I only have three hopes for possibly last SHs which are
1- being a female.
2- being above mid trio and arguably could be part of the top 3 fighters on the crew.
3- having a logia! I just wish a SH with this type of DF as we don’t have any of them.

And Yamato at least checks out two of what I hope for so I’m fine with it, But Carrot is just ohh god please no lol.

I don’t mind Yamato joining or not joining lol since I only have three hopes for possibly last SHs which are
1- being a female.
2- being above mid trio and arguably could be part of the top 3 fighters on the crew.
3- having a logia! I just wish a SH with this type of DF as we don’t have any of them.

And Yamato at least checks out two of what I hope for so I’m fine with it, But Carrot is just ohh god please no lol.
Yeah it was more referenced to the actual material possibility for Yamato to join rather than the specific personal preference.

Every arc post-skip, one piece fans have latched on to some character that they liked, and shipped them to join the straw hat crew. In punk hazard it was monet, in dressrosa it was rebecca, violet, and the colosseum fighters, in whole cake island it was carrot and pudding, and now in wano it is yamato.

The thing about the straw hat crew that y'all don't get, is that it is a very tightly nit group of characters and just because a character is friends with Luffy or whatever doesn't mean they are going to join the crew. Jinbe was the only straw hat to join post skip and even still, he played a major role pre-skip which justified his inclusion into the crew. But this is wano, we are entering the end stage of the series, why the hell should any more characters be shoehorned into the straw hat crew? Oda has a hard enough time as it is giving the current cast enough time, why add more?

And specifically, why Yamato? For a future straw hat, Oda really dropped the ball with her. He could have easily introduced her at the beginning of wano and had her play a bigger role in the arc, yet she was only introduced in act 3. What's more is that she has no real dream, apart form leaving wano, and she honestly seems too powerful to join the crew. I mean a mythical zoan? She was able to fight 1v1 with kaido, I don't think the straw hats need someone that strong.

At least for Oden, he served a purpose. Roger needed someone who could read the poneglyphs, which oden could. What role is there on the crew that demands Yamato's inclusion?

Personally, I think it would be better if she just joined Law's crew. Law seemingly has a close relationship with momonosuke and the scabbards. At the moment, it seems like Shinobu will use her powers to permanently turn Momo into an adult. This effectively decreases Momo's lifespan and traps him in the body of an adult when he is still just a boy. Given how much he knows, I'm willing to bet Law knows what Jewelry Bonney can do and hence will probably follow down Corazon's footsteps, taking momo aboard his crew and helping him become a boy again by finding jewelry bonney.
If this is where Momonosuke goes, Yamato, who has become an unofficial retainer of Momo's, would likely follow suit. This would also have the effect of giving Law something of a decent crew. Out of the 3 top supernova captains, Luffy, Law, and Kid, Law has the most underwhelming crew; so I think yamato and Momonosuke would be a good fit.
I completely disagree Yamato is too strong or powerful to join the crew that has Luffy Zoro and now Sanji who will be taking on 1.3 billion Queen.

The thing about the straw hat crew that y'all don't get, is that it is a very tightly nit group of characters and just because a character is friends with Luffy or whatever doesn't mean they are going to join the crew.
She's not even friends with Luffy either lol.

She's just a random ally. Luffy cares about Yamao as much as he cares about someone like X Drake.

But I agree with most of your points in general. Only that I think she's going with Momo, not Law.

She's not even friends with Luffy either lol.

She's just a random ally. Luffy cares about Yamao as much as he cares about someone like X Drake.

But I agree with most of your points in general. Only that I think she's going with Momo, not Law.
yeah but I think momo's arc from here on out will revolve around him trying to find bonney, I think he could sail with Law to do that