Character Discussion Yamato's Desire to Face Kaido

How will Yamato vs Kaido play out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Disclaimer
I tag a lot of people for my posts. If you want to be removed from my tag lists, let me know. Likewise, if you want to be added.

Introduction
Ever since her debut in chapter 983, Yamato has repeatedly expressed a desire to face Kaido in combat. This is something that I feel is underappreciated as the fanbase as largely been dismissive of the prospects of a Yamato vs Kaido fight. I've seen many opinions on this such as:
  • Yamato's true opponent is Jack.
  • Yamato will only have an emotional confrontation with Kaido and not actually fight it.
  • Yamato will only play emotional support for Luffy during his fight with Kaido.
  • Yamato will serve as rage fuel for Luffy after he sees Kaido defeat her.

Admittedly, I was also initially distrustful of Yamato's prospects of a battle with Kaido given Oden's prophecy of the New Generation, but as subsequent chapters reaffirmed Yamato's commitment to facing Kaido, I reevaluated my position. I now endorse the position that Yamato will get a full fledged battle with Kaido (and actually put up somewhat of a fight against him). Sadly, this position seems to be held by only a tiny minority of the fanbase.

This thread is my attempt to at least make the case that Yamato and Kaido will have a full fledged battle. How much of a fight Yamato could put up against Kaido might be addressed in a subsequent thread or left alone if I don't feel I have any special insight to provide on the topic.

Yamato's Desire to Fight Kaido
Below are all the instances I'm aware of, where Yamato indicated that she wants to face Kaido in combat.

She declares that she wants to open up Wano and fight on his side:

She laments that she wanted to set out to sea with Ace and his friends but she couldn't because Kaido has imprisoned her since she was eight on pain of death:

Luffy questions her resolve, saying that fighting alongside him will mean seeing him whoop Kaido. Yamato asserts that she wishes she could do it herself. She states that Kaido has beaten her several times since childhood and ensured that she always paid the price for challenging him:

She speaks fondly and approvingly of Ace (a man who came to kill her father). He's the only one she's called friend:

She tells Luffy to hurry that they need to help finish Kaido off:

When the Beast Pirates try to recruit her to assist them, she states that she's not on their side anymore. Without remorse, she declares "Let my Father die":

When Luffy says that he didn't come to beat Kaido, she questions him:

She had offered her assistance to Luffy under the impression that he came to defeat Kaido, declaring that she will fulfil Oden's unfinished will to open up Wano:

She expresses worry for Luffy and declares that she wants a chance to beat Kaido as well:

Chapter 1012 was named "Itch":

Momonosuke comments that Yamato was itching to fight (Kaido):

Yamato inquires about Luffy's condition. Momonosuke replies that he is weakened but still in good shape. He notifies her that Luffy is facing Kaido by himself. Upon realising that it's a One vs One, Yamato comments that she must hurry to assist him:

Conclusions
Yamato appears to have multiple reasons for her desire to face Kaido:
  1. She wants to fulfil Oden's will to open up Wano.
  2. He imprisoned her on Onigashima for 20 years and kept her from fulfilling her dreams.
  3. She wants payback for decades of abuse.
  4. She's disowned him as a Father because he was willing to kill her.
  5. She declared "let my father die".
  6. She wants to assist Luffy on the Rooftop.

Given the extensive build-up for Yamato to face Kaido in combat, I think her battle with Kaido is more or less set in stone.

I feel like those who are dismissive of the prospects of a full fledged battle between Yamato and Kaido are similar to those who claimed that Zoro will never see Kaido let alone fight him. Just as there was no build up for Zoro to face King instead of Kaido, there has been no build up for Yamato to face Jack instead of Kaido. Whether she faces Jack or not, Kaido will be Yamato's main battle in this arc.

Her entire character arc since her introduction as being building up towards her impending battle with Kaido. Dismiss the narrative at your own peril.

Last edited:
Spoiler Alert !!!

His soul's escaping, through this hole that is gaping ---> Kaido's Scar
This world is mine for the taking ---> Kaido's Goal
Make me king, as we move toward a New World Order ---> New Onigashima Project
A normal life is borin', but super stardom's close to post mortem ---> Kaido's Personality
It only grows harder, only grows hotter ---> Kaido's Powers
He blows, it's all over, these hoes is all on him ---> Yamato Arrives & Stops Kaido's Attack
Coast to coast shows, he's known as the Globetrotter ---> Onigashima Flying or Reaching Wano Capital
Lonely roads, God only knows, he's grown farther from home, he's no father ---> Kaido vs Yamato Drama
He goes home and barely knows his own daughter ---> Kaido vs Yamato Intensifies
But hold your nose 'cause here goes the cold water ---> Kaido in Water (Reveal of his Fish DF)
These hoes don't want him no mo', he's cold product ---> Kaido vs Yamato Ends
They moved on to the next schmo who flows, he nose dove and sold nada ---> Kaido Victorious & starts Next Phase of his Plan
So the soap opera is told and unfolds, I suppose it's old partna, but the beat goes on ---> End of Act 3 with Tragedy

Lose Yourself from Eminem (Oda's Favorite Singer)

Disclaimer
I tag a lot of people for my posts. If you want to be removed from my tag lists, let me know. Likewise, if you want to be added.

Introduction
Ever since her debut in chapter 983, Yamato has repeatedly expressed a desire to face Kaido in combat. This is something that I feel is underappreciated as the fanbase as largely been dismissive of the prospects of a Yamato vs Kaido fight. I've seen many opinions on this such as:
  • Yamato will only have an emotional confrontation with Kaido and not actually fight it.
  • Yamato will only play emotional support for Luffy during his fight with Kaido.

Admittedly, I was also initially distrustful of Yamato's prospects of a battle with Kaido given Oden's prophecy of the New Generation, but as subsequent chapters reaffirmed Yamato's commitment to facing Kaido, I reevaluated my position. I now endorse the position that Yamato will get a full fledged battle with Kaido (and actually put up somewhat of a fight against him). Sadly, this position seems to be held by only a tiny minority of the fanbase.

This thread is my attempt to at least make the case that Yamato and Kaido will have a full fledged battle. How much of a fight Yamato could put up against Kaido might be addressed in a subsequent thread or left alone if I don't feel I have any special insight to provide on the topic.

Below are all the instance I'm aware of, where Yamato indicated that she wants to face Kaido in combat.

Luffy asks Yamato if she really wants to fight on their side, that doing so will mean seeing him whoop Kaido. Yamato asserts that she wishes she could do it herself. She states that Kaido has beaten her several times since childhood and ensured that she always paid the price for challenging him:

She speaks fondly and approvingly of Ace (a man who came to kill her father). He's the only one she's called friend:

When the Beast Pirates try to recruit her to assist them, she states that she's not on their side anymore. Without remorse, she declares "Let my Father die":

She had offered her assistance to Luffy under the impression that he came to defeat Kaido, declaring that she will fulfil Oden's unfinished will to open up Wano:

She expresses worry for Luffy and declares that she wants a chance to beat Kaido as well:

Yamato inquires about Luffy's condition. Momonosuke replies that he is weakened but still in good shape. He notifies her that Luffy is facing Kaido by himself. Upon realising that it's a One vs One, Yamato comments that she must hurry to assist him:

Conclusions
  • She wants payback for decades of abuse.
  • She's disowned him as a Father because he was willing to kill her.
  • She wants to fulfill Oden's will to open up Wano.
  • She wants to assist Luffy on the Rooftop.

Given the extensive build up for Yamato to face Kaido in combat, I think her battle with Kaido is more or less set in stone.

I feel like those who are dismissive of the prospects of a full fledged battle between Yamato and Kaido are similar to those who claimed that Zoro will never see Kaido let alone fight him. Just as there was no build up for Zoro to face King instead of Kaido, there has been no build up for Yamato to face Jack instead of Kaido. Whether she faces Jack or not, Kaido will be Yamato's main battle in this arc.

Her entire character arc since her introduction as being building up towards her impending battle with Kaido. Dismiss the narrative at your own peril.

@Afroking
@Aknolagon
@Artorias
@bblue
@Benn beck
@bennbeckman
@BidaPowersTV
@Bittersteel
@Bogard
@Buggy D Clown
@Bullet
@Camie
@Celestial D. Dragon
@Chaves
@Cinera
@comrade
@Constantine
@Crooc
@Cross_Marian
@Cyrus the Cactus
@Dark Hound
@Dark Knight Sanji
@DarkWitch
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Don DaSlayer
@Dr. Spook
@DynaMight
@Elcadar
@Emperor
@Enma
@Fenaker
@Finalbeta
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@Flower
@Fn Lucci
@Foxy Bunny
@Fukki
@Garp the Fist
@Garps tekkai
@Gauntlet
@Gensui Sazid
@Geo
@Gol D. Roger
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@Greenbeard
@Grumpy Zoro
@Guan Yu
@Guymieux
@h_zorothegoat
@HA001
@HAJIKATA
@Hanzo hattori
@Haoshoku
@HeroesNZ
@Himura
@I'mTired
@Ice devil slayer
@IceWitch
@Im_not_Osama_bin_laden
@Jack
@Jackteo
@Jew D. Boy
@JioFreed
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KageyamaShoyo
@Kejon
@KenshiraSonata
@KINGKONGGUN15
@KiriNigiri
@Kiwipom
@Kuro Ashi
@kurwa
@Light D Lamperouge
@Lucas
@Luffy bin Dragon
@Luffy is the mc
@LuffyMazino
@Luslec
@luthonthedragdown
@Marco
@Marimo_420
@MarimoHeado
@MarineHQ62
@MasterD
@matt245
@Midnight Delight
@Mikail
@Monet
@Monkey D Theories
@Monster trio
@MonsterZoro
@Mr. Anderson
@Murilo
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@nik87
@Oblivion
@OmegaPsyche
@Orojackson Refugee
@Parker
@Patryipe
@pedxi
@PerfectHie
@PizzaBread
@playa4321
@Princeley
@Punpun
@Queen
@RayanOO
@Reborn
@Reddot4
@rednose
@ReggieZoldyck21
@rerere
@Rivaille
@Robin swan
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Rukusho
@RyumaZoro
@RZ.119
@Sade
@SaintBellkin
@Sakazuki-Singh
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@Salah WG
@Sanji D Cook
@Sentinel
@Seth
@Shadowlord123
@ShadyOjiro
@SHIHI
@ShinmenTakezo
@Shiroyru
@ShishioIsBack
@silverfire
@SinOfGreed
@Skiddo
@SmokedOut
@Soleus
@solis
@spawn
@Starbound Beast D. Draig
@stormylife
@style
@Sunita
@Sword God Ryuma
@T.D.A
@Tamerani
@Tenshi No Konan
@Ten Yaksha Blother
@Thabeast
@Tobi
@Topi Jerami
@Trafalgar_D_Law
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Van
@Veljko
@Vonal
@WillOfMyD
@Winsmoke Sanji
@worst pirate
@Xione
@Xlaw
@yj
@Yo Tan Wa
@yorosenpai
@Yukihime
@yunzabit heights
@Zenos7
@ZenZu
@Zoro
@Zoro D Goat
@ZoroIsOverrated
@zorojurou
@ZoroSlaysDragonTuna
@Zowo
Who gives a shit about Yamato bro
ZKK >>> Oden wanna be Cartoon

Disclaimer

Introduction

Below are all the instance I'm aware of, where Yamato indicated that she wants to face Kaido in combat.

Luffy asks Yamato if she really wants to fight on their side, that doing so will mean seeing him whoop Kaido. Yamato asserts that she wishes she could do it herself. She states that Kaido has beaten her several times since childhood and ensured that she always paid the price for challenging him:

Conclusions
  • She wants payback for decades of abuse.
  • She's disowned him as a Father because he was willing to kill her.
  • She wants to fulfill Oden's will to open up Wano.
  • She wants to assist Luffy on the Rooftop.

Given the extensive build up for Yamato to face Kaido in combat, I think her battle with Kaido is more or less set in stone.

@Afroking
@Aknolagon
@Artorias
@bblue
@Benn beck
@bennbeckman
@BidaPowersTV
@Bittersteel
@Bogard
@Buggy D Clown
@Bullet
@Camie
@Celestial D. Dragon
@Chaves
@Cinera
@comrade
@Constantine
@Crooc
@Cross_Marian
@Cyrus the Cactus
@Dark Hound
@Dark Knight Sanji
@DarkWitch
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Don DaSlayer
@Dr. Spook
@DynaMight
@Elcadar
@Emperor
@Enma
@Fenaker
@Finalbeta
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@Flower
@Fn Lucci
@Foxy Bunny
@Fukki
@Garp the Fist
@Garps tekkai
@Gauntlet
@Gensui Sazid
@Geo
@Gol D. Roger
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@Greenbeard
@Grumpy Zoro
@Guan Yu
@Guymieux
@h_zorothegoat
@HA001
@HAJIKATA
@Hanzo hattori
@Haoshoku
@HeroesNZ
@Himura
@I'mTired
@Ice devil slayer
@IceWitch
@Im_not_Osama_bin_laden
@Jack
@Jackteo
@Jew D. Boy
@JioFreed
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KageyamaShoyo
@Kejon
@KenshiraSonata
@KINGKONGGUN15
@KiriNigiri
@Kiwipom
@Kuro Ashi
@kurwa
@Light D Lamperouge
@Lucas
@Luffy bin Dragon
@Luffy is the mc
@LuffyMazino
@Luslec
@luthonthedragdown
@Marco
@Marimo_420
@MarimoHeado
@MarineHQ62
@MasterD
@matt245
@Midnight Delight
@Mikail
@Monet
@Monkey D Theories
@Monster trio
@MonsterZoro
@Mr. Anderson
@Murilo
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@nik87
@Oblivion
@OmegaPsyche
@Orojackson Refugee
@Parker
@Patryipe
@pedxi
@PerfectHie
@PizzaBread
@playa4321
@Princeley
@Punpun
@Queen
@RayanOO
@Reborn
@Reddot4
@rednose
@ReggieZoldyck21
@rerere
@Rivaille
@Robin swan
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Rukusho
@RyumaZoro
@RZ.119
@Sade
@SaintBellkin
@Sakazuki-Singh
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@Salah WG
@Sanji D Cook
@Sentinel
@Seth
@Shadowlord123
@ShadyOjiro
@SHIHI
@ShinmenTakezo
@Shiroyru
@ShishioIsBack
@silverfire
@SinOfGreed
@Skiddo
@SmokedOut
@Soleus
@solis
@spawn
@Starbound Beast D. Draig
@stormylife
@style
@Sunita
@Sword God Ryuma
@T.D.A
@Tamerani
@Tenshi No Konan
@Ten Yaksha Blother
@Thabeast
@Tobi
@Topi Jerami
@Trafalgar_D_Law
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Van
@Veljko
@Vonal
@WillOfMyD
@Winsmoke Sanji
@worst pirate
@Xione
@Xlaw
@yj
@Yo Tan Wa
@yorosenpai
@Yukihime
@yunzabit heights
@Zenos7
@ZenZu
@Zoro
@Zoro D Goat
@ZoroIsOverrated
@zorojurou
@ZoroSlaysDragonTuna
@Zowo
i agree to this.. but remember.. she had been considered a minor threat according to All stars and they'd prioritize momo over her.. i bet they have been with Kaido for long enough to gauge how strong or how much of a threat Yamato is..

or it might just be an indirect wank to the All stars that consider Yamato to be a minor problem in the grand scheme of things.

regardless i expect alot from her against kaido...in terms of strength but i have a feeling that kaido will play around with her..

we might even get to know who's her Mother

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Who gives a shit about Yamato bro
ZKK >>> Oden wanna be Cartoon
I'm not debating Zoro on here until ZKK. Most of my fandom energy would be going towards Yamato till then.

I can't see it but maybe she will help some of the other strawhats not on the roof :moonwalk:
Why would she abandon assisting Luffy and fighting Kaido to assist the Strawhats elsewhere?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
she had been considered a minor threat according to All stars
I don't recall this ever happening?
:choppawhat:

and they'd prioritize momo over her..
They prioritised Momo over Luffy. Killing Momo ends the war.

i bet they have been with Kaido for long enough to gauge how strong or how much of a threat Yamato is..
None of the All Stars have met Yamato in Onigashima.

we might even get to know who's her Mother
I'd hope so. I half expect it to be Linlin.

I have even a theory that Yamato could die
Why?
:choppawhat:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
I didn’t realize you liked Yamato that much @Cinera but as usual nice essay love reading them.
She's my #2 after Zoro.

I also wonder if she were to fight Kaido can she even harm him ?
I feel like Yamato will be as strong as the narrative requires her to be.

If Oda wants Yamato vs Kaido to be an epic father vs son confrontation, I think he'll make Yamato strong enough to grant that.