Controversial You are writing a story and you are trying to write your best character, who will he/she be similar to?

You can use series If you want but since its mostly animanga forum im using animanga characters

im writing my best character, he will be very similar to Garp/Jiraiya
God i love these badasses, the way their arc ended and went out
How they arent perfect human beings and have flaws in morality , but still very love able.
My perfect/best character would really be similar to these two.

I think the character must fit the story. Even Holden (from catcher in the r) is a good character even though he is super shit- as paradoxical as it may sound.

Most characters that I love could be considered antagonists. If I have to choose one as a example it would be:

Miles Quaritch from the Original Avatar. The guy was a tough but fair commander that actually tried to do his best for the people under him but also a asshole to those that pissed him off. He went out of his way to help Jack before the traitor betrayed humans for some Xenos and went out like a boss. I didn't watch the second movie to not destroy the image of this character in my mind since I know it has more woke bullshit than before.

This kinda character is actually amazing when written right because you can see why he acts like he does.

If it is protagonists, maybe someone with the same style and mentality as Frank Underwood from House of Cards (before Hale started working on the show and fucked things up with her poor decisions and attempts to make her shit character stand out). Someone willing to do everything for his objectives, including murder, but most willing to plot and scheme to get things done.

Myself.

Look at James Joyce and all the best authors. Moby dick, etc. They all draw heavily on their own experiences.

Granted in each other these stories the MC doesn’t necessarily take center stage, especially in moldy dick.

Maka Albarn from Soul Eater and Tanjiro Kamado from Demon Slayer.
Earnest and good hearted characters who aren't afraid to do what they have to do to protect the ones they care about.