Future Events Your Wildest Hopes for Zoro This Arc

Which of these do you expect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Chapter 1002 surpassed the wildest expectations of even the most outlandish of Zoro fans (@ShishioIsBack and @nik87 can attest to this); none of us expected that Zoro will demonstrate the offensive prowess to terrify two Yonkou with an Ittoryu technique.

It has been a common claim of some Zoro fans (I'm looking at you @Rivaille) that Oda is the biggest wanker of us all. Let's put that to the test.

For epistemic honesty reasons, I want the Zoro fanbase to record our most outlandish Zoro expectations for the remainder of this arc. I'll list mine in increasing order of absurdity.
  • Kaido explicitly acknowledges Zoro as a Samurai on par with Oden
  • Big Mom praises Zoro's prowess as a swordsman
    • The implication is that Zoro receives extraordinary praise for his swordsmanship from Mama. Last chapter's "you really underestimated him" doesn't qualify:
    • I want something more
  • Zoro cuts lightning
  • Zoro receives a second O Wazamono
  • Zoro copies at least one of Big Mom's sword techniques
  • Zoro overpowers Big Mom in a clash
  • Zoro overpowers Kaido in a clash
  • Zoro bisects Onigashima
  • Zoro lands the final blow on Kaido
  • Zoro turns Enma Black
  • Zoro slays Kaido

I'll add a poll with my outlandish expectations and any other suggestions that I find appealing later.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
zoro uses asura silver mist on ikoku :steef::steef::steef::steef:
No need, Hiryuu Kaen is already above Ikkoku.
:goyea:

I already have Zoro overpowering Big Mom, so I don't think I need to add an option for Zoro neutralising a specific Big Mom attack (besides, he's neutralised 3 attacks from the two Yonkou already).

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Kaido saying that Zoro is on par or surpassed Oden

Zoro destroying onigashima
I have Kaido recognising Zoro as on par with Oden and Zoro bisecting Onigashima in the poll. Do you mean something different by "Zoro destroys Onigashima"?
:choppawhat:

I meat like what he did to kaku's flying slash where it evaporated
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I don't want it though. I want Asura to be far more powerful than Ikkoku. If Zoro is neutralising a Big Mom attack with Asura, it needs to be her very best Napoleon technique.

I have Kaido recognising Zoro as on par with Oden and Zoro bisecting Onigashima in the poll. Do you mean something different by "Zoro destroys Onigashima"?
:choppawhat:

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I don't want it though. I want Asura to be far more powerful than Ikkoku. If Zoro is neutralising a Big Mom attack with Asura, it needs to be her very best Napoleon technique.
Nah i meant the same thing haha

Zoro cutting onigashima

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
β€Ž
Kaido explicitly acknowledges Zoro as a Samurai on par with Oden
I would think it’s guaranteed that Kaido would acknowledge both Zoro and Luffy as being above Oden. Seeing as how they’re going to defeat him lol.

Zoro copies at least one of Big Mom's sword techniques
She doesn’t really have any. Her only sword technique was shown by Dorry and Broggy 20 years ago.

Anyway, wildest expectations? Lol, I guess mine would be:

-Kaido or Big Mom either explicitly compares Zoro to Shanks or Mihawk, or otherwise states that Zoro may be as strong/stronger than either of them
-Kaido states that Zoro has surpassed Oden (but like I said above, I think this is guaranteed to happen whether or not Kaido acknowledges it)
-Zoro beheads Kaido
-King comes to the roof and Zoro defeats him in one blow

Zoro overpowering Kaido wouldn’t be all that impressive to me as Kaido mathematically is nowhere near as strong as some of the other top tiers we’ve seen. Zoro could slice his Kanabo in half and I wouldn’t be impressed. But Zoro wounding Kaido in any real way would be extremely impressive to me.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
β€Ž
The wildest one is obviously Zoro actually killing Kaido. No matter how all the set up is there- and it is there- it would still be a massive shock for Oda to actually go through with it and have one of his protagonists cut off someone’s head.

I don’t think Zoro will interact all that much with Big Mom, maybe a brief swordfight. The two don’t have anything really connecting each other except for the fact that they’re both in the same fight.

He’s certain to get Kaido to ackn that there is, in fact, another samurai of Oden’s calibur.

Enma becoming a black blade, I expect to happen here. There’s no one more perfect for Zoro to turn Enma into a black blade against than the dragon Kaido.

Cutting Kaido’s kanabo or Mt Fuji i can put in the category of β€œwould be cool, not bothered if it happens or not though.” I care more about cutting people who actually fight back.