Future Events Your Wildest Hopes for Zoro This Arc

Which of these do you expect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

๐€๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Œ๐š๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ง๐ง๐ฒ ๐๐ž๐ญ
โ€Ž
Chapter 1002 surpassed the wildest expectations of even the most outlandish of Zoro fans (@ShishioIsBack and @nik87 can attest to this); none of us expected that Zoro will demonstrate the offensive prowess to terrify two Yonkou with an Ittoryu technique.

It has been a common claim of some Zoro fans (I'm looking at you @Rivaille) that Oda is the biggest wanker of us all. Let's put that to the test.

For epistemic honesty reasons, I want the Zoro fanbase to record our most outlandish Zoro expectations for the remainder of this arc. I'll list mine in increasing order of absurdity.
  • Kaido explicitly acknowledges Zoro as a Samurai on par with Oden
  • Big Mom praises Zoro's prowess as a swordsman
    • The implication is that Zoro receives extraordinary praise for his swordsmanship from Mama. Last chapter's "you really underestimated him" doesn't qualify:
    • I want something more
  • Zoro cuts lightning
  • Zoro receives a second O Wazamono
  • Zoro copies at least one of Big Mom's sword techniques
  • Zoro overpowers Big Mom in a clash
  • Zoro overpowers Kaido in a clash
  • Zoro bisects Onigashima
  • Zoro lands the final blow on Kaido
  • Zoro turns Enma Black
  • Zoro slays Kaido

I'll add a poll with my outlandish expectations and any other suggestions that I find appealing later.

Cinera

๐€๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Œ๐š๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ง๐ง๐ฒ ๐๐ž๐ญ
โ€Ž
zoro uses asura silver mist on ikoku :steef::steef::steef::steef:
No need, Hiryuu Kaen is already above Ikkoku.
:goyea:

I already have Zoro overpowering Big Mom, so I don't think I need to add an option for Zoro neutralising a specific Big Mom attack (besides, he's neutralised 3 attacks from the two Yonkou already).

Cinera

โ€Ž
Kaido saying that Zoro is on par or surpassed Oden

Zoro destroying onigashima
I have Kaido recognising Zoro as on par with Oden and Zoro bisecting Onigashima in the poll. Do you mean something different by "Zoro destroys Onigashima"?
:choppawhat:

I meat like what he did to kaku's flying slash where it evaporated
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I don't want it though. I want Asura to be far more powerful than Ikkoku. If Zoro is neutralising a Big Mom attack with Asura, it needs to be her very best Napoleon technique.

I have Kaido recognising Zoro as on par with Oden and Zoro bisecting Onigashima in the poll. Do you mean something different by "Zoro destroys Onigashima"?
:choppawhat:

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I don't want it though. I want Asura to be far more powerful than Ikkoku. If Zoro is neutralising a Big Mom attack with Asura, it needs to be her very best Napoleon technique.
Nah i meant the same thing haha

Zoro cutting onigashima

Cinera

โ€Ž

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
Kaido explicitly acknowledges Zoro as a Samurai on par with Oden
I would think itโ€™s guaranteed that Kaido would acknowledge both Zoro and Luffy as being above Oden. Seeing as how theyโ€™re going to defeat him lol.

Zoro copies at least one of Big Mom's sword techniques
She doesnโ€™t really have any. Her only sword technique was shown by Dorry and Broggy 20 years ago.

Anyway, wildest expectations? Lol, I guess mine would be:

-Kaido or Big Mom either explicitly compares Zoro to Shanks or Mihawk, or otherwise states that Zoro may be as strong/stronger than either of them
-Kaido states that Zoro has surpassed Oden (but like I said above, I think this is guaranteed to happen whether or not Kaido acknowledges it)
-Zoro beheads Kaido
-King comes to the roof and Zoro defeats him in one blow

Zoro overpowering Kaido wouldnโ€™t be all that impressive to me as Kaido mathematically is nowhere near as strong as some of the other top tiers weโ€™ve seen. Zoro could slice his Kanabo in half and I wouldnโ€™t be impressed. But Zoro wounding Kaido in any real way would be extremely impressive to me.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
โ€Ž
The wildest one is obviously Zoro actually killing Kaido. No matter how all the set up is there- and it is there- it would still be a massive shock for Oda to actually go through with it and have one of his protagonists cut off someoneโ€™s head.

I donโ€™t think Zoro will interact all that much with Big Mom, maybe a brief swordfight. The two donโ€™t have anything really connecting each other except for the fact that theyโ€™re both in the same fight.

Heโ€™s certain to get Kaido to ackn that there is, in fact, another samurai of Odenโ€™s calibur.

Enma becoming a black blade, I expect to happen here. Thereโ€™s no one more perfect for Zoro to turn Enma into a black blade against than the dragon Kaido.

Cutting Kaidoโ€™s kanabo or Mt Fuji i can put in the category of โ€œwould be cool, not bothered if it happens or not though.โ€ I care more about cutting people who actually fight back.

Cinera

โ€Ž
Lol, I just realised that I didn't even think of adding "Zoro reopens Oden's Scar".
:yasu:

After last chapter, even giving Kaido a new scar doesn't even register.

Last edited: