Powers & Abilities Zoan Form Fake Hype

The Goal of this thread is to put better clarity on full Zoan form specifically. Lets start with Pre timeskip.. When was it shown at anypoint in the manga that the Zoan
Transformation matters other than as mean of transportation? Never

Even Chopper's Animal form is merely utilized as a walking form. Brain point and his Human point are the most significant forms, for example he wouldn't need brain point if his reindeer form could do the trick. In short, he's limited in his walking point.

Lucci's Zoan form was used to bite Luffy once, then never again. He fought the most in his Human and Hybrid form.

It's only fairly recently that the full Zoan forms have been depicted as a fighting power with the Beast pirates, Kaido's mythical Dragon form and all his strongest subordinates with Ancient Zoan forms, Dinosaurs.. Of course the dinosaurs were the strongest and largest creatures that ever existed on earth, so our current daily animals wouldn't stand a chance against them, just like in this example.

However in One Piece, bigger and stronger doesn't necessarly relate to greater, here Dorry behead a brontosaurus with no difficulty..

The mighty Elbaf warrior Giant Dorry would make quick work of Queen in his Brachiosarurus Zoan form have an overwhelming advantage against Queen's Zoan form.

Ancient Zoan forms are overrated and i will give you many evidences that support this very point..
Beginning with Kaido, he's a mythical Zoan not an Ancient Zoan but its a higher tier.. His first encounter with Luffy he tanked gear 3 elephant gatling gun in Dragon form, then he turned back in his Human form to tank a stronger attack which is gear 4 Kong gatling(organ) gun. If Kaido stayed in Dragon form, he would have received damage and wouldn't have been able to defeat Luffy.

Another instance is when Kaido fought the Scabbards, Oda gave them their time to shine and after Kaido went in his Human form to defeat them easily off screen..

Then if we come back on the fact that Marco's Zoan form was useless at Marineford versus on Onigashima, he's exclusively able to fight in that form against other Zoans in their animal or dinosaur form.

Continuing with the Calamity Jack, on Zou similar to Kaido's Dragon form he started in his Zoan Mammoth form then when Nekomamushi went serious on him he transformed back in his Fishman(base) form. Nekomamushi mentioned that Inuarashi was going easy on Jack.

There are inconsistencies to note though concerning the Zoan form since Oda didn't want to reveal the Hybrid form such as the Oden vs Kaido fight or Jack vs Neko Inu Sulong fight.

One more sign that indicate the Zoan form to be the weakest is Marco couldn't repel Big Mom's ship in his Zoan form, he had to use a Named attack in Hybrid form while King casually kicked the ship in his Pteranodon with NO Named attack. It also suggest that Marco has no Named attack in his Zoan form, which is the case for most Zoan forms.

More minor examples, Yamato was about to transform when SaSaki started to pull out his Blade, when Jinbei WsW started their fight WhosWho was in Zoan form and in a recent chapter he's fighting Jinbei in his Human form implyng he was forced to do it to keep on par..

Page One could be the one exception to the rule as we have not witnessed him fight in Human form and he doesn't seem to be the fighter type. He has yet to show armament Haki and observation Haki(unclear), so it's a possibility that his base human form is his weakest for him in particular.

Now, i'm ending this post with a wild speculation that goes like this, Zoan Devil Fruit users in their Zoan form Can't Manipulate Haki..

Last edited:
Good write up. I agree that zoan forms exist basically to jobber so that character’s can switch and turn the tide of the fight. The last bit on haki is very interesting. Someone may be able to find a panel of a zoan form using haki but I can’t think of a single time off the top my head. If so that’s a really good observation and it would explain so much. I’m accepting it as my headcannon at least until someone debunks it.

If zoan form was trash oda wouldn’t make it the way to hype oden ;he didn’t even let him scar base Laido meaning he thinks injuring zoan is more impressive
Kiku almost chopped base Laido hand off

If it was trash queen would fight big mom in his base.

if it was trash we should have seen page 1 fight in base.

hybird > zoan & base

BUT who cares here when kin can tank Laido ultimate attack or when ussop can walk casually after ulti shattered his skull or when samurai got up after Laido “killed “ then or or or…

Good write up. I agree that zoan forms exist basically to jobber so that character’s can switch and turn the tide of the fight. The last bit on haki is very interesting. Someone may be able to find a panel of a zoan form using haki but I can’t think of a single time off the top my head. If so that’s a really good observation and it would explain so much. I’m accepting it as my headcannon at least until someone debunks it.
Thanks, well its ambiguous but Page One might have used Observation Haki there.
Chapter 983

As for armament Haki i'm not aware of anyone whos used it in their Zoan form.

If zoan form was trash oda wouldn’t make it the way to hype oden ;he didn’t even let him scar base Laido meaning he thinks injuring zoan is more impressive
Kiku almost chopped base Laido hand off

If it was trash queen would fight big mom in his base.

if it was trash we should have seen page 1 fight in base.

hybird > zoan & base

BUT who cares here when kin can tank Laido ultimate attack or when ussop can walk casually after ulti shattered his skull or when samurai got up after Laido “killed “ then or or or…
All you have in your mouth is the word trash or what... Zoan form being the lower of the 3 doesn't make it weak.

I've written in my comment that there are plot inconcistencies, and Oden vs Kaido is one of them as the finishing blow from Kaido was in Human form, the same as the scabbards.

She pierced his hand how is that chopping someone's hand off.
For Page One i said that he might not be a fighter.
And for Queen, you wouldn't want to spoil his fighting style and abilities in base form just like Hybrid.

The last line i speculate that you can't use Haki in Zoan form. They are roughly the same type of dinosaur, Queen might be tougher because he's mechanically enhanced but he's still just a dinosaur in his Zoan form at the end of the day.
This is something that has me debating if it’s possible for zoan forms to lack armament because while we see them get beat up a lot they handle the damage really well even from haki laced attacks. So that alone might debunk it unless zoan forms are incredibly naturally tanky.

jabura confirmed that kaku gained a lot of muscle mass majorly increasing the power of his techniques.

zoan DF definitely give a lot of necessary advantages, like super human strength/speed/durability/recovery/mobility...

you can use haki in zoan form it's just that oda doesn't know how to handle haki in general.

a weak person will find every form better than the base.

hybrid remains the most battle efficient form.

zoan forms with big sizes can be devastating for the environment and against weak opponents, but against strong ones they're slow and their big size only makes them a larger target.

users who already have god tier durability, power, speed... in human form won't find much use for zoan form or hybrid outside of the the special abilities of the respective animal, like poison damage, natural resistances, flight, regeneration, control over elements, multiple lives, enhanced senses,...

-ulti and page one are trash in human form, we saw ulti in human form using a club/mace and was treated like a child by yamato easily blocking her swings, she needed the strength of her zoan DF to overpower base luffy, and her hybrid fighting style is not different than in zoan form.
-page one admitted that hybrid is his most dangerous form, overpowering sanji's block that stopped judge and a bloodlusted vergo.
-marco never fights in human form.

Lucci's Zoan form was used to bite Luffy once, then never again. He fought the most in his Human and Hybrid form.
Isn't that because Lucci is better at hand to hand combat? Besides that I think oda is just showing us how bloodthirsty lucci's personality is.
Of course the dinosaurs were the strongest and largest creatures that ever existed on earth, so our current daily animals wouldn't stand a chance against them, just like in this example.

So what's the problem?
The mighty Elbaf warrior Giant Dorry would make quick work of Queen in his Brachiosarurus Zoan form.
The problem with this statement is you're comparing a mindless brachiosaurus to queen who is a human/cyborg whatever with a brachiosaurus devil fruit.
Ancient Zoan forms are overrated and i will give you many evidences that support this very point..
Beginning with Kaido, he's a mythical Zoan not an Ancient Zoan but its a higher tier.. His first encounter with Luffy he tanked gear 3 elephant gatling gun in Dragon form, then he turned back in his Human form to tank a stronger attack which is gear 4 Kong gatling(organ) gun. If Kaido stayed in Dragon form, he would have received damage and wouldn't have been able to defeat Luffy.
Kaido saw Luffy as weak I think that's why he turn back into his human form. Other than that he was just drunk wreaking havoc in his dragon form out of frustration.
Kaido fought the Scabbards, Oda gave them their time to shine and after Kaido went in his Human form to defeat them easily off screen..
Where in instance was it stated he needed to go in human form to defeat the scabbards? He already cut off kiku's arm in his dragon form.
Then if we come back on the fact that Marco's Zoan form was useless at Marineford versus on Onigashima
It wasn't useless at Marineford. Hell Kizaru couldn't even tag him in that form only garp manage to do that so far.
he's exclusively able to fight in that form against other Zoans in their animal or dinosaur form.
Of course he could, there's no way two ancient loans user could compete with a mythical Zoan.
Continuing with the Calamity Jack, on Zou similar to Kaido's Dragon form he started in his Zoan Mammoth form then when Nekomamushi went serious on him he transformed back in his Fishman(base) form. Nekomamushi mentioned that Inuarashi was going easy on Jack.
He was flip over on his back it's not like he can just turn himself back over while in full Zoan form.
There are inconsistencies to note though concerning the Zoan form since Oda didn't want to reveal the Hybrid form such as the Oden vs Kaido fight or Jack vs Neko Inu Sulong fight.
There is no inconsistency on the the zoan forms just because he didn't use his hybrid form on Oden doesn't change the fact that Oden cut kaido in his most durable form. Don't get the wrong idea I don't think all Zoans that go into their full animal form are all as durable as kaido dragon form.
One more sign that indicate the Zoan form to be the weakest is Marco couldn't repel Big Mom's ship in his Zoan form
Where you get the notion he couldn't? King could but you're saying Marco can't?
he had to use a Named attack in Hybrid form while King casually kicked the ship in his Pteranodon with NO Named attack.
Again with the name attacks really?:seriously: Marco just basically did the same thing what king did who cares if it's named or not. Phoenix brand is just a casual attack with his talon just like Luffy's pistol or bullet are just regular punches it really isn't a big deal.

when Jinbei WsW started their fight WhosWho was in Zoan form and in a recent chapter he's fighting Jinbei in his Human form implyng he was forced to do it to keep on par..
That's just speculation.

I marvel at the logic here. Acting as if the kind of animal isn't a factor. Wow what a shock those people who turn into big heavy animals use them to fight while those who turn into small animals don't. Call CNN

Isn't that because Lucci is better at hand to hand combat? Besides that I think oda is just showing us how bloodthirsty lucci's personality is.
So you don't believe that Lucci Zoan form is irrelevant when any Zoan forms have been inconsequential pre timeskip?

The problem with this statement is you're comparing a mindless brachiosaurus to queen who is a human/cyborg whatever with a brachiosaurus devil fruit.
Yes you're right there i wasn't completely fair, my point is Dorry would have an overwhelming advantage.

Kaido saw Luffy as weak I think that's why he turn back into his human form. Other than that he was just drunk wreaking havoc in his dragon form out of frustration.
As i understand it, you're trying to invalidate the fact that Kaido switched forms to tank a stronger attack, am i correct?

Where in instance was it stated he needed to go in human form to defeat the scabbards? He already cut off kiku's arm in his dragon form.
It wasn't stated anywhere, its implied however that Kaido had to go in Human form to low diff them and couldn't low diff them in Dragon form. About the Dragon form, is it stated anywhere as well that's Kaido's most durable form?

It wasn't useless at Marineford. Hell Kizaru couldn't even tag him in that form only garp manage to do that so far.
It only served as transportation in Marineford not battle, also how could Marco not sense Garp with his observation Haki? It might be one of the many other disparities.

Of course he could, there's no way two ancient loans user could compete with a mythical Zoan.
Yeah, however Marco's mythical Zoan is different than Kaido, Kaido's Dragon is a tank while Marco's Zoan is more directed at intangibility and healing, not strenght. That's why King's Pteranodon could kick Big Mom's ship in his Zoan form and not Marco.

He was flip over on his back it's not like he can just turn himself back over while in full Zoan form.
Jack's not a turtle, he's a Mammoth he can role on his side and get back up. You're ignoring Nekomamushi saying that Inuarashi was going easy on him.

That's just speculation.
Then what's your speculation about Jinbei and WhosWho, why he's fighting him in Human form when he was in Zoan form earlier?

I marvel at the logic here. Acting as if the kind of animal isn't a factor. Wow what a shock those people who turn into big heavy animals use them to fight while those who turn into small animals don't. Call CNN
Yeah, i referenced this point in my post, that's not the whole idea. Bigger and stronger doesn't necessarly mean better in One Piece.

The DF of King is carnivore? I remember Lucci saying that carnivore DF's are stronger.
Yes, King would be considered as a carnivore in the broader sense of the term as they eat fish which are a subset of animals.

If You don't have paramecia or Logia , You got robbed. ( Outside of kaidou and marco sengoku zoans)
Pretty much..

That makes me think if Zoan devil fruits are easier to awaken than paramecia and Logia devil fruit, it could be an upside for their class.

Yes, King would be considered as a carnivore in the broader sense of the term as they eat fish which are a subset of animals.

Pretty much..

That makes me think if Zoan devil fruits are easier to awaken than paramecia and Logia devil fruit, it could be an upside for their class.
Trying to make a hard think about carnivorism I guess P1 and Ulti should be the strongest DF's. Who's Who fits well too. Yamato possibly being either T-Rex or Mythical Tiger too.

My guess is that unless you have CoC if you awake the "demon" inside the fruit will control you. That happened with the jailers. That is why Doffy and Katakuri have CoC and Awakening.

Most of the zoan forms are weaker than base forms especially for powerful characters like kaido as they are not able to use your skills/weapons which makes them weaker like if rob lucci had dragon df then rokushi techniques can't be used in dragon form.....

Some exceptions are king and marco as king can fly at fast speed and impale and has very powerful kicks so its not that much of nerf......also animal marco > base marco as he gets no healing at base..........

Trying to make a hard think about carnivorism I guess P1 and Ulti should be the strongest DF's. Who's Who fits well too. Yamato possibly being either T-Rex or Mythical Tiger too.

My guess is that unless you have CoC if you awake the "demon" inside the fruit will control you. That happened with the jailers. That is why Doffy and Katakuri have CoC and Awakening.
Yeah, size matters too, as Oda gave the calamities with bigger Zoans than the flying six. Mammoth, Brachiosaurus and Pteranodon are all larger than Triceratop or Spinosaurus Page 1 fruit.

Interesting speculation.

Most of the zoan forms are weaker than base forms especially for powerful characters like kaido as they are not able to use your skills/weapons which makes them weaker like if rob lucci had dragon df then rokushi techniques can't be used in dragon form.....

Some exceptions are king and marco as king can fly at fast speed and impale and has very powerful kicks so its not that much of nerf......also animal marco > base marco as he gets no healing at base..........
You bring up a good point, there's no evidence of Marco fighting in Human form either. I should have made a more throughout research.
Yeah, he might not be able to use his regenerative abilities in his base form.

But then again Marco's fruit is weird, maybe he can also change his body parts at will because of his pheonix properties. Or it's related to his awakening. Anyway his powers are very interesting.

I dont think it's fake hype it's just that every zoan person uses there ability a bit different to fit there fighting style, now I do agree with you were as they would turn back into human form to fight but that's applied to the situation there in & it's not like they doesn't have many moves in full zoan mode kaido could have beating luffy easy the first time in full zoan just like at the move his use in roof piece the RS likewise, he just didn't need to use full zoan because they were weak so base wasn't enough. Now when it comes to haki I think the only one's they can use I zoan is Coc or Coo because so far I haven't come cross none that uses coa or Harding even kaido didn't