Future Events Zoro’s final opponent and the location of the fight

Who is Zoro’s final opponent and where the fight will take place ?

• Mihawk in Elbaf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shiryu in Elbaf

• Shiryu in Mary Geoise

• Total voters
Mihawk is the obvious choice but Blackbeard’s crew grows stronger each day and if Blackbeard is supposed to become the most powerful pirate in the world, it would make sense for his first mate to become the strongest swordsman or the main contender for the title. So it’s hard to tell which one will be Zoro’s final opponent, but it has to be one of those two.

I’m leaning more towards Mihawk since I believe the SH will fight Blackbeard in Laugh Tale for the PK title. Before Laugh Tale arc, I think Zoro will have to deal with Fujitora and won’t have the time for a big fight after that (and there’s no way Zoro will defeat Mihawk prior to his fight against an Admiral). That’s why I’d say he will fight him in Mary Geoise, where I believe the final war against the WG will take place.

But there’s also this theory about Mihawk dying at the hands of Shiryu. I think it’s unlikely but it’s a sensible theory and we can’t discard it, especially now that Mihawk is basically Zoro’s master.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I think Mihawk might be only reserved as Kenshin teacher (samurai x seried) before againts last opponent.
Never got this comparison. Hiko wasn't just Kenshin's master, he was the closest thing to a parent for him, raising him and giving him his current name. The battle Kenshin had with Hiko was a symbolic one of moving out of your master's/parent's shadow, and making the style he was taught his own. One where he still values life.

Zoro's and Mihawk's relationship is nothing like that. Zoro trained under Mihawk out of a necessity to help Luffy. And Mihawk represents Zoro's ultimate goal, not a stepping stone.

Edit: Though it doesn't mean Mihawk can't be his second to last opponent. Just pointing out the discrepancy between comparing Ken-san's and Hiko's bout and transposing it onto Zoro and Mihawk.

Last edited:
Literally no other character carries the emotional weight of Zoro winning save for Mihawk. If it wasn't Mihawk, it would entirely shit and ruin on the entire Baratie arc and Mihawk telling him to surpass him.

Anyway, Mihawk is a lone sword that only has ties to Shanks in this series. It was built up since the beginning stages of this story. To me, this is why I know/feel Shanks has always been pent up as Luffy's final fight. Not as an "evil" person, but as an antagonist for something we can't answer yet. Shanks has 10 crew members, and Mihawk could be his 11th ally or crewmember, which matches BBs 11 and Luffy's eventual 11 we know he will achieve.

They are also somewhat matched in strength, going by their previous rivalry. To me, Zoro vs. Mihawk is only secondary to Luffy vs. Shanks, which entirely allows the series to come full circle in Luffy surpassing his mentor/returning the hat.

As for the location, my guess is not Laugh Tale or Mariejois, but somewhere even more hidden/final. I expect Im/BB to fall around the same time (during the final war, Zoro's opponents will be Fuji, Ghandi and Shiryu, as Luffy's would be Akainu, Im and BB), but Shanks to be the final "goal", as well as Mihawk.

Last edited:
Literally no other character carries the emotional weight of Zoro winning save for Mihawk. If it wasn't Mihawk, it would entirely shit and ruin on the entire Baratie arc and Mihawk telling him to surpass him.

Anyway, Mihawk is a lone sword that only has ties to Shanks in this series. It was built up since the beginning stages of this story. To me, this is why I know/feel Shanks has always been pent up as Luffy's final fight. Not as an "evil" person, but as an antagonist for something we can't answer yet. Shanks has 10 crew members, and Mihawk could be his 11th ally or crewmember, which matches BBs 11 and Luffy's eventual 11 we know he will achieve.

They are also somewhat matched in strength, going by their previous rivalry. To me, Zoro vs. Mihawk is only secondary to Luffy vs. Shanks, which entirely allows the series to come full circle in Luffy surpassing his mentor/returning the hat.

As for the location, my guess is not Laugh Tale or Mariejois, but somewhere even more hidden/final. I expect Im/BB to fall around the same time (during the final war, Zoro's opponents will be Fuji, Ghandi and Shiryu, as Luffy's would be Akainu, Im and BB), but Shanks to be the final "goal", as well as Mihawk.
That’s the point though. It’s because it would ruin all this build up about their relationship and their final duel that it could be seen as brilliant writing. Because Shiryu would be seen as the big fuckin cunt that ruined this promised epic confrontation everyone was waiting for, including Zoro. Bad guys in OP are here to destroy people’s dreams and turn everything into a nightmare.

I agree though, I think it’s unlikely to happen but this theory should be seriously taken into consideration.

used to think fuji but he's a good marine
shiryu but I cant see his plotline tied to mihawks anytime soon. if they have any clash with shanks , his matchup is likely beckman.
gandhi is an interesting case
dont know about location but for now
mihawk

I dont know seeing shiryu beats mihawk theory is as weird as seeing bb gets crowned pk first then luffy beats him theory .

That’s the point though. It’s because it would ruin all this build up about their relationship and their final duel that it could be seen as brilliant writing. Because Shiryu would be seen as the big fuckin cunt that ruined this promised epic confrontation everyone was waiting for, including Zoro. Bad guys in OP are here to destroy people’s dreams and turn everything into a nightmare.

I agree though, I think it’s unlikely to happen but this theory should be seriously taken into consideration.
It wouldn't be brilliant writing. It'd be a trope. A villain killing the mentor is the biggest trope used in any story.

Most people think Shanks will be killed by Blackbeard, a villain only introduced in the story several hundred chapters in. BB already took Ace from Luffy indirectly when Ace underestimated him. Shanks doing the same would just be another trope in the story.

Most people also think Shanks is 100% entirely good, to which I disagree especially after his Gorosei conversation. I think he's morally grey, and that tbh is great writing. Making your mentor not who you think he is, but make him likeable enough to give you mixed, emotional feelings about the main character fighting them is excellent writing.

BB isn't an emotional villain. He's the epic one. He's the one everyone wants Luffy to surpass with all his crazy powers. Shanks doesn't have all that, he just has monstrous strength and an important connection to Luffy that's been conceived since the beginning of the story.

As shitty as Naruto was, it's ending was not. It's like Madara, Obito and Kaguya falling, then Naruto vs. Sasuke happening after. That's the only emotionally invested battle people truly had for Narutos ending. BB/Im/Akainu are all like those 3, while Shanks really represents the emotion of an ending as it ties everything back to the beginning.

Last edited: