Speculations Zoro is ready to fight Hawkeyes post Wano

Even going with the lowest level Zoro could perform this arc (defeating King high diff, no rematch with Kaido, no ZKK) I think he stands a chance against Hawkeyes at this point. If he does fight Kaido again it will be a certainty that he could fight Mihawk.

Hawkeyes is currently the world's strongest swordsman, but that doesn't make him the strongest swordsman of all time. Mihawk admitted he wasn't as strong as whitebeard, which proves that Roger>Mihawk no matter how biased you might be. Since Roger was a swordsman, he was likely the strongest swordsman of all time, and thus the one Zoro will ultimately be compared to instead of Mihawk in terms of strength. It could also be Ryuma, but the point still stands that Zoro will have to surpass opponents stronger than Mihawk.

I think people tend to overestimate Mihawk because they see him as Zoro's endgame power level, but I think he is not much stronger than current Zoro, or at least end of Wano Zoro. If Zoro can hold his own against Kaido, who is comparable to oldbeard at least, who Hawkeyes admitted is stronger than him, then he can 100% hold is own against Hawkeyes. Even if he only fights King, I think Hawkeyes is more or less the next level up.

So my prediction is that Zoro's next big fight will be Hawkeyes, but he will continue to grow stronger in order to surpass Roger and Ryuma afterwards. Thoughts?

Mihawk is obviously not his end game fight. Mihawk won't be an enemy EoS.

Zoro will likely have his final dual with Mihawk during Shanks arc.

I don't see Mihawk vs Zoro happening next arc if ZKK or Zoro + team vs Kaido r2 doesn't happen. Zoro needs a fame stepping ladder; he can't go from his current fame level to WSS, it'd look awkward narratively.

With that said, I do think that Zoro will fight Kaido again this arc with or without ZKK, and make his name significantly more feared worldwide. Then Mihawk fight comes around whatever arc is Shanks'

Zoro will have to surpass opponents stronger than Mihawk.
Such as?

I mean surely there are no swordsmen stronger than Mihawk so who do you suggest Zoro fights after Mihawk
Post automatically merged:

Mihawk is obviously not his end game fight. Mihawk won't be an enemy EoS.
@Shanal
Enemy? Was Mihawk Zoro’s Enemy during Baratie?

with context, Mihawk arrived at Baratie to defeat Don Krieg. So technically, Mihawk was there to do defeat the villain of the arc. Zoro is the one that actively antagonized him

Even when Zoro asked Mihawk to train him, he did it saying “I want you to train me so that I can defeat you”

So Mihawk being an “Enemy” doesn’t seem to ever factor into whether Zoro fights him as far as I can tell

Last edited:
I think so, Zoro is somewhat ready to challenge Mihawk as he has experience what WSC felt like.
@uyuu But he has no chance of winning so it won’t happen

I mean surely he won’t fight Mihawk and lose again

Oda could throw everyone for a loop and make Zoro's final opponent..... Not a Swordsman....

Probably would never happen, but that would be a pretty huge twist if he were to do that.
@Celestial D. Dragon So a whole new character?

Thats something

like after this 23+ year grudge match between Zoro and Mihawk is over, there’s a whole new character introduced in the last 2-3 years of the manga that isn’t a swordsman that is supposed to carry weight GREATER than Mihawk in this fight

As in this character has to matter more than Zoro’s dream since he is coming AFTER Zoro accomplished his dream at the climax of the story.

Hmm, well the twist will be Oda making this character good as opposed to just making them. I would be very surprised Oda could make such a character given Zoro’s VERY limited interests. Like I’m actually trying for real to imagine what would matter more than Zoro’s dream to Zoro

Last edited:
Such as?

I mean surely there are no swordsmen stronger than Mihawk so who do you suggest Zoro fights after Mihawk

@Shanal

with context, Mihawk arrived at Baratie to defeat Don Krieg. So technically, Mihawk was there to do defeat the villain of the arc. Zoro is the one that actively antagonized him

Even when Zoro asked Mihawk to train him, he did it saying “I want you to train me so that I can defeat you”

So Mihawk being an “Enemy” doesn’t seem to ever factor into whether Zoro fights him as far as I can tell
Shilliew could end up having a tremendous growth rate like Zoro. I could see him defeating Mihawk before Zoro gets the chance. I think an opponent like Kizaru could be stronger than Mihawk. The Gorosei may be super powerful in the end. He doesn't have to fight only swordsmen either.

Shilliew could end up having a tremendous growth rate like Zoro. I could see him defeating Mihawk before Zoro gets the chance. I think an opponent like Kizaru could be stronger than Mihawk. The Gorosei may be super powerful in the end. He doesn't have to fight only swordsmen either.
shilliew beating mihawk would be really anticlimactic when you think about how long ago Zoro v mihawk was set up.. I think Zoro will probably defeat Shilliew first, and then mihawk. Whoever he fights afterwards doesn’t really matter as long as they’re not swordsmen

Such as?

@Shanal

You don't understand.

Final arc will be the biggest war and such that'll change the entire world.

Mihawk will not stand against Zoro and his crew in that war. If anything, he'll support them. Zoro's final opponent can't be Mihawk unless:

-You either think Zoro will fight Mihawk and do nothing else in final war and have no other opponent
-You think Zoro vs Mihawk will happen after the final war and everything is done and world is changed + peaceful or whatever. Seems nonsensical; that'd make it last fight of entire series.

Zoro will fight Mihawk sometime before final arc- and then have at least ONE final, stronger opponent he'll face in very last arc of One Piece.

He's already near Mihawk
Having superior skills and Haki than Vista (high high tier) who can rival Mihawk's skills

DR Zoro (upper-low high tier) was already a WSS candidate. Wano Zoro is near WSS level!

He won't fight Mihawk again!
For Mihawk to be a challenge, he needs to Join a Yonko or rejoin WG. If he joins Shanks, the battle will be friendly.
It's already a friendly challenge since they spent 2 years and bonded as Student-master

Zoro will be WSS after beating Shiryu or Fuji.

He's already near Mihawk
Having superior skills and Haki than Vista (high high tier) who can rival Mihawk's skills

DR Zoro (upper-low high tier) was already a WSS candidate. Wano Zoro is near WSS level!

He won't fight Mihawk again!
For Mihawk to be a challenge, he needs to Join a Yonko or rejoin WG. If he joins Shanks, the battle will be friendly.
It's already a friendly challenge since they spent 2 years and bonded as Student-master

Zoro will be WSS after beating Shiryu or Fuji.
Cope more :wellwell:

You don't understand.

Final arc will be the biggest war and such that'll change the entire world.

Mihawk will not stand against Zoro and his crew in that war. If anything, he'll support them. Zoro's final opponent can't be Mihawk unless:

-You either think Zoro will fight Mihawk and do nothing else in final war and have no other opponent
-You think Zoro vs Mihawk will happen after the final war and everything is done and world is changed + peaceful or whatever. Seems nonsensical; that'd make it last fight of entire series.

Zoro will fight Mihawk sometime before final arc- and then have at least ONE final, stronger opponent he'll face in very last arc of One Piece.
I think Zoro fights Mihawk, then Shiryu (who kills Mihawk), and his final opponent is the Shodai Kitetsu Gorosei. Zoro would have to fight Mihawk before the Laugh Tale arc so that he can be WSS by the time Luffy becomes PK, like him and Luffy agreed to. Zoro can’t fight Mihawk at Laugh Tale because obviously Mihawk wouldn’t be able to get there, and SHs are almost certainly supposed to fight the BBPs at Laugh Tale

I think Zoro fights Mihawk, then Shiryu (who kills Mihawk), and his final opponent is the Shodai Kitetsu Gorosei. Zoro would have to fight Mihawk before the Laugh Tale arc so that he can be WSS by the time Luffy becomes PK, like him and Luffy agreed to. Zoro can’t fight Mihawk at Laugh Tale because obviously Mihawk wouldn’t be able to get there, and SHs are almost certainly supposed to fight the BBPs at Laugh Tale
Probably fights Mihawk in the same arc where Luffy and Shanks meet again.

But yeah, I assume there'll be two more opponents after Mihawk- likely Shiryu and Gandhi. Don't think Shiryu will kill Mihawk though tbh

Zoro just began to use Enma, I don't think he mastered it enough. On the other hand, is the strongest master of swordsmanship with one of 12 Supreme blades who managed to blacken it. Maybe Zoro will be able to fight him not a very long time but he still has no chance to win.

So you are assuming there are swordsmen stronger than the strongest swordsman?

Kizaru who is an admiral of the same rank as Fujitora who is a swordsman

is Fujitora Stronger than Mihawk then?

Mihawk- likely Shiryu and Gandhi.
@Shanal So Either Shiryu or Gandhi are the actual strongest swordsmen. Mihawk is a fraud

Oden is a strong guy whom Kaidou recognized.
@uyuu Well See the problem is, Current Zoro isn’t even the strongest Zoro of the arc

Let’s look at this
Zoro is still going to have to use CoC willingly
Zoro may start using Ashura more frequently
Zoro may get Nidai Kitetsu
Zoro may start or learn to make Black blades

ALL THIS is during Wano potentially and None of the above has happened yet

So that’s why CURRENT Zoro has no chance. He’s not in his final form for just this arc and yet he can supposedly win even 1/10 times?

So what will End of Wano Zoro be? Like 6/10 wins against Mihawk? that just means he already stronger than mihawk

Shodai Kitetsu Gorosei.
@Shiroyru So this is the actual Strongest swordsman? You are implying this guy is already stronger than Mihawk right?

Last edited: