Zoro - Oden Parallels

What's more likely the point of these parallels?

• Zoro cuts Kaido like Oden did

Votes: 45 60.8%
  • Zoro becomes the Strongest swordsman in Wano like Oden was

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • Zoro surpasses Oden by making Enma black (in this arc)

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Zoro defeats Oden's betrayer Orochi

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Zoro gets with Oden's daughter

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Zoro teaches Oden's son a technique that he uses in a fight

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Zoro is Oden's son

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zoro is a student of Oden's student Denjiro

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Zoro will be lead Oden's scabbards as their general

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Zoro ets Conquerers Haki like Oden

Votes: 14 18.9%

• Total voters
Given the chapter 961 scene, I think we can all agree Oda is making intentional parallels between Zoro and Oden

1. The Boar cutting scene is constructed similarly to the Punk Hazard scene down to even Kin'emon being stuck to the boar with only his legs dangling off of it

2. Oden takes up a similar stance to Zoro's two sword techniques and uses a technique that is a Food pun

3. Of course both of them are the only tamers of Enma.

4. Zoro is stated to have the potential to even forge Enma black

5. Zoro is very involved in Oden's children’s plots, training Momo and potentially being Hiyori's love interest

6. Both traveled around Wano getting into fights with Yakuza and both garnered favor from Yasuie

7. The circumstances of Zoro meeting Hiyori mirror the circumstances of Oden meeting Toki

8. Oden doing ridiculous amounts endurance feats for his men - Zoro takes Kuma's damage for Luffy.

9. Oden trusts a clearly evil guy Orochi with a ridiculous demand believing in dumb samurai honor - Zoro trusts a clearly evil guy Helmeppo with a ridiculous demand believing in dumb samurai honor

10. Lastly of course Zoro has an intensified disdain for Orochi more than anyone else in the main cast.

So given Oda is pushing for the parallels, what do you think will be the pay off for all this

Last edited:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
The samurai need a rallying point and a figure of hope. Zoro himself said that he'll get the samurai to follow them and that was back on Zou. Despite all the Oden wank, fact is that he's still a failure...he failed to turn Enma black, he failed to stop Kaido and he failed to save his country.

Oda said Luffy will beat Kaido but he doesnt want it to be because Luffy hit him really hard so Zoro could play a role in Kaido's defeat. Unlike Oden, Zoro has someone above him to finish Kaido off. Oden was the best Wano had 20 years ago.

I

Inspector_Mu

luffy is everyone :few:
Nope he isn't everyone

There is only parallelism with Roger Shanks Oden Katakuri Kidd.

Shanks = likes freedom, was Strawhat holder ...I dont wanna comment much
Roger = obvious
Oden = obvious
Katakuri = obvious from WCI
Kidd = obvious, both have many similarities.

Even tho Rayleigh has CoC, he is a mixed of Sanji/Zoro : womanizer, likes drinking , smart, blonde, one eye scar, swordsman but can also use his hands and kicks, etc...

Zoro's not a leader.

East Blue -- Yasako and Johnny begin to follow Zoro due to his actions and strong will (Zoro was not recruiting anyone) similar to someone ???
Grandline -- Whisky Peak: protects the whole crew, Little Garden: shows similar will to the Giants (willing to cut his legs off) the Giant (willing to lose hands), Water 7: Luffy not capable of leading, Zoro is in command for sometime etc.

TimeSkip -- Shows enough charisma to make even Fujitora (admiral) follow his lead.

Cmon bruh

Zoro's not a leader.

East Blue -- Yasako and Johnny begin to follow Zoro due to his actions and strong will (Zoro was not recruiting anyone) similar to someone ???
Grandline -- Whisky Peak: protects the whole crew, Little Garden: shows similar will to the Giants (willing to cut his legs off) the Giant (willing to lose hands), Water 7: Luffy not capable of leading, Zoro is in command for sometime etc.

TimeSkip -- Shows enough charisma to make even Fujitora (admiral) follow his lead.

Cmon bruh
I swear to god there should have been either a haha or sad reaction for post like this one lol

Parallels between Zoro and Oden? Let's see... Oden was a pervert (he created his own harem) he was very good at cooking and his attacks' name are beasd on food and he also uses two sword style ham... Wait a minute, I now someone with the same parallels.:sanmoji:
Ok. I'm kiddi but lets be honest the only parallel that Oden and Zoro has is that both of them are Swordsmen.

Zoro's not a leader.

Cmon bruh
Forgot that he refused to join Baroque Works if they wouldn't made him their boss.
Post automatically merged:

You should make more choices, i have at least 6 of them.

Last edited:
I

Inspector_Mu

Zoro's not a leader.

Cmon bruh
Lol he isnt a born leader
I can make the same for Sanji where he led people
sanji is a better leader... the fact Oda even names Strawhats after Sanji but never after Zoro when luffy is absent should tell you where Zor leadership ranks.

The world talks about Oden/luffy/Roger , charming everyone
Those 3 are the only ones with VoAT + other 3 haki

You seriously think a VoAT user will be a parallel to zoro? Who is just a random dude under luffy?

I

Inspector_Mu

It looks like it's the mission of his life, wanking everyone with CoC, can't wait when Zoro'll get it.
We have been 960+ chapters
No other Strawhat has shown CoC lol
Only Ussop has a chance coz he awaken his haki in DR.
Zoro Sanji had like 500 chapters since they trained their haki.

You guys claim to be fans of Zoro yet at the same time always shitting of him everytime you bring up this comparison. Zoro is Zoro, Oden is Oden.

Oden:
- meh design
- cooks above dead person
- spamming "I want to open the border of Wano" speech
- fought 1 Top Tier and ended up dead already
- lost his country
- lost his wife
- lost his life

Zoro:
- good design
- respect dead person (when he sitting together with Brook in TB arc). He got angry too when people "laughed" at Yasuie's death
- has various epic speech. Not just repetitive open border crap. For example: "captain's burden is heavy", "nothing happened", "act like a man, Chopper", "you're fired", "captain's goal > my goal", "beast that won't bite", "if Usopp wants to return, he must return with an apology" and many more.
- fought 4 Top Tiers and still alive and healthy (Mihawk, Aokiji, Kizaru, Fujitora)
- doesn't lose anything but his childhood friend.