Future Events Zoro Will be the MVP (or Runner Up) in the Rooftop Fight

Will Zoro be the MVP vs Kaido?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

Slash Slash BigSlash

More to the point, Zoro hasn't been built up to be the runner up to Luffy, he has been built up to be the Kaido slayer. If Oda's love of Luffy prevents Zoro from outshining him, then Zoro is probably second only to him.
Yeah thats the only thorn in this whole argument. The Oda's love for Luffy. Hoepfully He doesn't do our boy dirty, at least in his own(wano) arc.

There is absolutely no chance anyone is going to outshine Luffy in the first major battle against An Emperor of the Sea. The amount of time and effort Oda has spent investing in getting Luffy prepared for this fight is crazy. We are talking about years of prep work here beginning the moment Luffy found Momonosuke in that trash heap back on Punk Hazard. The Foreshadowing of Luffy defeating Kaido goes back even further to Thriller Bark and him defeating the Yonko's in general goes even further back, as the original story outline of One Piece was Luffy's quest to defeat the Four Emperors and become Pirate King. This. Is. Decades. In. the. Making.

Runner-up? Absolutely, as Oda loves to give Zoro the second biggest moment of every arc. Whether it be in the Kaido fight, or by some other means (We haven't gotten a ticking Timebomb scenario yet) you can bet Zoro will the one to shine the second most.

Bogard

You can't win
Already gave my opinion: https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...y-will-end-up-beating-kaido-in-a-1-on-1.9863/

He has absolute no chance of outshining Luffy. Not only I believe Luffy will be the MVP, but I believe Luffy will ultimately beat Kaido in a 1 on 1

Both from logic and manga evolution, Luffy is dressed to come out of the arc comparable to Yonkos

The other SNs imo will serve to weaken Kaido, with Zoro's build-up being focused around Kaido's scar but Luffy will get most of the credit in beating Kaido

Outside of Luffy though, yes it's clear Zoro has superior build-up to the rest and thus for this reason has high chance to have better showings than any SNs not named Luffy, well as far as the Kaido fight is concerned because I believe Kid has a chance to have better portrayal if Oda aims at him being the one to finish Big Mom

Considering that it's Kid's introductional arc as well, that Oda built a rivalry between Luffy and him in Udon, with the parallel between Zoro and Kid's partner(Killer), his connections with Shanks(Luffy's idol) that should extend post-arc, plus the fact Oda himself said the moment he created Kid, he wanted him to be even more significant than Law(who had better showings in PH, Dressrosa), it could also makes sense

Basically it could be a scenario where Zoro's showings against Kaido is the second best to Luffy's, but Kid finishing Big Mom outshining that. It's debatable though because it's unclear if Big Mom would even be defeated, in which case Zoro might be the one to get better showings overall

I think he has higher chances to receive better showings than Law though

So I'd say that in terms of showings, it could be this way

Luffy > Zoro/Kid(50/50) > Law > Killer

S

Slash Slash BigSlash

There is absolutely no chance anyone is going to outshine Luffy in the first major battle against An Emperor of the Sea. The amount of time and effort Oda has spent investing in getting Luffy prepared for this fight is crazy. We are talking about years of prep work here beginning the moment Luffy found Momonosuke in that trash heap back on Punk Hazard. The Foreshadowing of Luffy defeating Kaido goes back even further to Thriller Bark and him defeating the Yonko's in general goes even further back, as the original story outline of One Piece was Luffy's quest to defeat the Four Emperors and become Pirate King. This. Is. Decades. In. the. Making.

Runner-up? Absolutely, as Oda loves to give Zoro the second biggest moment of every arc. Whether it be in the Kaido fight, or by some other means (We haven't gotten a ticking Timebomb scenario yet) you can bet Zoro will the one to shine the second most.
So you think he is going to defeat both of the Yonko this fight?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

Onigashima is going to land pn the flower capital and kill loads of people. What part of that isnt the ticking time bomb scenario

S

Slash Slash BigSlash

Already gave my opinion: https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...y-will-end-up-beating-kaido-in-a-1-on-1.9863/

He has absolute no chance of outshining Luffy. Not only I believe Luffy will be the MVP, but I believe Luffy will ultimately beat Kaido in a 1 on 1

Both from logic and manga evolution, Luffy is dressed to come out of the arc comparable to Yonkos

The other SNs imo will serve to weaken Kaido, with Zoro's build-up being focused around Kaido's scar but Luffy will get most of the credit in beating Kaido

Outside of Luffy though, yes it's clear Zoro has superior build-up to the rest and thus for this reason has high chance to have better showings than any SNs not named Luffy, well as far as the Kaido fight is concerned because I believe Kid has a chance to have better portrayal if Oda aims at him being the one to finish Big Mom

Considering that it's Kid's introductional arc as well, that Oda built a rivalry between Luffy and him in Udon, with the parallel between Zoro and Kid's partner(Killer), his connections with Shanks(Luffy's idol) that should extend post-arc, plus the fact Oda himself said the moment he created Kid, he wanted him to be even more significant than Law(who had better showings in PH, Dressrosa), it could also makes sense

Basically it could be a scenario where Zoro's showings against Kaido is the second best to Luffy's, but Kid finishing Big Mom outshining that. It's debatable though because it's unclear if Big Mom would even be defeated, in which case Zoro might be the one to get better showings overall

Kid in no way going to defeat Big Mom, He will do ton of damage and people will argue in the future he was the one to the most damage. But same as happened with Law. Once he is finished with his Job Luffy will take over and finish Big Mom and Zoro will finish Kaido.

These are my exact thoughts. Zoro might be the runner up to Luffy in the Kaido fight. He won’t outshine Luffy, this should be obvious. He won’t be outshining Kidd either because I believe he will be the one credited for taking down Big Mom. This way Zoro gets his big moments against Kaido, while Kidd furthers his hype as a rival, as Oda has been building up since the beginning of Wano.

Who’s taking out Big Mam

Wano? Let's say Sabaody :goyea:
Oh yeah for sure. I just meant that Wano has kind of been like a rebuilding/re introduction to the rivalry. Before this arc there were a lot of false headcanons about Kidd that Oda busted up. Stuff like Snacks took his arm, he’s pathetic for losing to Kaido, he’s gonna be irrelevant, ect. Then Wano comes and Oda gives Kidd CoC, he makes Luffy get one shot and trashed by Kaido, he corrects the rumors about him losing to a commander, and there are more rivalry scenes. It’s almost like Oda knew about what the fans were saying about Kidd and he used Wano to say, “You’re wrong Kidd is still Luffys main rival.”