Character Discussion Zoro's "Downplaing" is real?

Is Zoro downplayed?

• Yeah, he is downplayed

Votes: 63 52.1%
  • No, he is overrated as fuck

Votes: 45 37.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 13 10.7%

• Total voters
Yes, Zoro downplay is definitely real because some members of this community spend almost all of their time arguing against Zoro and his fans about every single topic...even when you say the slightest positive thing about Zoro.

Of course, it's balanced by the people who overwank him. But the people who criticize/downplay him get a lot more approval than those who wank him because some people think it's "cool" to hate on Zoro due to his massive fanbase/popularity.

Title(and poll)
Post automatically merged:

@ShishioIsBack , @Franosuke , @Boiroy
Most fans have Zoro at the upper echelon of YC1 close to Shiryu potientally which is fair.

Sanji extremist will over downplay him but Zoro fans will over downplay Sanji so it evens out to be fair.

Zoro extremist will say he's top tier and try to elevate his opponents to a level they're not. Proof of this is King > Kaido spam a few months back.

Yes, Zoro downplay is definitely real because some members of this community spend almost all of their time arguing against Zoro and his fans about every single topic...even when you say the slightest positive thing about Zoro.

Of course, it's balanced by the people who overwank him. But the people who criticize/downplay him get a lot more approval than those who wank him because some people think it's "cool" to hate on Zoro due to his massive fanbase/popularity.
I think its popular to shit on every character. Theres a bill slipton for every M944 and MonsterX.

Most fans have Zoro at the upper echelon of YC1 close to Shiryu potientally which is fair.

Zoro extremist will say he's top tier and try to elevate his opponents to a level they're not. Proof of this is King > Kaido spam a few months back.
Anyone who said King > Kaido was either trolling or it was nik lol.

I think its popular to shit on every character. Theres a bill slipton for every M944 and MonsterX.
I agree. It's not like Zoro is special in getting downplayed, every character with a big enough fanbase experiences it. The problem is that Zoro is like the "common enemy" in the fanbase because he's been portrayed alongside a variety of the most popular characters such as Luffy, Sanji, Kid & Law and he has probably the largest fanbase in the OP power-scaling community. So every thread ends up being a "Zoro vs. X" debate where almost everyone who's not a straight-up Zoro fan is arguing against him.

I genuinely think people just have a tendency to hate on what's mainstream. I catch myself doing it with other things too.

Anyone who said King > Kaido was either trolling or it was nik lol.

I agree. It's not like Zoro is special in getting downplayed, every character with a big enough fanbase experiences it. The problem is that Zoro is like the "common enemy" in the fanbase because he's been portrayed alongside a variety of the most popular characters such as Luffy, Sanji, Kid & Law and he has probably the largest fanbase in the OP power-scaling community. So every thread ends up being a "Zoro vs. X" debate where almost everyone who's not a straight-up Zoro fan is arguing against him.
That is fair i think the only main character who doesn’t get in a fandom vs everyone war in the battledome is the Luffy fandom

An ex...

Too add, because Zoro has a connection or a parallel to Law, Kidd, Sanji, and Luffy he gets shit on by everyone.

Sanji really only has a connection or parallel to Zoro, so Law Kidd and Luffy fans arent really going to go after Sanji feats.

Everyone's downplays the characters that aren't their favorite anyways but that's the main difference

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
I saw a lot of wankers shifting from stroking his sword to downplay him like he did fuckall for the past decade, which is honestly ridiculous if you really think about how much he's done post-TS (which even if it often doesn't reach the highs of pre-TS, is still pretty awesome).
However on WG as a whole, definitely more wanked than downplayed, no question there :doffytroll:

What do you expect? There'll always be some people to downplay a character, doesn't mean that he is downplayed in general.
Even Yonko and admirals are downplayed and they are supposed to represent peak of strength for the pirates and marines.

I mean zoro is not the only who is downplaying but it bothers me that people of this forum says this is zorogen when there is 50/50 hate and love for the character and thses past days,weeks months the hate for the character has increase a lot of nonesenses have been said of the character during wano arc from oden's haki to extreme diff king because he spent a lot of time passed out
When it was because of this
But people keep ignoring just to hate