Speculations Zoro's Resurrection ||| Birth of the Sword God

Will Zoro become a Sword God during/end of Wano?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
A speculation/theory this time, ladies and gentlemen, instead of a power level/Zoro wank thread.

I have theorized many times how Zoro would be considering the new Sword God of Wano and the latest development seems to further contribute towards that goal. As hilarious as the Cross Zori is, I dont think it is just a comical choice of Oda but also an important portrayal shared by Jesus. To get a better understanding of this we have to go back in time.

All the way, back to chapter 3, back to the fateful meeting. We have been introduced to the man tied up onto a cross. Crucified for saving a little girl from a wolf.
Zoro and cross theme doesnt end there. Less than 50 chapters later, Zoro meets the man he was looking for, a lot sooner than he expected.
That man shows up in a tiny, coffin-shaped boat that has its sail mounted on the cross-shaped mast. That same man has a weapon with a guard shaped like a cross.
He also carries the smallest knife he has got around his neck, which, too, is shaped like a cross. There is another Warlord who is tied up to Zoro, Bartholomew "the Tyrant" Kuma, who carries that bible which is a book about Jesus.

It goes on. During the time skip, Zoro's nurse was Perona the ghost girl who also has a cross theme, on top of her crown. You could say that cross is often near Zoro.
Upon hearing what happened in Marineford, Zoro tries to get back to Sabaody and while trying to leave the Kuraigana Island he finds a giant cross in the woods.
Moving on we have the color spread with Zoro sitting next to a cross-shaped grave which was theorized to imply Zoro's death. There is also the scar on Zoro's eye, if you ignore the eyebrow, it is cross-shaped when together with the eyelashes. That one might be a stretch but you never know with Oda...
Sounds familiar?

If not, here are the panels:

With that, we are back to the present where Oda chose a cross-shaped immobilization to prevent Zoro's wounds from getting worse. He could have chosen a stick, basically a regular mummy, it would be just as hilarious but he decided on a cross, most likely intended to have the parallels with Jesus. I wont bother you much with historical stuff but Wano represents Japan of the 16th and 17th century when Jesuits were persecuted under the Shogunate which led to the closing of Japan for almost 250 years. Jesuits were tortured through the hole-hanging method or they were crucified. Let's say that Zoro represents Jesus and Wano is the Japan that rejects the new fate. Remember how Inu, Neko and Kappa were treated? They got crucified. The plot might develop towards Zoro's "death" and his "resurrection" which should happen before dawn, imo.

There might be another purpose to why he got bandaged so much over the top - to prevent Zoro from fighting back. The plot perhaps wants to put Zoro in a helpless state which would get us to another plot point. The raid is in full swing but the numbers are still against the good guys despite them doing fairly well. There is also the never fulfilled promise of Zoro rounding up the samurai... How does it all tie in together?

We have been teased with Zoro's Color of Conqueror two times during Wano, back in 997 and in 1010. As much as I am personally against CoC on Zoro, Oda is probably building up towards a major CoC burst. Something akin to Luffy's helplessness in Marineford where he couldn't reach Ace but saved him thanks to CoC. Zoro being bandaged up so much could place him in the same helpless state that physically he cannot do anything but through willpower, he can.
If Zoro cannot break free out of bandages, CoC burst could be a major plot element in the near future. However, before we reach that point, Zoro may be in a tight situation with the enemies swarming around him. Orochi would likely try to kill him considering Zoro attacked him in the Flower Capital or King the Wildfire might try to off him while he is bandaged up. He could try to burn Zoro on a cross which would be similar to Little Garden's wax carousel when Zoro was immobilized and ended up set on fire.

There is also the crucifixion of Zoro's one and only follower in Wano so far, the late daimyo of Hakumai, the legend Yasuie. Unlike Jesus, Zoro doesn't forgive the sins and wants revenge for Yasu's death. The moment of great peril might be resolved through Zoro's CoC blast which will unify the samurai behind him and probably drop a good part of enemy forces which will further improve the odds of raid alongside Tama's effort of turning the Smile users onto their side.

When is the resurrection scheduled? I am guessing during the Hour of the Tiger. That is the period between 3 AM and 5 AM which often represents the time of sunrise in Japan. Bringing the dawn to Wano is a decades-long promise prophesized by Toki and Oden's last wish. All that symbolism of being crucified, releasing CoC blast and gaining followers leads towards one thing - the legend of the new Sword God.

The plot was adjusted in such a way that Zoro's god mode Asura wasnt seen by anyone aside from Law and Kaido. Oddly it also received rather little focus which leads me to believe that a bigger reaction to it is coming. When the random samurai and the Scabbards see the 9 sworded god form, they will probably stand in awe after Zoro kills Kaido and descends in such rather unusual form and will probably start calling him a Sword God.
Thanks to Drake and CP0, the legend will travel to the halls of Mariejois and Zoro's name will "reach the heaven".

Another thing, back in Ebisu Town(ch930), the random folk told Zoro he should smile or the misfortune will come to him. Smiling is quite unusual for Zoro in post TS but Oda didnt say that for no reason back then and now we see Kaido and Luffy having a smiling contest with something being implied through Kaido's words about the smile. You could say that his good fortune has left him like the folk of Ebisu Town said it would thanks to Hakai and the current situation of being unable to fight.

Isn't all this a bit unusual for a character who doesn't pray to a god?

God doesn't pray to another god because he is a god himself? Is that why Sword God doesnt pray to the Kami?

Something I almost forgot, the two Paths/Realms that Zoro is missing are the Path of Hell and Path of God. How interesting, huh?
While I assumed before that Wano will be linked to Path of Hell due to arc itself being Hell themed, it might be the opposite. The path of God appearing due to birth of a Sword God, convenient for CoC burst which will grant him followers which will end up calling him a Sword God...
In that case, the path of Hell might appear in Mariejois, which, at first glance, seems like paradise but once you dig beneath the surface, you find the actual Hell as well as the closure on the Kitetsu curse considering Gandhi's Shodai Kitetsu being right there...

Am I right or am I right? Time, as always, will tell.
One of my shorter threads, again. You are welcome.
Yours truly, nik87 the Zoro wanker.

A speculation/theory this time, ladies and gentlemen, instead of a power level/Zoro wank thread.

I have theorized many times how Zoro would be considering the new Sword God of Wano and the latest development seems to further contribute towards that goal. As hilarious as the Cross Zori is, I dont think it is just a comical choice of Oda but also an important portrayal shared by Jesus. To get a better understanding of this we have to go back in time.

All the way, back to chapter 3, back to the fateful meeting. We have been introduced to the man tied up onto a cross. Crucified for saving a little girl from a wolf.
Zoro and cross theme doesnt end there. Less than 50 chapters later, Zoro meets the man he was looking for, a lot sooner than he expected.
That man shows up in a tiny, coffin-shaped boat that has its sail mounted on the cross-shaped mast. That same man has a weapon with a guard shaped like a cross.
He also carries the smallest knife he has got around his neck, which, too, is shaped like a cross. There is another Warlord who is tied up to Zoro, Bartholomew "the Tyrant" Kuma, who carries that bible which is a book about Jesus.

It goes on. During the time skip, Zoro's nurse was Perona the ghost girl who also has a cross theme, on top of her crown. You could say that cross is often near Zoro.
Upon hearing what happened in Marineford, Zoro tries to get back to Sabaody and while trying to leave the Kuraigana Island he finds a giant cross in the woods.
Moving on we have the color spread with Zoro sitting next to a cross-shaped grave which was theorized to imply Zoro's death. There is also the scar on Zoro's eye, if you ignore the eyebrow, it is cross-shaped when together with the eyelashes. That one might be a stretch but you never know with Oda...
Sounds familiar?

With that, we are back to the present where Oda chose a cross-shaped immobilization to prevent Zoro's wounds from getting worse. He could have chosen a stick, basically a regular mummy, it would be just as hilarious but he decided on a cross, most likely intended to have the parallels with Jesus. I wont bother you much with historical stuff but Wano represents Japan of the 16th and 17th century when Jesuits were persecuted under the Shogunate which led to the closing of Japan for almost 250 years. Jesuits were tortured through the hole-hanging method or they were crucified. Let's say that Zoro represents Jesus and Wano is the Japan that rejects the new fate. Remember how Inu, Neko and Kappa were treated? They got crucified. The plot might develop towards Zoro's "death" and his "resurrection" which should happen before dawn, imo.

There might be another purpose to why he got bandaged so much over the top - to prevent Zoro from fighting back. The plot perhaps wants to put Zoro in a helpless state which would get us to another plot point. The raid is in full swing but the numbers are still against the good guys despite them doing fairly well. There is also the never fulfilled promise of Zoro rounding up the samurai... How does it all tie in together?

We have been teased with Zoro's Color of Conqueror two times during Wano, back in 997 and in 1010. As much as I am personally against CoC on Zoro, Oda is probably building up towards a major CoC burst. Something akin to Luffy's helplessness in Marineford where he couldn't reach Ace but saved him thanks to CoC. Zoro being bandaged up so much could place him in the same helpless state that physically he cannot do anything but through willpower, he can.
If Zoro cannot break free out of bandages, CoC burst could be a major plot element in the near future. However, before we reach that point, Zoro may be in a tight situation with the enemies swarming around him. Orochi would likely try to kill him considering Zoro attacked him in the Flower Capital or King the Wildfire might try to off him while he is bandaged up. He could try to burn Zoro on a cross which would be similar to Little Garden's wax carousel when Zoro was immobilized and ended up set on fire.

There is also the crucifixion of Zoro's one and only follower in Wano so far, the late daimyo of Hakumai, the legend Yasuie. Unlike Jesus, Zoro doesn't forgive the sins and wants revenge for Yasu's death. The moment of great peril might be resolved through Zoro's CoC blast which will unify the samurai behind him and probably drop a good part of enemy forces which will further improve the odds of raid alongside Tama's effort of turning the Smile users onto their side.

When is the resurrection scheduled? I am guessing during the Hour of the Tiger. That is the period between 3 AM and 5 AM which often represents the time of sunrise in Japan. Bringing the dawn to Wano is a decades-long promise prophesized by Toki and Oden's last wish. All that symbolism of being crucified, releasing CoC blast and gaining followers leads towards one thing - the legend of the new Sword God.

The plot was adjusted in such a way that Zoro's god mode Asura wasnt seen by anyone aside from Law and Kaido. Oddly it also received rather little focus which leads me to believe that a bigger reaction to it is coming. When the random samurai and the Scabbards see the 9 sworded god form, they will probably stand in awe after Zoro kills Kaido and descends in such rather unusual form and will probably start calling him a Sword God.
Thanks to Drake and CP0, the legend will travel to the halls of Mariejois and Zoro's name will "reach the heaven".

Another thing, back in Ebisu Town(ch930), the random folk told Zoro he should smile or the misfortune will come to him. Smiling is quite unusual for Zoro in post TS but Oda didnt say that for no reason back then and now we see Kaido and Luffy having a smiling contest with something being implied through Kaido's words about the smile. You could say that his good fortune has left him like the folk of Ebisu Town said it would thanks to Hakai and the current situation of being unable to fight.

God doesn't pray to another god because he is a god himself? Is that why Sword God doesnt pray to the Kami?

Something I almost forgot, the two Paths/Realms that Zoro is missing are the Path of Hell and Path of God. How interesting, huh?
While I assumed before that Wano will be linked to Path of Hell due to arc itself being Hell themed, it might be the opposite. The path of God appearing due to birth of a Sword God, convenient for CoC burst which will grant him followers which will end up calling him a Sword God...
In that case, the path of Hell might appear in Mariejois, which, at first glance, seems like paradise but once you dig beneath the surface, you find the actual Hell as well as the closure on the Kitetsu curse considering Gandhi's Shodai Kitetsu being right there...

God Ward

Back When They Called Us Devils

Sounds familiar?

Zoro the Sword god of Wano.
Zoro the kensei of Wano.
Absolutely sensational post.
:cheers:

Sounds familiar?

NIK YOU ARE AMAZING!:finally::finally::finally:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
One detail that I forgot to include is King's description by Queen during their introduction.
He called him a torture-loving freak and King never tortured anyone.
Immobilized Cross Zori sounds like a perfect target.
That means that Zoro's condition may get even worse but not too bad to stop him from offing Kaido.
NIK YOU ARE AMAZING!:finally::finally::finally:
Tell me more. :catsure: