One Piece Episode 965 - Crossing Swords! Roger and Whitebeard!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • 4/5

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • 3/5

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • 2/5

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 1/5

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
Roger vs Whitebeard clashing was animated by Katsumi Ishizuka, who did a fantastic job as per expected.

Roger clashing with Oden was animated by Tetsuro Nireki. The cut of Roger drawing his sword was really good, as were the cuts of Oden flying through shit. The actual impact was a little lacking though.

Oden fighting random Whitebeard pirates was animated by Yoshikazu Tomita, and was also okay.

The Whitebeard v Roger Pirates and Whitebeard vs Roger stuff in the NEP is animated by Masami Mori. I'm expecting a solid 2 minutes worth of sakuga animation, but I'm not much else aside from an awesome two minute opening.

Hahaha kind think was you that gave It a 0. 😂🤣
Never that lmao i always give every episode a five star you can go check
Post automatically merged:

LOL he's the last person that would put a 0.
Boy just dont know im the biggest anime wanker om this forum beside JazzMazz and RobertoTheOharaSurvivor lol

Episode got good towards the end.
  • I’m sure the old hag is Cipher Pol. She wouldn’t reveal if she was Koruzumi or not. Also she said she traveled the world, apparently touched Ex Rocks Pirate, Golden Shiki Lions face, AND is in possession of a Mythical Zoan fruit? Yea I don’t buy that she’s some throwaway Koruzumi
  • WB/Roger and Roger/Oden clash was fire
  • AND we see Kid Shanks, that made the episode fire
Highlights

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Last few minutes of the episode were great. Always nice to see the Roger Pirates. I like how Roger is more "buddies" with his crewmates, similar to Luffy and his team, whereas Newgate doubles as both a captain and guardian for his band. You can see that distinction in how both approached Oden when he charged at them. Newgate took a serious tone and told his pirates to stand back. Roger just skipped along, playfully stealing Oden from Rayleigh and Gaban.

The new voices will take some getting use to, but they aren't bad.

Oden kinda took a backseat to the Pirate King, but there's just something about Roger which makes me gravitate to him whenever he's on screen. Maybe it's the mustache. Regardless, I love how he looks, how he carries himself, imagining it with a booming west country accent.In the face of the strongest man, he doesn't miss a beat. He truly is a king.

• The jig is up. That Ringo Daimyo doesn't look like Zoro at all.

• Higurashi having two burning candles attached to her forehead is a red flag you're dealing with crazy.
  • This woman dances and laughs one minute then cries with tears the next. :believe:She's a master manipulator and Orochi bought her twisted logic.

• Feeding Orochi a Mythical Zoan was a waste in retrospect. He didn't need that power to acquire the throne and he remained a non-fighter his entire life.

• Great new piece featuring Semimaru's instrument as Orochi thieves.

• Orochi the medicine maker probably just poisoned Sukiyaki, fitting of a snake to resort to venom.
  • The animals are actually running because the legend Admiral Kitsune is using his unconscious haki :finally:

• One year later, I still don't know who the three Roger pirates taken down by Gan Modoki were. R.I.P these original fodder designs.

• Roger is just worried Gaban can't fight without his glasses. Such a nice boss.
  • "Yo Samurai" and then he blows you away and deforests the island. :usoprice:What a damn strong impression to give a man.

• I love that Whitebeard is jumping through the trees and attacks Roger from the sky. Pops finally enjoying himself.:myman:

• ABSOLUTE POWER. :lunazing:The landscape around them is warping and Oden has to dig his sword into the ground to hang on, how did this island even survive.
Very nice episode. The art varied a bit, but the direction and filler added were enjoyable. Villagers chasing Orochi gives extra weight to the fear and hate driving this man. Higurashi and Orochi got some crazy detailed expressions and nice lighting thanks to the storm outside. I like that he transforms after eating the fruit and laughs with all eight heads at the end. The soundtrack was fine this episode, my favorite being the Roger vs WB track, but it needed a haunting piece to honor Kurosawa's Throne of the Blood that inspired this whole thing.

A lot of praise for just how strong and charismatic Roger's introduction was this episode. I love the way he talks to his men and laughs at Oden, his VA was great and Oden's just keeps getting better as he matches his age. The aura effects were toned down this episode compared to the usual, even though haki aura radiates from the blades in the manga, so I very much appreciate that they held back. It's wild to see that next episode also features intense fighting and probably another Roger and WB clash. We're eating good this month.

I actually enjoyed the first half a lot.

There was a crap ton of atmosphere in how they had the old man playing the shamisen, plus the lightning and unique line effects they used in the background. Lots of cool stuff there. Kazuya Hisada deserves some praise for having incredibly nice and consistently polished art in the first half of the episode.

Second half had that hype at the back end of the episode.