Greatest Hype In this Chapter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
And that means he's comparing Zoro to the greats like Rox, Roger, Whitebeard, etc...?

He never compared luffy to any of them
Read his words don't just look at the pic
He was shocked at how much luffy grew from kuri

He says only a few can fight him

He wonders how high luffys ceiling goes

Three separate points

At no point does he say luffy is like oden/roger/wb etc

I said this before, but people need to sit here and ask themselves a few legitimate questions about how this all is going down:

- If Zoro is meant to fight Kaido with Luffy, why even remove him from the roof? Why even have him tank Hakai? Why even bring him to the point where he physically can't fight Kaido?

- If Luffy was always meant to get a 1v1, but Zoro is meant to also fight Kaido, why couldnt Oda just write it in a way where Zoro doesn't leave the roof and is instead, forced to go down below it again? Getting knocked out on the roof and staying there (without the need to recover) would have been sufficient. Luffy just did it this chapter.

- Why hasn't Sanji received his matchup yet? 4 strawhats got theirs over 10 chapters ago. 2 more got theirs 5 chapters ago. Oda is stalling Sanji's matchup. You can even extend this to Yamato. Shes literally been running around for 20 chapters protecting Momo. Clearly she has a role to play, which Oda is also stalling

- Subsequently, why is Oda having Marco literally stall King and Queen for the past 10 chapters? Clearly he's not having a 2v1 for the rest of the arc. So what's Odas goal there?

- Finally, why haven't any of the Calamities shown off their hybrids or true strength? This is rhetorical, because 3 of the F6 haven't shown theirs either. Point is that their real matchups haven't started yet.

Just do the math. So far, 5 of the F6 are matched to 6 Strawhats exclusively. There are also 3 Calamities. Yamato and Sanji have been meandering for a long time under the dome while the fight above is happening. Now Zoro is coming back down. That literally can cover the 3 calamities and establish that the Strawhats (assuming Yamato is one) can fight them. At this point, who knows what is happening with Chopper, but I'm still game for a controlled Drake (of Queens doing) to fight him, completing the F6 matchups

I'm just saying, signs are having these matchups be extremely clean in terms of who fights who.
Thanks for breaking it down this way. It was right in our face.
I also think Scabbards will be incorporated into these fights as well.
And I'm still sticking with.
  1. King vs Zoro (+Marco)
  2. Queen vs Sanji (+Law, Drake, Kawamatsu)
  3. Jack vs Yamato (+Inu, Neko)
  4. WsW vs Jinbei
  5. Sasaki vs Franky (+Denjiro)
  6. Black Maria vs Robin and Brook
  7. Page One vs Tama and Usopp (+Izo)
  8. Ulti vs Nami (+Kiku)
  9. Kanjuro vs Kinemon
  10. Apoo vs Drake (+Hawkins)
  11. Fukurokuju vs Raizo
  12. Perospero ~ Sanji
  • Kawamatsu ~ Queen because we imprisoned for a decade under Queen
  • Denjiro ~ Sasaki because of their friendship
  • Inu/Neko ~ I think Neko goes back because, it would be poetic if both are present for Jack defeat this time
  • Izao/Kiku ~ The siblings can alternate betw the Beast Pirate siblings
  • Kinemon ~ It was fate that their fight would continue
  • Hawkins ~ Certainly he holds a grudge against Apoo for his betrayal
  • Law ~ With Sanji, Drake, and maybe Hawkins, the North Blue bros target Queen
  • Sanji ~ Given the history and defeating Carrot/Wanda, Sanji acts on this
  • Ashura Doji ~ Think he's dead. If not then he's fighting Jack/King, given that he's the strongest Scabbard.

Status
Not open for further replies.