Future Events What's your Haki expectations for Blackbeard?

What's your expectations for Blackbeard?

• Gura + Darkness + CoA

• Gura + Darkness + AdCoA

• Gura + Darkness + AdCoA + AdCoC

• Other

• Undecided / Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Vivre card states BB has CoA Haki even before the time skip.

Haki: Observation (CoO) and Armament (CoA)
--- One Piece Databook Vivre Card

So the next time we see Blackbeard fighting, what are you expecting to see?

The certain one: Gura (Quake) + Darkness (Yami) + CoA Haki.

• Gura (Quake) is one of the most destructive DF abilities.
  • Darkness (Yami) neutralizes any DF ability; logia, paramecia or zoan. Gravitation of the darkness can crush any object; armies, towns etc, it doesn't matter. Even light can't escape from it. BB states its ''an offensive ability that can never be defended against!''.
Explained in this post:
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...er-level-discussion.13932/page-2#post-1446879
  • CoA Haki is a very important power in the new world.

Expectation 1: Gura + Darkness + AdCoA.

Expectation 2: Gura + Darkness + AdCoA + AdCoC.

Last edited:
Personally, my theory is that being too dependant and proud of his strongest Devil fruits will be the reason for his loss at the hands of Luffy. He may have never tried to develop his haki because of that and we know how haki is proving to the 'real power' in OP. Luffy's DF powers won't work against BB but his haki will. I earlier thought that he might not be able to use even basic haki because of his 'special' body but I guess this vivre card proves it wrong.

I also think he'll get one more fruit and that would be the strongest zoan fruit. Kaido's maybe? Dunno. But he'll get one imo.

Personally, my theory is that being too dependant and proud of his strongest Devil fruits will be the reason for his loss at the hands of Luffy. He may have never tried to develop his haki because of that and we know how haki is proving to the 'real power' in OP. Luffy's DF powers won't work against BB but his haki will. I earlier thought that he might not be able to use even basic haki because of his 'special' body but I guess this vivre card proves it wrong.

I also think he'll get one more fruit and that would be the strongest zoan fruit. Kaido's maybe? Dunno. But he'll get one imo.
and that also means he wont have the durability that kaido and bm have, that would make luffy's job rather easier as we know even pre-ts luffy had power to bring blackbeard to his knees and now luffy has Adv CoO, Adv CoA and Adv CoC(tho i believe coating coc isnt the advanced form but just another application of coc)

I think it's possible he thought perhaps Darkness + Gura is necessary since he can't consciously control AdCoC like Shanks and others? Perhaps that's why Oda gave him extra DF ability to compensate, it's possible.

Oda still might give him AdCoA + AdCoC.

Last edited:
Prime Teach will be the strongest individual ever, potentially only below Imu. So he will have everything.

- 3 Devil fruits + all 3 Haki types with Adv CoA and CoC ( No FS), great durability/endurance and abnormal physical strength.

Luffy will NOT fairly 1v1 him and he might never even be stronger than him.

I still think the nost appropriate next action for BB is to sucker steal the Kaido kill and so his devil fruit. At that point he will have his holy trinity and the world will start to really descend into a dark age ruled by BB.

About his powers.. Maybe he will be a pure df monster opposed to Luffy who will relay more on his haki. Then at the very least for the final villain you.can at the evry least expect all the 3 basic hakis at the very least, just maybe not revealed from the next encounter (even if he must already have his final set of haki since I doubt he is improving his haki at his age, he is also using his time looking for strong sd and subordinates).

and that also means he wont have the durability that kaido and bm have, that would make luffy's job rather easier as we know even pre-ts luffy had power to bring blackbeard to his knees and now luffy has Adv CoO, Adv CoA and Adv CoC(tho i believe coating coc isnt the advanced form but just another application of coc)
I think he won't have durability equal to Kaido or Big mom (unless he steals diamond or a next zoan that could make him durable) but his endurance and stamina will be monstrous, so if he blocks with CoA, and if his endurance and stamina will be superior to Kaido, he may be a tougher opponent than them.

As for pre-ts Luffy, I am pretty sure he didn't use CoA to protect himself, since he is very overconfident, we know he was able to take shots from Ace, WB and Sengoku still laugh afterwards so pre-ts Luffy's hit (even though it could be Haki imbued as BB said) was kind of cheap-shot and BB wasn't serious in my opinion.

I still think the nost appropriate next action for BB is to sucker steal the Kaido kill and so his devil fruit. At that point he will have his holy trinity and the world will start to really descend into a dark age ruled by BB.

About his powers.. Maybe he will be a pure df monster opposed to Luffy who will relay more on his haki. Then at the very least for the final villain you.can at the evry least expect all the 3 basic hakis at the very least, just maybe not revealed from the next encounter (even if he must already have his final set of haki since I doubt he is improving his haki at his age, he is also using his time looking for strong sd and subordinates).
Yeah I never like that theory, not that I say it won't happen, but BB shouldn't steal Kaido's power as far as I am concerned, he already did it with Whitebeard, that should be a special case since he was in WB pirates for more than 10 years and he was WB's one of the oldest crew member, he has no relationship with Kaido like that so stealing Kaido's DF doesn't make sense for me.

I also expect DF awakening, (better Gura skills than WB), and advance CoA + advance CoC.

Last edited:
Physically weaker than Big Mom and Kaido but stronger than Akainu, Dragon, Shanks and Mihawk.

Weakest CoO among the Top Tiers, no FS.
One of the hardest CoA but no advanced CoA.
CoC user, he can imbue his attack with CoC like Luffy in 1010.

His true strength resides in his three fruits: Gura Gura, Cerberus and Dark dark.

@Erkan12 I like it quite a lot since that will fit the holy df trinity (strongest df in every category) and also be a clever bastard move worth of BB. Then the problem is that by this point everybody and his grandma is expecting this to happen so probably Oda has already ditched this route.
Is Darkness logia strongest logia though? BB says it's most dangerous ability, but it doesn't mean it's stronger than lightning logia or other top logia powers. In terms of offense, Darkness is great against any other DF defense, but it doesn't have any defensive ability like other logia, perhaps absorbing and neutralizing attacks could be a defensive ability but other logias are defensively still better.

BB will surpass Prime Xebec , Prime Roger & Prime WB.

As long as Luffy has FS & extreme speed (not the current speed which is also really a lot but i mean even more so speed than end of wano luffy)... for sure Luffy is gonna dodge nearly each one of BB's attacks.

I hope that Dragon trains Luffy in Ryukosen haki techniques & Shanks also trains Luffy in Advanced CoC techniques both increasing Luffy's haki mastery to ridiculous levels before fighting BB.

BB almost certainly wont be able to kill shanks coz after the dissolution of schibukai in all likelihood Mihawk will also ally himself with RHP & BB can't beat both Shanks & Mihawk at the same time.

Also Shanks meeting with Gorosei very much increases the likelihood that Gorosei could go after BB pretty soon so BB will have more trouble on his hands , dealing with the entire brunt of WG.

All 3 Haki types, but with Advanced CoC - he's a Conqueror. Future sight is not as much needed for him as he can simply pull you in with Blackhole/Black Vortex so he will not advance his CoO, while advanced CoA could be mimicked in a way by hardening + aCoC + Gura combo.