Current Events Luffy vs Kaido is a major asspull

Are you okay with how the Luffy vs Kaido fight is playing out?

• Yes

Votes: 72 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 72 50.0%

• Total voters
I think this fight is a way for oda to show us that luffy can clash evenly with an emperor. It doesnt mean he can overpower them yet. Like how most admirals can fight the yonko for some time but will eventually lose. Its more of an indication that luffy is close to that level but not there yet( at least thats what i hope).

I understand that he's using Conqueror's Haki but how is he facing Kaido 1v1 so easily? This is what I hate most about shonen. Asspulls. And yes I know he's the main character but it's still annoying. I feel like Kaido doesn't feel as intimidating anymore if Luffy can just do this in his base form. If he was in his Snakeman form wrapped in Conqueror's Haki that's one thing, but base form and going toe to toe with a Yonko? I don't like that at all. This would essentially mean he's already PK level right? If he's doing this in base, then Boundman or Snakeman wrapped in COC would hypothetically be unbeatable.

Thoughts?
Two armed Kaido in hybrid w/ CoC is matched evenly by base Luffy w/ CoC while literally only using one leg. But why not? Just insert a Hyo flashback where he explains how Haki "blossoms" in the midst of danger to justify why Luffy's gifted with Kaido-level+ advanced CoC seconds from regaining conscious after Ragnarok.

At least now we know this shitshole doesn't deserve constructing text walls of feat analysis, it's a waste of effort.

I understand that he's using Conqueror's Haki but how is he facing Kaido 1v1 so easily? This is what I hate most about shonen. Asspulls. And yes I know he's the main character but it's still annoying. I feel like Kaido doesn't feel as intimidating anymore if Luffy can just do this in his base form. If he was in his Snakeman form wrapped in Conqueror's Haki that's one thing, but base form and going toe to toe with a Yonko? I don't like that at all. This would essentially mean he's already PK level right? If he's doing this in base, then Boundman or Snakeman wrapped in COC would hypothetically be unbeatable.

Thoughts?
So, Oden mid diffing Kaido doesn't make Kaido less intimidating to you? Ham. Strange!

This is not the final battle between Luffy and Kaido, Luffy will lose this round too, then the real 1v1 will start between healthy Kaido and Luffy. And as I've said many times already, one piece is ending, it's fucking ending so get used to it already. It's time for Luffy to finally defeat someone in 1v1, Luffy has been getting help in every significant battle in the new world, it's time to finally have a clean 1v1.

He's facing Kaido easily because like I've been stating for years, his physical strength was #1 in One Piece coming out of Fishman Island. He broke out of fucking Parasite when even Jozu couldn't ffs.

When 3D2Y finished, Luffy's physical strength was pretty much set in stone. Oda's powerups are going to be:

(1) Haki powers (CoO, CoA, CoO)

(2) Awakening.

Next up are you going to complain that basic Gear 2 attacks are hurting Blackbeard :milaugh:
People also have the tendency to downplay G4 compared to current Luffy feats, as far as strength goes Luffy was already capable of knocking Kaido on his ass even with just G3, CoC just enabled him to bypass Kaido's defenses more easily and inflict greater pain.
This. Luffy's new Haki is the "key" to unlocking Kaido, like FS was the "key" to unlocking Katakuri. It doesn't mean Luffy was weak otherwise.

I always come back to this quote because I think it’s very indicative of Oda’s current writing style...it’s not enough for Luffy to realistically beat Kaido with punches, but apparently, the problem is solved by having Luffy beat Kaido with CoC-infused punches. To the layman (or an author that’s given up all pretense of caring whether or not he sticks the landing), this might be a discernible difference, but to everyone else, it’s effectively the same thing he claimed he was trying to avoid. Are CoC-heavy attacks a natural progression for Haki in the story? Sure. Is it fun to watch? Mildly so far, jury’s still out. Is it good writing? Based on the expectations the author himself set, absolutely not.
Ironically this describes a different problem: judging an outcome that hasn't happened yet by what the author said isn't happening. It literally doesn't make sense.

And anyone who thinks Kaido is done as a threat because Luffy is matching his unnamed blows right now is a fool at best. Like you have just never read shonen or something. simultaneously complaining that this is the same old thing while also complaining that the story is different from how it used to be.

Ironically this describes a different problem: judging an outcome that hasn't happened yet by what the author said isn't happening. It literally doesn't make sense.

And anyone who thinks Kaido is done as a threat because Luffy is matching his unnamed blows right now is a fool at best. Like you have just never read shonen or something. simultaneously complaining that this is the same old thing while also complaining that the story is different from how it used to be.
Every single time we get the panel with Luffy smiling at the reader and cracking his knuckles, he wins the upcoming fight.

Two armed Kaido in hybrid w/ CoC is matched evenly by base Luffy w/ CoC while literally only using one leg. But why not? Just insert a Hyo flashback where he explains how Haki "blossoms" in the midst of danger to justify why Luffy's gifted with Kaido-level+ advanced CoC seconds from regaining conscious after Ragnarok.

At least now we know this shitshole doesn't deserve constructing text walls of feat analysis, it's a waste of effort.
a moment of silence for power scalers warriors who wrote essays trying to analyze who's stronger than who
Post automatically merged:

So, Oden mid diffing Kaido doesn't make Kaido less intimidating to you? Ham. Strange!

This is not the final battle between Luffy and Kaido, Luffy will lose this round too, then the real 1v1 will start between healthy Kaido and Luffy. And as I've said many times already, one piece is ending, it's fucking ending so get used to it already. It's time for Luffy to finally defeat someone in 1v1, Luffy has been getting help in every significant battle in the new world, it's time to finally have a clean 1v1.
what's One Piece ending have to do with good writing?

if One piece ending is shit, would you say the serie gotta end so it's okay?

Thoughts?
Kaidou hasnt use his best form yet. Also Luffy finally understanding how to use something he has since pre-timeskip is not an asspull imo. He specializes in conqueror haki, he can spam it since post timeskip because he has so much of it, he just putting the puzzle pieces together since Hyogoro taught him to use flow of CoA, but apparently Kaidou can use the flow principle for CoC as well. Luffy just put two and two together and utilizing CoC storage he hasnt even using properly since pre-TS.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

How do you see this playing out if not with a CoC brawl, which is effectively indistinguishable from a regular fist fight with some black lightning sprinkled in? Since you believe I spend all my fucking time on this forum without ever having read shonen manga, you must have some incredible insight about how what we’ve seen so far points in a different direction, subverting expectations set by this and all other paint-by-numbers series in the genre.
Post automatically merged:

Like, if this were still the start of the battle, there might be more reason to believe that there are plenty of aces left in the hole, and both undoubtedly have a few of those apiece...but Kaido’s in hybrid form and Luffy’s putting all the Haki shit together, we’re closer to the conclusion than some of y’all wanna believe.

Yall complaining about Luffy gearing up to wreck Kaido's ass like he didnt come to Wano to do just that.

It makes perfect sense that Luffy is fighting Hybrid Kaido equally. Kaido being physically stronger doesnt matter if Luffy is hitting him without touching. And lets not even forget that Luffy was capable of fighting Kaido anyway BEFORE this power boost. Hybrid Kaido had to fucking dodge a Red Hawk and G3 had Kaido shitting himself for a couple seconds at the beginning of the fight.

And what other choice does Oda have but to have base luffy put in that work? G4 overuses Haki as is. Luffy supposed to jump into G4 again and time out faster now that he got ACoC to the list of shit he gotta overuse lol? Come on now, nobody was bitching when Zoro was putting in work blocking Hakai and still pushing on with shattered bones and ripping out the asspull CoCAshura.

Every single time we get the panel with Luffy smiling at the reader and cracking his knuckles, he wins the upcoming fight.
That's a decent correlation but really nothing that certainly tells us what comes next

How do you see this playing out if not with a CoC brawl, which is effectively indistinguishable from a regular fist fight with some black lightning sprinkled in? Since you believe I spend all my fucking time on this forum without ever having read shonen manga, you must have some incredible insight about how what we’ve seen so far points in a different direction, subverting expectations set by this and all other paint-by-numbers series in the genre.
Why would I say there's a problem with judging an outcome that hasn't happened and then judge it myself (positively or negatively) by asserting my own, equally uninformed prediction?

Yall complaining about Luffy gearing up to wreck Kaido's ass like he didnt come to Wano to do just that.

It makes perfect sense that Luffy is fighting Hybrid Kaido equally. Kaido being physically stronger doesnt matter if Luffy is hitting him without touching. And lets not even forget that Luffy was capable of fighting Kaido anyway BEFORE this power boost. Hybrid Kaido had to fucking dodge a Red Hawk and G3 had Kaido shitting himself for a couple seconds at the beginning of the fight.

And what other choice does Oda have but to have base luffy put in that work? G4 overuses Haki as is. Luffy supposed to jump into G4 again and time out faster now that he got ACoC to the list of shit he gotta overuse lol? Come on now, nobody was bitching when Zoro was putting in work blocking Hakai and still pushing on with shattered bones and ripping out the asspull CoCAshura.
Well I wouldn't say nobody. But the Zoro Cultists just insult anybody or talk down to people who says otherwise or call out that Zoro's got major asspulling...

This is not likely the last round as Yamato still need to confront and fight Kaidou sometimes later down the line. So Kaidou may still boink Luffy again, and Yamato comes to interfere, and buy times for Luffy to recover.
There's still the 1% man, which, in all likeliness, high chance it's Luffy.
But Luffy is 100% 1v1-ing and beating Kaidou in the final round. There should be no one else interefering (yes i'm refering to Zoro or Law or Kid).

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

That doesn't make sense. Both of them are using acoc not just luffy.
We already know a base kaido can ko g4 instantly. So why would luffy using acoc AS WELL close the gap ?